Reload this Page >

Fantasy baseball 2021

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy baseball 2021

Old 02-26-21, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 675 Likes on 484 Posts
Fantasy baseball 2021

Hey guys. After some considering, I'm boing to bow out of running the league and participating. Just too much stuff going on and I didn't feel like I gave it enough attention last season. If someone wants to pick up the reigns, by all means. If you do, though, please post here about it because there is one member that still participates in the league but is not involved here at the site anymore. Thanks
Old 03-03-21, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: Fantasy baseball 2021

Def, I really appreciate your hard work over the years. It was always fun and well run. Best wishes and thank you.
Old 03-03-21, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 822 Likes on 563 Posts

Seems like both leagues were deleted. Still, thanks for the work you put in!
Old 03-03-21, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If I wasn't already running my own league I'd take over for ya. And running one league is all I can manage given the limited free time I have.

Thanks for all your hard work keeping the league going for the past 10+ years, Deftones ! Hopefully someone else can take over so we can keep it going.

Just saw that you deleted the league which sucks because I think you could have just transferred ownership to someone else and it still retain all the settings and teams from the previous season.

Last edited by Setzer; 03-03-21 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-04-21, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
If I wasn't already running my own league I'd take over for ya. And running one league is all I can manage given the limited free time I have.

Thanks for all your hard work keeping the league going for the past 10+ years, Deftones ! Hopefully someone else can take over so we can keep it going.

Just saw that you deleted the league which sucks because I think you could have just transferred ownership to someone else and it still retain all the settings and teams from the previous season.
There ere people in the league who never played. Like auto signed them up and they never participated. It was easier to delete and someone can start fresh. That way they ensure people signing up are going to participate. I can always give someone the settings for either league if they liked the formats. That is no big thing.
Old 03-10-21, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

For some reason the damn thing keeps auto renewing. I am not running it. If someone wants the settings and wants to run it and post details here, more power to you. Sorry if you keep getting emails about the league.
Old 03-10-21, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'd be happy to start a new league if there is interest.
Old 03-18-21, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 163 Likes on 128 Posts

Does anyone know how the $100 Waiver Budget in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball works? The rules page isn't that detailed.

I don't understand how the bidding / budget works in conjunction with the Waiver Priority List. I'm familiar with the priority list rules.

I played Yahoo Fantasy Baseball from 2003-2014, so I haven't seen this feature before. I decided to return to fantasy baseball this year, well because the pandemic sucks and I needed a new hobby
Old 03-20-21, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe how it works is if you are ahead in the waiver priority you get the claim if the bids are the same amount. Otherwise it goes to whoever bid more for the player.

I would join a new league if someone were to start one.
The following users liked this post:
MLBFan24 (03-20-21)
Old 03-23-21, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 163 Likes on 128 Posts

Another thing that has thrown me off during this pre-season is Continuous Waivers (default for Yahoo Public leagues). This wasn't the default back in 2014, so I'm encountering new challenges haha. I see the benefit though, instead of Free Agents.