Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

*deal over* Overstock.com $20 off $50 for first timers / dvd delivery status

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-01, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I mentioned in earlier posts, I received my full order. My credit card was credited for the full amount.

For confirmation, I asked them if they still wanted me to ship the incorrect "Grinch" I had received back to them - since I said I would send it back after they credited my account. I got two emails today from J.P. & Wes saying, "to keep it for all the inconvience I went through".

So, it took almost a month, but Overstock fixed my order & then gave it to me for free. I've got to hand it to J. Werlin, he did get a lot done for us after his company screwed up so much.
I hope all of your orders are resolved shortly!
Old 07-16-01, 06:27 PM
Cool New Member

Well I'm still waiting for my three movies....I got the email from Brian stating to contact him if I didn't receive them by friday which I did and nothing yet. I called Brad Potter again today and he said he would talk to JP about the email as he wasn't CC'd on it but the day went by with nothing. I did get the full purchase price back but I still want the DVDs as the time I've spent on the phone more than equals the amount of the dvds...
Old 07-18-01, 03:27 PM

Am I the only one still waiting for my order? I finally got my refund, but they basically told me, IF you get you order keep it. For the people that got refunds, is this basically what they said to you? I know if my order doesn't come in, reguardless of the refund, I will not buy from this company again.

Totally unprofessional to charge someones credit card on 6/19, never ship the product or ship the product weeks later. Then, when a month has elapsed refund the customer, but not guarentee that the product will ariave. Absolute worst online expirence.
Old 07-18-01, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nick-tdi
Am I the only one still waiting for my order? I finally got my refund, but they basically told me, IF you get you order keep it. For the people that got refunds, is this basically what they said to you? I know if my order doesn't come in, reguardless of the refund, I will not buy from this company again.
After arguing with them for weeks, complaining to the BBB (more than once) and being told my shipping was being refunded (yipee ) but not seing even that show up on my CC, I finally contacted my CC, disputed the charges and told Overstock to cancel my order and gimme' back my money.

They told me the same thing "when the DVDs show up, just keep them" but I'm certainly not holding my breath since the Priority Mail number still doesn't work TWENTY DAYS after they sent it to me.

Totally unprofessional to charge someones credit card on 6/19, never ship the product or ship the product weeks later. Then, when a month has elapsed refund the customer, but not guarentee that the product will ariave. Absolute worst online expirence.
I agree 100% Completely unbelievable.

Old 07-18-01, 08:13 PM
Cool New Member

Well I was contacted today by Robert A at Overstock and said he would have a shipping # for the overnight package. I expected it today, but alas nothing. However he will probably call tomorrow to give it to me as the turnaround time seems to always be a day in getting calls back and such.
Old 07-19-01, 12:44 PM

The saga continues... So I placed my order on June 22nd and am still waiting. I kept reading the posts and hoping my order will come. So today I called Overstock up and talked to Brian.

He was VERY friendly and informative. He told me that the cd's / dvd's were from their 3rd party fulfillment company, culprit. Anyways, he said they had no idea of all the shipping problems till all of our orders were placed. Overstock's CEO heard of the problems and tried to place a CD order. It took him 3 1/2 weeks to get the order.

After that, they cancelled their contract with Culprit and he told me they're looking for someone new.. and you can't even buy cd/dvd's from them right now.

So I told them I'd wait till Monday, 4 weeks later, and if I still don't have anything; they'd credit my CC. What a pain.. at least they seemed helpful and understanding...
Old 07-19-01, 04:53 PM
Cool New Member

I finally got my dvd order w/ Tommy Boy and 3 Blues Brother 2000 dvds - wrong, of course...contacted them and Brian from Cupit said to keep those three copies and that the correct ones were on the way - haven't seen them yet, but I'm hoping. I'm going to pursue the full refund though being that I ordered these on June 12th - the shipping was nice, but even w/ keeping three copies that I don't want, I still think I should be refunded for the hassles...basically, though, I just want the dvds - hopefully tomorrow, but I've said that for quite a while now...
Old 07-19-01, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by echo_llp
...he told me that the cd's / dvd's were from their 3rd party fulfillment company, Culprit...
All of a sudden I'll never get used to seeing their name spelled "Cupit" again!
Old 07-19-01, 07:39 PM

haa.. yea, just noticed that. freudian slip i guess
Old 07-19-01, 07:48 PM

Culprit

You gave me the first good chuckle I've had in a over month of following this site- Thanks!!!
Old 07-20-01, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that is funny..

what isn't funny is Overstock doesn't seem to care. My wife is still missing 2 of her 3 ordered dvds and they won't even respond to inquiries.

:updating because my wife was told she has received a credit for the entire order.. They did apologize because someone should have contacted her and told her that a while ago.

Now we will see if the credit is applied

Last edited by matchpenalty; 07-20-01 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-20-01, 03:48 PM
Cool New Member

Well Robert Anderson just called me back after I had to call him to remind him to call me and informed me that since I got a credit on the DVD's that they would not be sending them to me at all. So I'm off to the BBB to file my complaint. The credit was never hinged on me getting the DVD's and I was promised their shipment. So if any of you are in the same boat...look out...
Old 07-20-01, 05:13 PM
Cool New Member

This whole deal smells bad. I was told my order had shipped, even given one of those non-working tacking numbers. Worst thing is, all my correspondance was about getting my order that had shipped. Eventually, myself like most others was credited for the entire order after I said I will not wait any longer. Here is the joke. Apparently now I am not to expect any dvd's. Hold on a second, I was told they shipped, confirmed with a number?? Now, Culprit might be a bad apple, but overstock lied about everything. I could care less that I was credited, I was also lied to, for a MONTH! So anyone who has not requested a refund--do so NOW! The dvds are not in the mail.
Old 07-20-01, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by bigloo
Now, Culprit might be a bad apple, but overstock lied about everything. I could care less that I was credited, I was also lied to, for a MONTH!
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Overstock.com has repeatedly lied about shipping our dvds (yes, you Mr. JP Werlin! and you Mr. Brian Christian! You should be ashamed). This is not emotional rhetoric, this is completely verifiable using my own experiences. They have consistently lied about their actions....

Anyone who complains to the BBB should emphasize the lying. It is not enough for Overstock.com to say, "Gee, we had a problem with our DVD/ CD supplier who was a bad apple. But we've taken strong and decisive action to correct all that by taking the DVDs and CDs off our website until we find a good supplier to handle it for us."

If they would only stop lying!!!! That's what they haven't dealt with- they have lied to me three times in just the past 10 days.

First, last Wednesday I got the standard email from Mr. Christian:
"If you do not receive it by friday, please inform us and we will overnight you a new package.

Of course it didn't arrive by Friday. Next, I emailed them immediately and on Friday I received an email which stated:
"You Blues Brothers will reship today." (sic)

Then, I quickly sent an email back stating that I was way beyond being satisfied with a vague promise like that, and they responded Monday with an email which stated:
"It (your order) will be shipped on tuesday via USPS Express Mail"

You mean it didn't go out Friday???
Should I now entertain the idea that USPS Express Mail takes more than 3 days and it's on its way???

I emailed them today, of course. No answer yet, but I bet they respond that they're sorry and they will send them to me right away...
Old 07-20-01, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bigloo
This whole deal smells bad. I was told my order had shipped, even given one of those non-working tacking numbers. Worst thing is, all my correspondance was about getting my order that had shipped. Eventually, myself like most others was credited for the entire order after I said I will not wait any longer. Here is the joke. Apparently now I am not to expect any dvd's. Hold on a second, I was told they shipped, confirmed with a number?? Now, Culprit might be a bad apple, but overstock lied about everything. I could care less that I was credited, I was also lied to, for a MONTH! So anyone who has not requested a refund--do so NOW! The dvds are not in the mail.
Please contact the BBB about this and report something on all the feedback sites that Overstock.com has (arrogantly) listed on their home page. It's basically the only recourse we have (like giving feedback on eBay) and if I'm the only one doing it, then that's only one voice out of all the people who got defrauded here.

More info about the BBB and links can be found in my previous posts on the subject.

Thanks
Old 07-21-01, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got Quills and O Brother Where Art Though, did not get Blues Brothers. Called back and asked for credit for Blues Brothers and it went straight through. Not bad if you ask me.
Old 10-24-01, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The order that wouldn't die....

And the thread rises from the dead!

I just got an e-mail from Overstock telling me that my order has just been shipped via USPS. I thought that this was odd since I didn't just order anything from Overstock, so I searched back through my e-mail and found that the e-mail is identical to the one I got back on Wed, 13 Jun 2001

The order # is my order from months and months ago!

I have no idea what this means, but maybe they're finally getting around to shipping out my stuff!

Crazy a$$ sh!t.