Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have Twec cancel an order using the 15% off coupon?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone else have Twec cancel an order using the 15% off coupon?

Old 04-28-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was checking on my order from Twec that I made on 4/21 only to find they cancelled it. I used the 15% off and free shipping coupon to order three DVDs, but no notification or explanation was given. Maybe they are cracking down on orders that didn't use a Discover card. Just checking to see if anyone else had this happen, and as warning to check a pending order with this coupon to see if they did this to you.

items qty ship via ship date tracking status
Dvd-Rio Bravo
Rio Bravo-Dvd
Media: DVD
Item: 085391105022
Standard

Canceled
ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORIZATION

Dvd-Rocky Films
Rocky-Special Editio
Item: 027616860361
Standard

Canceled

Dvd-Working Girl
Working Girl-Dvd
Item: 024543013655
Standard

Canceled

Old 04-28-01, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Worked Fine For Me!

Used it recently for Superman 1 and 2...Worked Fine
Old 05-04-01, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in, I just used the 15% off coupon and twec cancelled my order.

I guess they don't really want the business. If you leave out their coupons, twec is one of the highest online vendors. Their shipping is OK, but their discounts (about 15-20%) is not as good as others.

They need some newer coupons now if they want to keep their customers!
Old 05-04-01, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've never cancelled any of my orders (I've placed two using the coupon), but they did place them on "hold." In both instances, I had to call them and find out what was going on because they took too long to process my order. Each time I got a customer service rep on the phone, they claimed that they needed to verify my billing address. Don't know why since I've placed previous orders with them using that same credit card. They claimed it was a routine "fraud check."

Maybe it's because when I use the coupon, I USE the coupon (i.e. ordering $200+ worth of merchandise). Anyway, if they're cracking down, it's a shame. I won't use them unless they have coupons.
Old 05-04-01, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dvdirv
Count me in, I just used the 15% off coupon and twec cancelled my order.

I guess they don't really want the business. If you leave out their coupons, twec is one of the highest online vendors. Their shipping is OK, but their discounts (about 15-20%) is not as good as others.

They need some newer coupons now if they want to keep their customers!
I was able to get my order reactivated by customer service when I called them. I found out they cancelled it because they said there was a technical problem with my credit card. I really didn't understand why they cancelled the order since they said they had the same problem with two other orders I placed with them, but they shipped and charged me for those orders.

The CSR did notice I used the 15% coupon that was intended for Discover card users, and did give me a slight hassle about using it with a Master Card. She did ask if I had a Discover card and how I found the coupon. Eventually she agreed to replace my order and let me use the coupon, but warned about misuse of coupons in the future.
Old 05-04-01, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I only tried using TWEC once and used a coupon. they canceled the order so I never went back to them again. I figured if they have this much problem with normal orders I will not take a chance on how they will treat me if i have a real problem.

Glad to see they helped you this time even if they lectured you about coupon abuse