Reload this Page >

NFL 2022 Divisional Round Thread

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 01-19-22, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,865 Likes on 1,881 Posts

The NFL announced Sunday the schedule of sites, dates and times for the Divisional Round of the playoffs on Jan. 22-23.

Saturday, Jan. 22

AFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) Cincinnati Bengals at Tennessee Titans (CBS, Paramount+)

NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers (FOX, FOX Deportes)

Sunday, Jan. 23

NFC: 3 p.m. (ET) Los Angeles Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NBC, Peacock, Universo)

AFC: 6:30 p.m. (ET) Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs (CBS, Paramount+)

Here's a look at the NFL playoff schedule from the divisional-round through Super Bowl 56, with television information.

All times MST. Click on each game for specific television information for that game.

NFL divisional-round

Saturday, Jan. 22

Cincinnati Bengals at Tennessee Titans, 2:30 p.m., CBS, Paramount+

The Bengals advanced to face the Titans with a 26-19 win over the Las Vegas Raiders in the wild-card round. The Titans had a bye as the No. 1 seed in the AFC. These teams did not play each other in the regular season.

Ian Eagle and Charles Davis will be the announcers for the game.

San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers, 6:15 p.m., Fox, Fox Deportes

The 49ers upset the Cowboys in Dallas in the wild-card round of the NFL playoffs. The Packers had a bye as the No. 1 seed in the NFC. Green Bay beat San Francisco in a thriller in Week 3, 30-28.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will be the announcers for the game.

Sunday, Jan. 23

Los Angeles Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m., NBC, Peacock, Universo

The Rams beat the Cardinals to advance, 34-11. The Buccaneers advanced with a 31-15 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Rams beat the Bucs in Week 3, 34-24.

Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth will be the announcers for the game.

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs, 4:30 p.m., CBS, Paramount+

The Bills torched the New England Patriots in the wild-card round, 47-17. The Chiefs torched the Pittsburgh Steelers, 42-21. The Bills beat the Chiefs in Week 5, 38-20.

Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will be the announcers for the game.

AFC, NFC championship games

Sunday, Jan. 30

AFC championship game, 1:05 p.m., CBS

NFC championship game, 4:40 p.m., Fox

Super Bowl 56

Sunday, Feb. 13

AFC winner vs. NFC winner, 4:30 p.m., NBC, SoFi Stadium

Old 01-21-22, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: NFL 2022 Divisional Round Thread

Managed to get tickets to Packers/49ers yesterday! It's about an 8 hour drive and the hotel ended up way more than the tickets, but totally worth it. Go Pack Go!!
The following 7 users liked this post by bralph:
Bill Needle (01-21-22), Decker (01-21-22), Deftones (01-21-22), eXcentris (01-22-22), kenbuzz (01-21-22), PhantomStranger (01-21-22), Sonny Corinthos (01-21-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-21-22, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by bralph View Post
Managed to get tickets to Packers/49ers yesterday! It's about an 8 hour drive and the hotel ended up way more than the tickets, but totally worth it. Go Pack Go!!
Playoff games are amazing. Congrats. Except for the Go Pack Go part.
Old 01-21-22, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 561 Likes on 358 Posts

Congrats, but projected gametime temps in the single digits plus a decent wind. Fuck...that. I attended a winter game at Soldier Field (breezy, flurries, temps in the low 20s) 30 years ago and I will never, ever do that again.

Have fun, but stay warm!
Old 01-21-22, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Congrats, but projected gametime temps in the single digits plus a decent wind. Fuck...that. I attended a winter game at Soldier Field (breezy, flurries, temps in the low 20s) 30 years ago and I will never, ever do that again.

Have fun, but stay warm!
I wouldn't want to either, but the worst is mid-30s in a driving rain. I did that at FedEx in the upper deck in Week 17 in 2005 and it sucked. I'd take 10-15 degrees with no precip over 30s and rain.
Old 01-21-22, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 466 Likes on 387 Posts

Old 01-21-22, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

Wonder if he'll be on a 'pitch count.' But should really help for their play-action at least.
Old 01-21-22, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
I wouldn't want to either, but the worst is mid-30s in a driving rain. I did that at FedEx in the upper deck in Week 17 in 2005 and it sucked. I'd take 10-15 degrees with no precip over 30s and rain.
Absolutely. I went to an [email protected] Monday night game years ago and it was just barely warm enough to be rain instead of snow. It was much more miserable than for instance the [email protected] playoff game in January 2014 which by the end of overtime (about 8 pm GB time) it was below 0 without the wind chill. By the time I got home late that night in Minnesota it was 23 degrees below zero.

If Green Bay wins I'll be at the NFC Championship game next weekend which as of now is forecast to be in the mid 20s...practically spring!

Last edited by Bill Needle; 01-21-22 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-21-22, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats! You will never forget the experience, win or lose. Oh, if they lose you may try to forget...but you won't be able to!
Old 01-21-22, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wonder if he'll be on a 'pitch count.' But should really help for their play-action at least.
Maybe they’ll restrict him to 35 touches?
Old 01-21-22, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

At the risk of derailing this thread, Derrick Henry has no bearing on the Titans play action game. It's all dictated by formation and the sort of personnel on the field.
Old 01-21-22, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 329 Likes on 232 Posts

My first and only NFL game I've attended was a Bills game in 1993... at the time it was the coldest game in Bills history (9 degrees F... -28 with windchill).
The record was broken and it's now considered their 2nd coldest game:

The Top 10 Coldest games in Bills history

It was fucking freezing... it's a shithole of a stadium... the washrooms had disgusting pissing troughs... and the Bills won the game. Not a good time.
Old 01-21-22, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts

Lol... Titans are worried about Bengal fans showing up en masse to Saturday's game.... so much that they've monkeyed-around with the ticket transfer rules.

I know the Predators do this regularly to try to restrict Blackhawk fans - which is odd considering that there really aren't any traveling Blackhawk fans unless Chicago is doing well - but I never expected the top-seeded super Titans to have to worry about a bunch of playoff rookies filling their stadium with orange and black stripes. Its not like we've got a bandwagon or something (oh, wait). Lol. But, whatever...

Linky: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ets/6590045001
Cincinnati Bengals fans are probably going to travel pretty well to the team’s divisional-round playoff game against the Tennessee Titans. It is, after all, a pretty manageable road trip and the team just overcame a 31-year playoff drought. And the Titans want to make sure Bengals fans can’t swarm the stadium on Saturday. So much so, the Titans have changed their ticket transfer policy just in time for the game.

Brooke Ellenberger, Vice President of Ticketing for the Titans, explained why the rules are getting changed, per Chris Davis of News Channel 5: “We want Nissan Stadium to be two tone blue. And so by limiting this transfer window, it also limits the number of visiting team fans that we’ll have in the stadium. By limiting that transfer time would limit some of the resale and some of that transfer activity that would happen in advance.”

Under the new rules, tickets can’t be transferred to someone else until 24 hours before kickoff.
Old 01-22-22, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

NFL will stop daily testing of unvaxxed players and test only if they have symptoms. Cue cries of “NFL admits vax is useless, and we unvaxxed stood up to them and won!” and “NFL didn’t dare lose Aaron Rodgers on the eve of the Super Bowl.” I wouldn’t rule out the latter myself.

Old 01-22-22, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 612 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
My first and only NFL game I've attended was a Bills game in 1993... at the time it was the coldest game in Bills history (9 degrees F... -28 with windchill).
The only NFL game I ever attended was at ASU Sun Devil stadium in AZ against the Redskins and it was like 100+ degrees. Way too hot to sit in the sun.
Old 01-22-22, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
The only NFL game I ever attended was at ASU Sun Devil stadium in AZ against the Redskins and it was like 100+ degrees. Way too hot to sit in the sun.
I had the pleasure of attending Wimbledon for two days in 2015. We had Court One tickets on both days. On the first day, we had terrific seats, just offset from mid-court and (IIRC) in the eighth row. It just happened to be the hottest single day in Wimbledon history, with temps peaking about 96F. As cool as the experience was, it also kind of sucked because we were in full sun all day. The second day our seats were not nearly as good, but we were far enough back that we were in the shade of the overhang for most of the afternoon. Much better.
Old 01-22-22, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
NFL will stop daily testing of unvaxxed players and test only if they have symptoms. Cue cries of “NFL admits vax is useless, and we unvaxxed stood up to them and won!” and “NFL didn’t dare lose Aaron Rodgers on the eve of the Super Bowl.” I wouldn’t rule out the latter myself.
Rodgers would be the most conspicuous example, but even if the Bills lost Cole Beasley in the Superbowl due to a Covid test it would be a pretty huge story.
Old 01-22-22, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I expect the Titans will do better, but their first four plays have been pretty rough.

Tannehill INT, Henry 2 yard gain, Henry 2 yard loss, Tannehill 7 yard sack, punt.

Not that the Bengals are doing much better, but at least they got a first down and a FG after that INT. Titans QB rush is formidable. Looks like a defensive struggle may be unfolding... Anyone take the under?
Old 01-22-22, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 612 Likes on 437 Posts

I had the pleasure of attending Wimbledon for two days in 2015. We had Court One tickets on both days. On the first day, we had terrific seats, just offset from mid-court and (IIRC) in the eighth row. It just happened to be the hottest single day in Wimbledon history, with temps peaking about 96F. As cool as the experience was, it also kind of sucked because we were in full sun all day. The second day our seats were not nearly as good, but we were far enough back that we were in the shade of the overhang for most of the afternoon. Much better.
Yeah, I remember some scorchers at the Rogers Cup, Montreal can get pretty damn hot and humid in August. I'm almost always lucky enough to get free private box tickets, but while you get a great view, the closer to the ground/court you are, the hotter it gets because of the "bowl" design of these show courts. These are definiteky "bring your own water/ice packs/sun block/hat" days.
Old 01-22-22, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Yeah SDS was the worst place to watch NFL games. I have been to a few that were over 100 degrees. The absolute worst.
Old 01-22-22, 04:08 PM

Rodgers would be the most conspicuous example, but even if the Bills lost Cole Beasley in the Superbowl due to a Covid test it would be a pretty huge story.
Losing Cole Beasley or Harrison Butker wouldn't really move the needle (or the line) at all. But losing Aaron Rodgers and starting Jordan Love in a Super Bowl? That would be a nightmare. Make no mistake, that's why this rule was changed.
Old 01-22-22, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Losing Cole Beasley or Harrison Butker wouldn't really move the needle (or the line) at all. But losing Aaron Rodgers and starting Jordan Love in a Super Bowl? That would be a nightmare. Make no mistake, that's why this rule was changed.
Wait. You're saying the NFL changed the rules to benefit a star player, a popular franchise, and their bottom line?

I'm shocked!
Old 01-22-22, 04:24 PM

I don’t even disagree with that decision.
Old 01-22-22, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts

No surprise there hasn’t been any comments for the Bengals and Titans game. This has been a mostly defensive battle.
Old 01-22-22, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 449 Likes on 386 Posts

This is one of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen in the playoffs. How did the Bengals make the playoffs with this offensive line? It's putrid and Burrow is running for his life.

Henry does not look like his old self. He's playing hurt and nowhere near 100%.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.