Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I HATE the rebate companies

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I HATE the rebate companies

Old 05-15-01, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, i just had to vent, this is getting ridiculous

yesterday i received my buy 3 get 1 free Warner rebate back in th e-mail saying the proof-of-purchase was from an invalid selection, when it was a valid title (Red planet). This is the THIRD friggin time they have sent my Warner one back for no reason and when i send it back in with the exact same contents it usually works the second time.

Then today...

I got back 2 more DVD rebates, the paramount and the New line/Tribes 2 $10 rebate. The New line one stated that i didnt include the proof-of purchases, which they were right there in the [email protected] envelope they sent back. I called the CS number they included and she told me it must have been an error because her computer showed my order to be processed, not sent back. Then the paramount one says that they werent sure whhich Star Trek movie i wanted, when im looking at the coupon AND THERES ONLY ONE STAR TREK SELECTION to choose from...whatever, that is the lamest excuse ive ever heard.

This is ridiculous, i know i cant be the only one who keeps getting screwed by these rebates, can i? How can they "accidentaly" screw things up so frequently?

ok im done...breathe....

[Edited by DVDKrayzie on 05-15-01 at 02:14 PM]
Old 05-15-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah that's what sucks about them, every little detail in their instructions must be followed correctly or else your rebate is voided by contract. That is why I refuse to front $169 for some stupid dvds at Cyberrebate.
Old 05-15-01, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dvd-fisherman
Yeah that's what sucks about them, every little detail in their instructions must be followed correctly or else your rebate is voided by contract. That is why I refuse to front $169 for some stupid dvds at Cyberrebate.
well it seems even if you do it correctly, youre still at the mercy of the morons who work there
Old 05-15-01, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
9 months later....i'm still waiting for my rebate from the Lexmark printer i bought that was supposed to be FREE after rebate that BIGBIGSAVINGS scammed me on.