The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 01-21-21, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Even if he canít wrestle anymore at least heís still the greatest frontman on the planet

I keep forgetting he makes butt rock as well. Its kinda impressive to suck at two things and still make a career out of it.
Old 01-21-21, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 482 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by beavis69 View Post
Chris Jericho has been dog shit since 98. I'm not sure there is a more overrated wrestler.
Disagree. Up to 3 years ago he was a great performer and one of the all-time greats. He joined AEW out of shape and has gotten worse since then. I'm pretty sure Vince wouldn't put him on camera in the shape he's in.
Old 01-21-21, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 128 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Renee Paquette (Renee Young) has a podcast now where she does interviews, mainly AEW talent because her husband is there. I fully expected her to do something else similar to Coachman but I realize she's pregnant and all.

Anyway, one of the things that came up was Eddie Kingston negotiating with both WWE and AEW before finally deciding on the latter. Now there's a guy I just don't think Vince would let get over in WWE, just from looks alone.
I highly doubt WWE even knew who he was. They just sign people just to sign them.
Old 01-21-21, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
I highly doubt WWE even knew who he was. They just sign people just to sign them.
I'm sure HHH at least knew who he was, probably not Vince, though. And I tend to agree that they sign people just to lock them up.

As for Jericho (in-ring), while he is much bigger I give him a sort of pass for being older. He can't go in the ring like he used to but he can still put people over and his mic work, to me, is still top notch.
The following users liked this post:
Obi-Wanma (01-21-21)
Old 01-21-21, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
As we can see by your avatar, you are clearly a Trump supporter and like to live in a world without facts or consequences. The fact is that Jericho made this moronic tweet

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/statu...985733120?s=20

The consequences is that people found receipts of Jericho donating a lot of money to Trump, which makes his point of not being a political person complete horseshit and show how much of a hypocrite he is. Another consequence for his moronic support of a traitor is that people like us don't want him on our TVs anymore, the same way we don't want MyPillows at the stores. If someone has a very shitty opinion and support someone who tried to do a coup on the US, then is our right to push back on it. This isn't something new.
I am a registered Independent, who I support should not matter. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. But keep up with all this new "Unity" across the land.
We are doomed.

Last edited by d2cheer; 01-21-21 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-21-21, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
I am a registered Independent, who I support should not matter. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. But keep up with all this new "Unity" across the land.
We are doomed.
Didn't vote for him then, but it seems you did in 2020. And I'm not playing the unity card at all. Trumpers need to face the accountability for their actions. And Jericho is facing the consequences of what happens when someone goes out of their way to support a traitor and be a hypocritical asshole in the process.
Old 01-21-21, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 515 Likes on 419 Posts

I canít think of many top guys who have let themselves go quite as much as Jericho honestly.

I watched a clip from last nightís Dynamite featuring him in a match, and man he looks awful. For a top performer heís got a total gut and looks like his stomach is about to pop out of his tights.

I get it that staying in shape can be harder as you get older, but be could really use some more work in the gym or something. No wonder he switched back to long tights versus the gear he wore for his return back in 2007 and continued with for quite a while.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-21-21 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-21-21, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I canít think of many top guys who have let themselves go quite as much as Jericho honestly.

I watched a clip from last nightís Dynamite featuring him in a match, and man he looks awful. For a top performer heís got a total gut and looks like his stomach is about to pop out of his tights.

I get it that staying in shape can be harder as you get older, but be could really use some work in the gym or something. No wonder he switched back to long tights versus the gear he wore for his return back in 2007 and continued with for quite a while.
He's a multimillionaire. He can get in shape if he wants to. HBK, Triple H, Sting, Hogan, Flair, Booker T looked 100x much better than Jericho at 50 years old. Man, R-Truth is 49 and looks a million times much better than Jericho. Simply, Jericho stopped giving a shit and Tony Khan or Cody want to antagonize him by telling Chris he needs to get in shape.
Old 01-21-21, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He's a multimillionaire. He can get in shape if he wants to. HBK, Triple H, Sting, Hogan, Flair, Booker T looked 100x much better than Jericho at 50 years old. Man, R-Truth is 49 and looks a million times much better than Jericho. Simply, Jericho stopped giving a shit and Tony Khan or Cody want to antagonize him by telling Chris he needs to get in shape.
Iíve heard part of his problem comes from him thinking heís a rock and roll star and the fact that he enjoys the booze a bit too much. That wouldnít surprise me if itís true because he looks like heís got a beer gut.

All the guys you mentioned I agree stayed in relatively good shape as they aged. Thereís aging and thereís just letting yourself go, and Jericho has done the latter.
Old 01-21-21, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Didn't vote for him then, but it seems you did in 2020. And I'm not playing the unity card at all. Trumpers need to face the accountability for their actions. And Jericho is facing the consequences of what happens when someone goes out of their way to support a traitor and be a hypocritical asshole in the process.
I sure enjoyed watching him piss people like you off for the last 4 years that is for sure. Good luck with the accountability for Trump supporters about half a country.

Oh some will talk a big game now in the end nothing will happen just like nothing happens to the libs.

Old 01-21-21, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 161 Likes on 115 Posts

You laughed at Trump pissing off liberals for 4 years while Russia and China laughed as America destroyed itself from the inside out.
Old 01-21-21, 02:44 PM
Admin

Received 296 Likes on 190 Posts

mod note - Keep the politics out of this forum please.
Old 01-24-21, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Been re-watching some Monday Nitros from 1998 and there's 3 things that stand out

1- WCW's roster at the time was loaded from top to bottom.
2- The booking was atrocious, and the refs didn't help the cause
3- There was no purpose to the nWo Wofpac other than keeping Hogan heel and Nash face because that's the reactions they were getting.

The reason I decided to re-watch these shows is because I listened to a recent 83 weeks podcast and Bischoff once again blames everyone but himself. In one recent podcast, Eric said that he didn't reunite the Hart Foundation in WCW because everyone else was in different programs already. That made 0 sense. Eric could have easily put Bret, Bulldog and Neidhart together, fighting both the nWo and WCW stables like the Four Horsemen. They could have easily had Benoit switch teams and then add someone like Jericho or bring in Lance Storm from ECW. People like to blame Russo for the demise of WCW, but Eric certainly dropped the ball when they had the most talent.

As for the refs, man, with the exception of Mark Curtis and Charles Robinson, everyone else sucked and blew finishes to no end. That made for horrible finishes that lead to bad booking.

Another thing that I found weird was that Macho Man never wrestled Godlberg. Savage was injured by late 1998 but they were at the top at the same time for various periods of 1997, 98, 99 and 2000 and they never crossed path.
Old 01-24-21, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

When did Guerrero ,Benoit and Malenko go to the WWE?
Old 01-24-21, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
When did Guerrero ,Benoit and Malenko go to the WWE?
Think it was like late 2000 or early 2001. Benoit had won the WCW World Championship and they all left for WWF shortly after.
Old 01-24-21, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

According to the record, Jan 31 2000 was when the Radicalz (Perry Saturn was part of that group) debuted on Raw.
Old 01-24-21, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 278 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I’ve heard part of his problem comes from him thinking he’s a rock and roll star and the fact that he enjoys the booze a bit too much. That wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true because he looks like he’s got a beer gut.

All the guys you mentioned I agree stayed in relatively good shape as they aged. There’s aging and there’s just letting yourself go, and Jericho has done the latter.
So much for sticking to the DDP Yoga routine.
Old 01-24-21, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Jericho looks like every 50 year old Luchador who can still do some flippy shit they did at 25-30 but has that old man buddha belly
Old 01-25-21, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is huge

NBCU’s Peacock Pins WWE Network Exclusive U.S. Streaming Rights

Courtesy of WWENBCUniversal’s Peacock soon will be the only place to watch WWE Network in the U.S.

WWE and NBCU reached a multiyear agreement giving Peacock exclusive streaming rights to WWE Network for American viewers. The over-the-top wrestling entertainment service’s existing U.S. subscribers (about 1.1 million in total) will be migrated over to Peacock Premium, where they’ll continue to get access to WWE Network but will pay 50% less per month while getting full access to the version of the Peacock Premium tier with ads.

Peacock will launch WWE Network on March 18, 2021, when Peacock will begin the rollout of more than 17,000 hours of WWE Network new, original, and library programming (both on-demand and on a new 24-hour channel).

The NBCU streamer will have all WWE live events — for no additional charge — including WrestleMania and SummerSlam, with Fastlane the first event to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21. (WWE fans who would prefer to order events via traditional pay-per-view will still have that option.)

WWE Network will be available on Peacock Premium (which includes ads) for $4.99 per month, half the price of WWE Network’s current $9.99/month pricing. The no-commercials Peacock Premium Plus plan, which costs $9.99/month, also will include WWE Network.

The companies plans to share details of how existing WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. will be switched to Peacock (e.g., whether they will be automatically subscribed to Peacock) in the next few weeks. Nothing will change for WWE Network subscribers outside the U.S.

Financial terms of Peacock-WWE Network pact were not disclosed. “We feel great about the financials. Otherwise we wouldn’t have done the deal,” said Nick Khan, WWE’s president and chief revenue officer, who joined the company last August from CAA. “To have WrestleMania in particular — which is our Super Bowl — available [for no extra cost] on Peacock is quite different from other models you’re seeing.”

For Peacock, the WWE Network is “a transformative addition,” said Rick Cordella, Peacock’s EVP and chief revenue officer. “We have a lot of data that shows live events and sports drives a lot of user acquisition,” he said. “The bet is that there exists a much larger total available audience [for WWE programming] than is on WWE Network today.”

NBCU and WWE have been partners for almost 30 years, starting in 1993 with “Monday Night Raw” on USA. “WWE has always tapped into the cultural zeitgeist with spectacular live events and larger-than-life characters, and we are thrilled to be the exclusive home for WWE Network and its millions of fans across the country,” said Cordella.

In the third quarter of 2020, WWE Network had average paid subscribers of 1.6 million, down about 60,000 from the prior quarter but an increase of 6% year over year — marking the service’s first annual growth since Q1 of 2019. The entertainment company originally launched WWE Network in February 2014, when it ended its traditional pay-per-view events business.

Starting in 2022, WWE will produce “one signature documentary annually” for the WWE Network on Peacock. Also available on WWE Network are about 100 hours of original series like “Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions,” “Undertaker: The Last Ride” and the recently premiered “WWE Icons”; in-ring shows like NXT, NXT UK and WWE 205 Live, as well as replays of “Raw” and “SmackDown”; WWE Network archives, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view event in history; and documentaries including “WWE 24,” “WWE Untold” and “WWE 365.”

Peacock, which NBCU launched nationwide in July 2020, attracted nearly 22 million user “sign-ups” in its first six months of wide release, according to the company. Eligible customers of Comcast Xfinity X1 and Flex and Cox’s Contour — a total of about 24 million households — get Peacock Premium included at no additional cost.

Peacock’s content lineup includes a slate of originals, libraries of TV shows — including all episodes of “The Office” and “Yellowstone” — and films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination, and other studios. In addition, the OTT service provides news, sports, late-night, Spanish-language, and reality from across NBCUniversal.

Peacock Premium now offers more than 47,000 hours of programming. NBCU also offers a free, ad-supported version of Peacock with a trimmed-down bucket of content.
Old 01-25-21, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing that stands out on the press release that WWE sent this morning is that in 2020, a year affected by the pandemic, they had record profits. Meanwhile, WWE got rid of approximately 25% of their staff. This is the shit that pisses everyone off. Record profits for a Fortune 500 company = sending people to the unemployment line.
Old 01-25-21, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Well, I let my Network sub lapse sometime last year, and I haven't tried Peacock, so I guess now is the time.
Old 01-25-21, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I know one problem I had with the WWE Network was it only allowed one stream at a time.

Peacock offers three streams at the same time.

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 01-25-21 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-25-21, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have Peacock premium for free so that works
Old 01-25-21, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
I have Peacock premium for free so that works
Is it the same price ($9.99)?
Old 01-25-21, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No I have the $4.99 premium included free with my internet so its not the commercial free one (9.99)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.