Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix SUCKS!

Old 06-14-01, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone familiar with Netflix.com's policies. I had received a free month of rentals from them and rented a few DVDs, I received all but one. I reported to them that I never received it. I had to cancel my membership to avoid rolling over in to the next month were I would have gotten charged. Now I check my account and they charged me $32.48 for a movie I never received. I called them up and explained to them, but the guy said I am responsible. Did anyone ever encounter this?
Old 06-15-01, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar exprience. Months ago when I first joined up cause I had a free month code. Well I only recieved like three dvds. I returned them back to get a new shipment. Well in my account it said that they still havent recieved them yet so I was not able to get some more dvds. Later on I get e-mailed to return the dvds or I will be charged for them. I e-mail them back saying that I mailed the dvds to them. They responed like something like credited my card and that I wont be charged. I then cancelled my account.
Old 06-21-01, 09:04 PM
Banned

I've been a memeber since 1999 and nothing like that has happened to me.
Old 06-25-01, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i tried netflix free but luckly i used a private payments number on my AMEX BLUE, My dvd's still haven't gotten here it has been 7 days not counting sunday, I don't like to plan what movie i want to watch the sunday after next on thursday so unless they get some better shipping i can't use this service... its a shame i would have enjoyed watching all those movies.
Old 06-26-01, 12:06 PM

I have just gone through the similar fate. I had the free month at Netflix and shipping averaged 7 to 10 days. By the time they got the movies back, the month was more than half over. I was not able to rent many movies. I could do better at a local BB. That was my main complaint. I just started with a free month at Dvdbarn. It seems to be a little better. They need to make a deal on the shipping to really make that service worth while.
Old 06-26-01, 10:51 PM

WOW.. This is still going on?!?!?!?

I thought Netflix would have cleaned up their act by now. It all started back in the day, about Sept 2000. I was a member for about 5 months. The first 3 months were great. New releases were everywhere. The last two months, well here is what happened.

1. they started to charge sales tax even though they don't have a dist. in my state.

2. The service started to go down hill. I used to be able to rent anywhere from 8-10 DVD's per month, then it went to about 4 at the most. They would have Released to ship status for weeks.

3. Then they increased the charge of the 4 per month from 19.95 to 24.95 plus tax.

Well that did it for me dammit.. I am now with RMD and I must say they rock. I have not had a problem with their service at all. I have been with them for about 5 months now. Give them a looksy if you are looking for something better than netfux.

Just my 2 cents. LOL

Old 06-27-01, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea I am going to give RMD a try i hope it much better.
Old 06-28-01, 07:21 PM
Cool New Member

For awhile Netflix was OK on new releases. Now they are back to long waits. And a new problem. Upcoming releases are just not posted. Just a few each week of some of the OLD movies that they are getting!!
Old 06-28-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

RMD?

What is the URL for them?
Old 07-04-01, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My latest email from netflix:

Little Vera(1988)
Deep Red(1994)
Anguish(1986)

will be removed from your Rental Queue.

We're removing certain titles from our rental assortment because the DVD discs used for these particular titles have an unusually high breakage rate. Unfortunately, this defect does not allow us to keep an adequate stock of these titles available. Rather than hope the remaining intact discs don’t break during shipment to our customers' homes, we feel it's more appropriate to remove these titles from our DVD library.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope you enjoy the many other DVDs we offer. Netflix not only makes every effort to maintain the largest selection of DVD titles available but also strives to give its customers the best DVD experience possible.

Please check our site periodically to see about availability of the discontinued title(s). The title(s) may become available again if a new, stronger manufacturing process is used.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your commitment to Netflix.

Sincerely,

The Netflix Team

DOH!