Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

A&B Sound add $$$ to order without notifying me

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

A&B Sound add $$$ to order without notifying me

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-01, 01:56 AM
Mez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In short I ordered a number of box sets from A&B Sound, they then changed the price (CA$63.49 to CA$177.49) on my order without notrifying me and kept my order open. If I hadn't checked my email, they would have shipped and charged the goods at the increased price.

I have an email confirming the $63.49 price. Naturally they have a clause in their trading terms that allows them to change the price without telling me - this seems pretty severe.

Do I have a case if I ask them to stick to the original amount. The order is still pending.

Thanks for your help.

Justin
Old 06-20-01, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've only had them do something like this to me once... when I ordered Sex and the City 2nd edition. They originally had it listed as a 2 disc set and when they corrected their listing, they had to increase the shipping charge listed on their orders. However they did email everyone (as I remember seeing a thread here on the subject back then) and had no problem with them adding like $2 to the shipping charge.

Not that it mattered, 'cause their site got hacked before the disc was released, and I had to reenter my order anyway...
Old 06-23-01, 02:09 AM

Yeah ABSound is a piece of sh*t. I'm in Canada and we have few quality DVD etailers (HMV - always list and Rogers Video) and would love to order from them. But this "topping off" of the cash on the order is just sick. They didn't have a verisign type encryption on their site and then after it's hacked it still looks really cheap. I had to reg to post this just to let you know that this company is a joke. You might as well order from Troma. I hope they go out of business and whoever is in charge of the store ends up with herpes.
Old 06-26-01, 05:15 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

I used to purchase from ABSound before they got hacked, and never had any problems. After their long downtime which they claimed was due to a full-scale investigation, they never had the courtesy to explain what was the outcome.

I also had to cancell my credit card at their request for security reasons, and was never compensated for this hassle.

Now, on their new website, they only deliver to selected countries, and Singapore is missing from their list, so is Hong Kong and Malaysia. Good luck to them if they want to throw away a big chunk of business.