Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How many lost shipment you have with Netflix?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How many lost shipment you have with Netflix?

Old 04-18-01, 08:15 PM
dk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have jointed Netflix since Oct 2000. Starting from X’max last year, I lost the shipment once a while. Up to now, I lost total 7 shipments and they put my account on-hold once.
I filed a complaint to the local post office and of course, nothing improved.

I live in NY 11374. Anybody have similar problem in this area? How about other areas? Please post your number of shipments.

On the other hand, I found something very fishy with Netflix. Sometime when a shipment is lost, I request a replacement (re-send the same title). A couple days later, I rec’d the replacement (at least that what I thought) and sent it back. However, when Netflix rec’d the DVD back, they claimed that the DVD is the first one that sent to me. According to Netflix, every DVD has a unique bar code (even same title has different bar code) and that is how they keep track of which DVD send to which customer at what time. I can only think of two scenarios that will make the above happened:
1) The first DVD took more than 3 weeks to get to East Coast from Netflix AND the replacement got lost somewhere.
2) Netflix by mistake did not send out the DVD the first time. When I ordered the replacement, they sent me the same DVD.

Can anybody come up with more scenarios that can explain what happened? Oh, the above happened to me twice.
Old 04-18-01, 08:23 PM

I have one lost shipment since July or so. I had one that the package came apart. I got the sheet with the address. They got the movie back a week or so later.
Old 04-18-01, 08:26 PM

i've lost 2 since Sept2000..

Old 04-18-01, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,351 Likes on 916 Posts
Old 04-19-01, 12:05 PM

Where do I start? I was a member for about 1 year starting in SEP 99. In August 2 discs that I mailed at the same post office on the same day never arrived at Netflix. I called and they told me not to worry about it. Then I recieved sevral discs that were in the wrong envelopes and vice versa. Recieved one disc that was the correct disc in the wrong envelope and then the exact opposite. When I called them, they sent out replacement discs, but refused to check their mistakes becasue they accused me of sending them the wrong dics(the ones they sent me to begin with). Then in OCT 2 more discs that I mailed at the same post office on the same day also never arrived at netflix. I don't know about you guys, but I have used the US Postal Service for 30+ years, and I can count on 1 hand the number of things that have been lost in that time. Then all of the sudden boom four things disappear, in pairs none the less. I went to the post office and I was told that Bulk Mail companies must pay for thei shipments before they can get any mail, and that they can pick and choose which ones they get. For example: If they are strapped for cash, they might not pay for any of their postage and leave the mail in the post office for up to 6 months, at which time the Postal Service will Auction it off(unclaimed mail). So they don't claim their mail, eventually they start charging us for "lost" DVD's and they can get cash needed to run their business. I do not know if Netflix did this, but it certainly makes sense to me. Not to mention the large number of DVD's the Postal Auction sites seem to have. If I find them again I will post their web address.
Old 04-19-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

1 (since January 01)
Ironically, it was the second movie I was to recieve. I was shipped a replacement title right away, and the missing disc ended up back at Netflix about two weeks later from who knows where...

I'm in Illinois
Old 04-19-01, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts
Old 04-20-01, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 titles since January 01. However, one of them is fishy. I had the Sex and the City Season 1 before they broke all the discs up. While I had it out, they changed it to a two disc set....and somehow mine never showed up........
Old 04-20-01, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

Has anyone tried or thought about keeping a Netflix DVD and has reported it lost? Do you think it would work?
Old 04-22-01, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I could be wrong but that is called Fraud/theft. You deserve to whatever happens to you, it's people like you who ruin all the deals.
Old 04-27-01, 05:23 PM

I have been a customer for 18 months, and have rented approximately 150 films in that time frame. It happened to me once, with two disks they mailed on the same day. Both disks evidently had their covers torn off by the USPS' sorting machine, and both disks found their way back to Netflix without me ever seeing them.

I thought it happened again a week ago, with a disk I sent back, but it turned out that I had put the disk in one of their new white plastic mailers, and had neglected to remove my address label. The disk wasn't lost, it had been re-delivered to my house and was sitting in my inbox. I didn't notice it until I got around to opening it a week later. I felt like an idiot, but I can't imagine I am the only person making this mistake - I think those white plastic mailers are a bad idea.
Old 04-27-01, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had no DVD's missing/lost in the mail with them.
Old 04-28-01, 12:24 AM

TomMiller, I know what you mean. I did that once and got a DVD back. It does seem that have gone back to the paper mailers. I like them better.
Old 04-28-01, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to see they switched back to the old mailers too. I almost sent a couple out with my address label still on it. I bet that happened to quite a few people.