Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD sucks!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-01, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
both dr. dank and i received emails from DDD about our pearl jam DVDs yesterday. they got some and are sending them out next day UPS at no extra charge.

a week late, but excellent CS.

Old 05-09-01, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Despite some of the issues (it's good to see PJ getting resolved), I placed my first order with them yesterday. I hope they deliver since it's an already released item. One thing is for certain, their email confirmation system sucks. Order numbers should be given immediately not, within 24hrs of the confirmation of you placing an order.
Old 05-09-01, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll reiterate here that DDD.com's cs is excellent

After all's said and done, give them a chance. But I hope they will tweak/streamline their system to include some of the facilities offered by their competitors
Old 05-09-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just went through my first order with DDD, and everything was great. I ordered last week, got confirmation emails for order and shipping both. They arrived today within the time frame DDD said they would.

Granted, that's only 1 order, but I'm happy.
Old 05-09-01, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh well, so much for luck. Got a backorder notice.. They say it will ship by the 19th though. We will see,
Old 05-11-01, 07:40 AM
Cool New Member

I pre-ordered several DVDs from DeepDiscountDVD. The 1st, Space Cowboys which was released on 4/17, did not arrive until 4/26. This was the same day that I called CS and was told their stock had not yet arrived. The 2nd, The Magnificent Seven which was released on 5/8, arrived on 5/7. The only way I knew this DVD had shipped was when I checked my credit card, on-line, and saw a charge from DD on 5/1. Other than the initial e-mail confirmation of an order I have NEVER received an e-mail notification of shipping. The prices are hard to beat. Although I was disappointed with the delay in getting Space Cowboys, I will probably continue to use them. They MUST improve their e-mail system so that every customer is notified when a DVD has shipped. They should, also, provide customers the ability to check on the status of an order.
Old 05-15-01, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going out on a limb here and taking a pre-order chance with Point Break and Close Encounters (and promo: code = DEEP). I'm not expecting to see these in my mailbox on the street date, but a little good faith on my part after the happy ending to the PJ situation
Old 05-16-01, 09:58 PM

I ordered two dvd's, one was shown out of stock when I ordered, the other was the Pearl Jam preorder. They emailed me with an approximate ship date, other than the delay with the Pearl Jam ( which they upgraded to Priority at no charge and gave me a 10% off coupon), I was very pleased, the money I saved by ordering thru them was well worth the wait and I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Old 05-17-01, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh oh

I just received this from DDD:

"Thank you for your recent order with DeepDiscountDVD.com! Because of an overwhelming demand for the item(s) listed, we are temporarily out of stock. We expect to receive the merchandise and to ship your order within the next twenty-one days"

Edit 5/18:
I have subsequently been contacted by a DDD csr who saw this post, and he assured me that DeepDiscountDVD.com anticipates having sufficient inventory on hand to satisfy pre-orders for Point Break & Close Encounters and that the e-mail was sent erroneously.

Furthermore, for the benefit of this board, DDD is working to overcome any perceptions that there are issues with pre-orders, as it appears they are fully cognizant of the importance of the pre-order business among DVD consumers

[Edited by Dr. Dank on 05-18-01 at 07:07 AM]
Old 05-18-01, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^
Old 05-19-01, 09:51 PM

Well I preordered the x files season three a few months ago when they had their little pricing mistake. A week after the release date I still did not receive it so I contacted ddd to find out why. Apparently there was no record of my transaction. Reading the previous posts on ddd I wasn't too worried about not receiving any email from them on this order. Well now that I missed out on the preorder price I can honestly that my first order experience with ddd sucks.Oh wait a minute, since they "never" received my order does this count?
Old 05-21-01, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well .. i pre-ordered 4 discs... and the first has yet to show up (release date 5/15) ...

the wait continues .. oh, and no shipping emails either
Old 05-22-01, 06:08 PM

I've actually been having a lot of problems using the site. I navigate and add DVDs to my order easily and quickly, however when it comes to to check out, forget about it. It takes forever for the pages to load and I'm never able to complete the order process, no matter how long I let it sit there.

My first order with DDD was a misprice which DDD was nice enough to honor. Since then, I'd attempted to give them my business several times, but their checkout process has serious problems!
Old 05-22-01, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The website needs work and I agree they need an order tracking system. However they have great customer service people and the prices are pretty good when you use a coupon.

I am giving them business for now and hoping they take the steps to correct software issues that can hurt them.
Old 05-22-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can I just encourage people to write DDDVD instead of DDD.

DDD usually refers to DDDhouse in HK.

Only a small thing I know, but I only scan quickly through threads like this and it may help people a little.

Just a though anyway.
Old 05-23-01, 12:23 AM

Anyone still waiting for Ultimate Groove or City Slickers??? These were back-ordered and supposed to ship by 5-29. I guess I'll have to watch my bank account...hehe
Old 05-24-01, 01:31 PM

I noticed Ultimate Groove and City Slickers were charged to my credit card 5/23 so I guess they've got them and shipped them.
Old 05-24-01, 07:03 PM

I'm curious if anyone out there is able to, right now, go to the site, add something to their cart, click checkout, then click "change account info" and it actually works (assuming that first checkout page even loads).

It does not work for me at all for me.

?
Old 05-29-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My first two orders with DDDvd arrived today, and I'm pleased. I orderd City Slickers and Traffic on 5/17. I was suprised about recieving Traffic on the release date. I take it for 10% off and free shipping!
Old 05-29-01, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was surprised today when three DVDs I preordered from Deep Discount arrived a week ahead of the release date, they were scheduled for June 5. I have a couple of other preorders that I am waiting for that have been released now for one and two weeks, and still haven't arrived. If they could be more consistent with getting preorders early and on time, and have good prices I will be totally happy with them.
Old 05-30-01, 12:18 AM

DDD sucks big time!!! They cancelled my x-files season 3 order twice after promising to send them to me. I fired off a nasty email but have yet to receive a reply. They are really a shitty company. Stay away and never order from them!!!
Old 05-30-01, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My experiences have been positive

In my opinion, they don't suck at all. I've placed 4 orders with them during the last 3 months, and so far, they've had consistently good prices (on the stuff I bought, about 15 items), their email notification system has been fine, and my two calls to customer service were answered within one minute by a real person who was courteous and responsive. Billing has been accurate and never posted until an item shipped. I will continue to order from them.
Old 05-30-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD sucks big time!!! They cancelled my x-files season 3 order twice after promising to send them to me. I fired off a nasty email but have yet to receive a reply. They are really a shitty company. Stay away and never order from them!!!

Wait so cause they felt like it they cancelled your order 3 times no less. Was it cancelled or did your card maybe get declined. I can't believe any company would just cancel an order let alone 3 times. So whats the real reason it was cancelled?
Old 05-30-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today Point Break & Close Encounters arrived from DDD. PB was delivered about when expected, but seeing CE in the same box was a pleasant surprise Maybe they are getting wise to this pre-order stuff Didn't receive any e-mails that the items had been shipped, however
Old 05-30-01, 04:29 PM

Where do they ship from?

To anyone who's received something from them - where do they ship from? If they're close, Media Mail will be OK for me, but if not, Priority.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.