Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-01, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks LRZone

Just fired off a similar email, let's hope I can get a similar deal since I'm now on day 13 of my wait.
Old 06-27-01, 10:42 AM

I was told on two separate occasions that my order had shipped on the 13th and I still have not received anything. At this point I simply want a refund and sent an e-mail stating as much. Has anyone else contacted them about getting a refund? If so, what type of response have you received.
Old 06-27-01, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i just talked to CSR and she said it could take up to 3 WEEKS

she said it took her dvds 3 weeks to get to her house

what a load of crap!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-01, 11:10 AM

just fired off a similar email myself siting the discrepancy between saying "yeah maybe in 3 weeks youll have your dvd's" and their own 2 day guarantee.

this sort of nonsense is happening way too often when i purchase things online. you get a small or decent discount somehow, but then its a pain in the neck to just GET what you have been charged for already.
Old 06-27-01, 01:21 PM

I ordered 3 movies on June 14, was charged on June 15, and recieved email that they had been shipped June 15. Since it's been plenty of time for the good ole USPS to get them to my door, I finally had a chance to give Overstock a call yesterday, June 26. The CSR I spoke with (don't remember name) confirmed my order and told me the DVDs had been shipped, but they had been having problems with the USPS and orders were taking 3 weeks! He actually tried to blame the postal service! To this I said that he was full of you know what because the post office doesn't take 3 weeks to ship anything at any shipping class and that he must be lying about my order being shipped. Anywho, after a few unpleasant words, the CSR told me that there's nothing he could do, but if I had not received them by this Friday (2 weeks) to call back and they'd be able to put a trace on them -- for some reason the need to wait ten business days to do this. Still didn't arrive today...
Old 06-27-01, 01:43 PM

I have the same problem with DeepDiscountDvd.com . I had a preorder for Castaway which was shipped out on June 7 via USPS and I still haven't received as of today. I called DDD customer service and they also stated that they have been having problems with USPS taking up to 3 weeks for delivery! I'm guessing, but I think it's their new excuse for their own delays.
Old 06-27-01, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Pochoboy
I have the same problem with DeepDiscountDvd.com . I had a preorder for Castaway which was shipped out on June 7 via USPS and I still haven't received as of today. I called DDD customer service and they also stated that they have been having problems with USPS taking up to 3 weeks for delivery! I'm guessing, but I think it's their new excuse for their own delays.
Well, since I've had a number of pleasant transactions with DDD, I'm more inclined to believe them than Overstock. When you get a shipping notification from them, at least you know that they shipped your item out on that day. If it takes awhile to get to its destination, then that's the post office and media mail for ya. That's the price we pay for free shipping (unless you upgraded to priority mail...then I would be mad if I hadn't received my order, yet).

I think that the majority of the people in this thread are upset with Overstock because they blatantly lied about when items were shipped. If I get an email stating that my order was shipped on 06/15, then I expect it to have been shipped on that date, not 2 weeks later.

Anyway, I hope you get your dvd soon.
Old 06-27-01, 02:16 PM

So true, DDD has been great, I wonder if anyone got the real deal "Blues Brothers"?
Old 06-27-01, 02:47 PM
Cool New Member

Tried to call and complain enough to also get $10 off current order with no luck.

Was offered $10 off my next order and when I refused that, they gave me free shipping, which I accepted. I really didn't want to take it, but hey, I guess its better than nothing.

I also sent an email with *very similar* wording to the above post and received a response that said they would look into the problem and try to urge this along.

So, I didn't get $10 off, but I did get $3.95. Better than nothing.
Old 06-27-01, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mrglass
I think that the majority of the people in this thread are upset with Overstock because they blatantly lied about when items were shipped. If I get an email stating that my order was shipped on 06/15, then I expect it to have been shipped on that date, not 2 weeks later.
Yup. That's me.

Ordered on the 13th
"shipped" on the 13th
Credit card charged on the 13th
still waiting on the 27th
and my Order Status STILL only says "Accepted"

Screw Overstock. In the last couple weeks I know I've talked at least a few people out of ordering from them. And if I can, I'm gonna' talk a lot more people out of it.

They blatantly lie on the phone and on their webpage. Can you say "fraud"? I thought you could...
Old 06-27-01, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
It's been two weeks since I've ordered and I've still only received the wrong (MGM version instead of Warner as shown on the site) Grinch DVD. The other two DVDs are who knows where. I'll give it one more week, in case they're using media mail, but after that I'm just going to dispute the charge with my credit card. The reply I received to my email was horrible. Not only was it a form letter, they forgot to replace (your email here) with their email address and (your name here) with their name. I'll send a copy of that with my complaint to my credit card and I'll have this all taken care of.
Old 06-27-01, 03:35 PM

If you haven't already ordered from this outfit, I strongly recommend that you do not.

I was told on two separate occasions that my order shipped on the 13th. I was then sent an e-mail indicating that it could take up to 14 days for delivery. I replied today to that e-mail and asked for a refund becasue I still had not received anything. The response I got ignored my request for a refund and now announced that it could take up to 3 and 1/2 weeks to receive my order. They still did not backtrack on their representation that it shipped on the 13th, instead they expect me to believe that 1st class mail could take up to 3 and 1/2 weeks for delivery (despite saying 14 days in the email that I was responding to). Note: I say 1st class because their site explicitly states that this is their shipping method.

I replied pointing out all the inconsistencies in what they have represented to me and telling them that I have to dispute the charge with my cerdit card carrier. Is there any way to rate them at bizrate.com after the fact? People should be warned about this.
Old 06-27-01, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they have 30 days from the time they charge your card to ship your order.

So if I orders aren't completed within 30days I think we're all within our rights to cancel our orders.
Old 06-27-01, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

dude
im gonna wait till this friday and if i dont get my dvds.. im gonna call up citibank and tell them im disputing the charge

this **** is weak!!!

usps is not this slow

i could freakin walk to tennesse and pick up my dvds by now

WTF!!!
one more time
WTF!!!!
Old 06-27-01, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and if some how my dvds are in bad shape or dont work correctly and they expect me to send back mine and they will send me new dvds.. im gonna shoot myself
Old 06-27-01, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just curious if anybody has posted a complaint about Overstock on those websites that review online merchants. Perhaps we should, no?

I just found the BBB online complaint webapage. Away I go!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-01, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I couldn't believe it, Overstock.com actually is part of the BBBOnline Reliablity Program! Ha! RELIABILITY???

To file a complaint against Overstock.com (really most effective if you have already complained to Overstock and gotten an unacceptable/untrue response) Click here:

http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp

To find out the pertninant info about Overstock (address, phone# etc) click here for their "BBB Reliability Profile"

http://www.bbbonline.org/profile.asp...10249233612695

If you feel like you're getting screwed/lied-to/jerked around by Overstock... Do it! And at least demand that you get your "Guaranteed shipped within 2-days" money back.
Old 06-27-01, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by FredLove
Tried to call and complain enough to also get $10 off current order with no luck.

Was offered $10 off my next order and when I refused that, they gave me free shipping, which I accepted. I really didn't want to take it, but hey, I guess its better than nothing.

I also sent an email with *very similar* wording to the above post and received a response that said they would look into the problem and try to urge this along.

So, I didn't get $10 off, but I did get $3.95. Better than nothing.
Little solace, but I too called, and they credited the $3.95 back to my credit card. I used the "Your website says 2 day shipping 1st class mail" line, and the CSR put me on hold, before approving it. Guess they are getting alot of these requests.
Old 06-27-01, 06:06 PM

If you need help with your Overstock DVD Order

Please drop me a line - [email protected]

We will see that you are taken care of.

Thanks and we do appreciate your business.
Old 06-27-01, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, i wasn't expecting that.

Still i'm glad i stayed away from this deal. I'm still betting it's the wrong blues brothers.
Old 06-28-01, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Werlin

Well, I just want to let you all know that I did email Werlin and he says he's "on the case" as far as crediting back my shipping charges. I didn't get too greedy--I just asked for the $3.95 back. Of course, making the DVDs appear at my house is probably going to be more of a chore. Two weeks, and still no arrival.

At least overstock has made a baby step. I received a response from Mr Werlin within a couple hours of emailing him, and he was very polite and apologetic. I doubt it will have an impact on my policy to not shop there anymore, but it's a good gesture.
Old 06-28-01, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just sent this to that dude:

Hi,
I recieved your e-mail from Geoffrey Kleinman ([email protected]),my nickname on dvdtalk.com is SpacemanSpiff. As I have written in the forum, I find it unacceptable that my dvds supposedly will take 3 weeks to ship (as one of the Customer Service People told me).

Invoice Number: ****
Invoice Date: 06-15-2001

I believe something should be done to rectify this situation or I will take my business somewhere else.

Thank you

------------------------------------
i dunno if it wasnt harsh enough but hopefully it will get my point across
Old 06-28-01, 10:18 AM

Re: Werlin

Originally posted by jiggyblau
Well, I just want to let you all know that I did email Werlin and he says he's "on the case" as far as crediting back my shipping charges. I didn't get too greedy--I just asked for the $3.95 back. Of course, making the DVDs appear at my house is probably going to be more of a chore. Two weeks, and still no arrival.

At least overstock has made a baby step. I received a response from Mr Werlin within a couple hours of emailing him, and he was very polite and apologetic. I doubt it will have an impact on my policy to not shop there anymore, but it's a good gesture.
indeed.
Old 06-28-01, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is what he responded back:
Jesse,

You are right, it is unacceptable. Please give me 24 hours to provide you
with an acceptable answer. I apologize for the inconvenience.

J.P. Werlin
Overstock.com
Partner Program Manager

voice (801) 947-3175
fax (801) 947-3155
Old 06-28-01, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
I received an email from Mr. Werlin last night promising to take care of my order and asking for the invoice number. This was before I saw he had posted here, so hopefully this will all be taken care of.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.