DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   NFL 2022 Super Wild Card Weekend Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/654590-nfl-2022-super-wild-card-weekend-thread.html)

Decker 01-12-22 04:41 PM

NFL 2022 Super Wild Card Weekend Thread

NFL announces Super Wild Card Weekend schedule

The NFL announced Sunday the schedule of sites, dates, and times for Super Wild Card Weekend on Jan. 15-17.

With the addition of a Monday night game to the 2021 playoffs, Super Wild Card Weekend will now have two Wild Card games on Saturday (4:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. ET), three on Sunday (1:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 8:15 p.m. ET), and one on Monday (8:15 p.m. ET).

SUPER WILD CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, Jan. 15

AFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) No. 5 seed Las Vegas Raiders at No. 4 Cincinnati Bengals (NBC, Peacock, Universo)

AFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) No. 6 New England Patriots at No. 3 Buffalo Bills (CBS, Paramount+)

Sunday, Jan. 16

NFC: 1:00 p.m. (ET) No. 7 Philadelphia Eagles at No. 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (FOX, FOX Deportes)

NFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) No. 6 San Francisco 49ers at No. 3 Dallas Cowboys (CBS, Paramount+, Nickelodeon, Amazon Prime Video)

AFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) No. 7 Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs (NBC, Peacock, Telemundo)

Monday, Jan. 17

NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) No. 5 Arizona Cardinals at No. 4 Los Angeles Rams (ESPN/ABC, ESPN2, ESPN+, ESPN Deportes)

The NFC's top-seeded Green Bay Packers and the AFC's top-seeded Tennessee Titans are on bye.

Coral 01-12-22 05:14 PM

Re: NFL 2022 Super Wild Card Weekend Thread

The Steelers were gonna get crushed regardless of who they played.
The best I can hope for is to lose by no more than 21 points and to take Mahomes out for the rest of the playoffs.

I hope Ben doesn't go out in embarrassing fashion like Marino did on his last game (62-7 loss... 11/25, 95 yards, TD, 2 INT).

Decker 01-12-22 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14039579)
The best I can hope for is to lose by no more than 21 points and to take Mahomes out for the rest of the playoffs.

Yeesh. -ohbfrank-

tommyp007 01-12-22 06:06 PM

Since my team got nowhere near the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Cardinals in the NFC.....and the Bills, Bengals and Titans in the AFC.

DJariya 01-12-22 06:16 PM

Rams sign Eric Weddle out of retirement.

B5Erik 01-12-22 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14039634)
Rams sign Eric Weddle out of retirement.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...967872000?s=21

Jeez, when was the last time he played? Just looked it up - two years ago.

He's 37 and hasn't played in 2 years. He definitely won't be in game shape. That's just a really odd move. Just an emergency backup, maybe?

Decker 01-12-22 06:21 PM

I didn't know you could do that - sign a retired player just for the playoffs. Is that a new Covid thing or has that always been the case?

~~ PAL ~~ 01-12-22 06:28 PM

The Rams are pot committed. With all the the draft capitals they traded away to get to this point, LA getting to the Super Bowl and losing will still be viewed as failure. I myself do not think they would be capable of even getting that far.

DJariya 01-12-22 06:31 PM

Jordan Fuller is out with a season ending injury and that’s apparently why they signed him. But weird they signed a guy two years out of the league. I’m sure they have someone on their practice squad who’s in game shape that could fill the spot. It’s not like Weddle knows the defensive schemes. He played under Wade Phillips defense two years ago. He has to learn a new system.

kenbuzz 01-12-22 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14039579)

Hmmmm..... A Steeler fan hoping for an injury to an opposing star QB. Is Kimo available to suit-up, and which of Mahomes' knees do you want him to take?

Wait... are you actually Tarantebow?!?

Coral 01-12-22 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 14039660)
Hmmmm..... A Steeler fan hoping for an injury to an opposing star QB. Is Kimo available to suit-up, and which of Mahomes' knees do you want him to take?

Wait... are you actually Tarantebow?!?

Part of the game. Don't hate the player/fan, hate the game.

kenbuzz 01-12-22 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ (Post 14039654)
The Rams are pot committed. With all the the draft capitals they traded away to get to this point, LA getting to the Super Bowl and losing will still be viewed as failure. I myself do not think they would be capable of even getting that far.

Dude, I guarantee that the Rams will be at the Super Bowl.

Section 326. Rows 18 and 19.

JeffTheAlpaca 01-12-22 07:52 PM

I hope the Bills win and they don't play like bitches again and let the Patriots run all over them in their home stadium.

Raiders @ Bengals might seem like a mismatch but the Raiders played them tough until they faded near the end.

I know it has no chance in hell happening but I want 49ers vs Raiders in the Super Bowl.

It almost happened in 1990 but Marshall had that illegal hit on Montana and Raiders folded in Buffalo.

JeffTheAlpaca 01-12-22 07:57 PM

The Sun 10am games are over and I can time shift with the dvrs and finally sleep again on Sundays.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...16987f99e3.gif

B5Erik 01-12-22 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14039642)
I didn't know you could do that - sign a retired player just for the playoffs. Is that a new Covid thing or has that always been the case?

I'm not sure.

I know there were teams that lost players late in the season in decades past and they were just screwed. Couldn't add anyone to the playoff roster beyond a certain date.

That always seemed rather unfair. I mean, if your best player goes down in the next to last game of the season, and your backup gets injured a week later, are you really supposed to play in the playoffs without a backup to the one guy left at that position (who's a third string guy to begin with)?

There can't be very many players available as free agents, anyway, so it should be whoever you can get that wasn't on an active roster in the previous week (meaning someone previously cut or retired or on your own practice squad) can play for you in the playoffs. Who wants a team decimated by injuries in the playoffs playing with a 3rd stringer starting and no backups at that position?

That's the way it used to be, but it sounds like that changed.

jfoobar 01-12-22 09:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/pPtuWxg.jpg?1

Decker 01-12-22 10:08 PM

Whoever made that meme has not been to a Las Vegas Raiders game. It's a very different crowd in Vegas than in Oakland or at the Coliseum.

sleepyhead55 01-12-22 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 14039719)
It almost happened in 1990 but Marshall had that illegal hit on Montana and Raiders folded in Buffalo.

LOL, folded. The Raiders got destroyed in that game, something like 41-3.

kenbuzz 01-13-22 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14039797)
Whoever made that meme has not been to a Las Vegas Raiders game. It's a very different crowd in Vegas than in Oakland or at the Coliseum.

True.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c4816b11c0.png

Decker 01-13-22 10:06 PM

Now Raiders players, on the other hand…

Bluelitespecial 01-14-22 07:17 AM

I'm not really buying the whole attitude that's being put out by the Steelers as Big Ben has said "We don't stand a Chance" against the Chiefs.

Shannon Nutt 01-14-22 01:35 PM

It won't happen, but the absolute BEST result this weekend would be for both the Eagles and Steelers to win - then I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs without hearing how great Mahomes and Brady are and not worry about another Super Bowl re-match (which, for me, would be the least-appealing result of these playoffs). :lol:

Sonny Corinthos 01-14-22 03:08 PM

Let's go Raiders! Just win baby!

eXcentris 01-14-22 03:22 PM

Excited to renew the Cowboys vs 49ers rivalry, a rivalry no player will care about because they weren't born. :)

That said, Both teams are healthy and I expect a tough close game. 49ers play smash mouth football, so put on your big boy pants Cowboys. Stop the run = win, but considering the Cowboys very average run defense, I doubt they can completely shut it down. My big worry is Zuerlein, who missed kicks in more than half the games he played...

Decker 01-14-22 03:36 PM

Either it or Bills-Pats should be the Game of the Week. Both are very tantalizing match-ups.