Reload this Page >

The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 04-18-21, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 258 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: The 2021 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Tony Khan doesn't have the stomach to cut people. He's like the Michael Scott of wrestling. They have at least 35 wrestlers that should be cut. Guys who shoudn't have a place on a nationally broadcast wrestling show.
Old 04-19-21, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,102 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Tony Khan doesn't have the stomach to cut people. He's like the Michael Scott of wrestling. They have at least 35 wrestlers that should be cut. Guys who shoudn't have a place on a nationally broadcast wrestling show.
I said it before but the thinking is that AEW has employed a lot of these guys to get them (the workers, not AEW) through the pandemic, and they'll be making cuts shortly now that the indies are ramping back up. If so, I applaud that.
The following 2 users liked this post by fujishig:
Dr. DVD (04-19-21), Hazel Motes (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 580 Posts

I watched bits and pieces of RAW last night and man, what a pile of shit. Also, after promoting Orton vs Braun for the whole week, the match was dropped for no reason.

In other news, MLW announced that they'll be on ViceTV with new shows.

The following users liked this post:
Deadman31 (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 159 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I watched bits and pieces of RAW last night and man, what a pile of shit. Also, after promoting Orton vs Braun for the whole week, the match was dropped for no reason.

In other news, MLW announced that they'll be on ViceTV with new shows.

https://youtu.be/3i00TRdP3ys
I was wondering why he had a match against Riddle. Does anyone know why Riddle doesn't wear any type of footwear while wrestling? The germaphobe in me cringes every time I see it.
Old 04-20-21, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 424 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I was wondering why he had a match against Riddle. Does anyone know why Riddle doesn't wear any type of footwear while wrestling? The germaphobe in me cringes every time I see it.
I doubt that it's true, as it sounds made up (and probably lifted from "Mr. Deeds"), but this is what he told Michel Cole when asked about it when he first came up to Smackdown.

"When I was a child, my family took me on vacation to Wisconsin and it just so happened to be winter time and they had this sweet indoor pool. I'd swim in the indoor pool and then I'd go outside and play in the snow. I did this back and forth, back and forth, one day I kinda stayed outside a little too long because when I came back in to go swimming and I put my feet in the water, my feet were on fire. When I told my mom, she said, 'I'm pretty sure you have frostbite, Matt.' We went to the doctor, sure enough, I had frostbite. They were even thinking about amputating the bro's tootsies, the feets, the foots, bro. Bro, luckily, I pulled through and that didn't happen, but that's why I never wear shoes. Whenever I put a pair of shoes on, I get that burning sensation. I never wear shoes, I don't care if it's a wedding, a bar mitzvah, I don't care if I'm hanging out with a bear, I never wear shoes anywhere, bro. Also that day, I learned something, I learned you could lose everything in a moment. Even though I can't feel anything with my feet, my feet allow me to feel everything else that much more,"
I always just assumed it was because of his MMA background.
Sonny Corinthos (04-21-21)
Old 04-20-21, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I doubt that it's true, as it sounds made up (and probably lifted from "Mr. Deeds"), but this is what he told Michel Cole when asked about it when he first came up to Smackdown.

Yeah, I always assumed it was part of his MMA plus a part of his "bro" character just wearing slippers/flip flops all the time.
Old 04-21-21, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It’s going to be a while before she comes back to the company if she ever comes back at all

Old 04-21-21, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, that sounds like horsecrap, but thank you for posting it. I didn't know he had a MMA background.
Old 04-21-21, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Itís going to be a while before she comes back to the company if she ever comes back at all

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1384887402037194761?s=21

If they have a boy this sets the perfect stage for Mania in the year 2049. The son of Becky Lynch vs. the son of Ronda Rousey.
Old 04-22-21, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
If they have a boy this sets the perfect stage for Mania in the year 2049. The son of Becky Lynch vs. the son of Ronda Rousey.
You know Vince wouldn't let that happen without the "half-brother" of Charlotte Flair interfering.
Old 04-22-21, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 424 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
You know Vince wouldn't let that happen without the "half-brother" of Charlotte Flair interfering.
It would be very impressive if they could get David to interfere.
Old 04-22-21, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It would be very impressive if they could get David to interfere.
Is Ric Flair and Lacey Evan's kid really going to be named David too?
Old 04-22-21, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoever did this should never work in the business again. According to Triple H, the person responsible for this has been fired

Old 04-22-21, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maria Kanellis said on Twitter that she received her stuff on a garbage bag too last year when she was released.

Im guessing that the employees fired and demoted are the ones responsible for this shit

SHAKEUP IN WWE TALENT RELATIONS

By [email protected] on 2021-04-22 20:38:00Over the last several days, there has been something of a housecleaning on a corporate level within WWE, PWInsider.com has learned.

Nicole Zeoli, who was the Director of Talent Relations, is no longer with the company. Zeoli had been with the company over 11 years and moved into her role as Director in February 2018.

PWInsider.com is also told that long-time WWE referee John Cone, who had also worked in the Talent Relations Department as a Senior Manager is no longer working for that side of the company. We are told Cone remains with WWE as a referee.

The changes happened over the last 24 hours.

For those who will certainly ask, Mark Carano remains in the Talent Relations department, which is now being overseen by John Laurinaitis.

PWInsider.com is told there may have been other departures as well and we are working to confirm additional information.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...tions.html?p=1
Old 04-22-21, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-22-21, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maria Kanellis said on Twitter that she received her stuff on a garbage bag too last year when she was released.

Im guessing that the employees fired and demoted are the ones responsible for this shit

SHAKEUP IN WWE TALENT RELATIONS

By [email protected] on 2021-04-22 20:38:00Over the last several days, there has been something of a housecleaning on a corporate level within WWE, PWInsider.com has learned.

Nicole Zeoli, who was the Director of Talent Relations, is no longer with the company. Zeoli had been with the company over 11 years and moved into her role as Director in February 2018.

PWInsider.com is also told that long-time WWE referee John Cone, who had also worked in the Talent Relations Department as a Senior Manager is no longer working for that side of the company. We are told Cone remains with WWE as a referee.

The changes happened over the last 24 hours.

For those who will certainly ask, Mark Carano remains in the Talent Relations department, which is now being overseen by John Laurinaitis.

PWInsider.com is told there may have been other departures as well and we are working to confirm additional information.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...tions.html?p=1
Well, the ones blamed for it, at least.
Old 04-23-21, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Well, the ones blamed for it, at least.
Actually, these firings occurred before Mickie James came out and said how her stuff was sent. It appears that the employee getting blamed and fired for this incident is Mark Carrano
Old 04-23-21, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

So I guess instead of garbage bags, they should of wrapped things up in Saran wrap?

And I wonder what was in the bag? It's not like Mickey James had a desk.
Old 04-23-21, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
So I guess instead of garbage bags, they should of wrapped things up in Saran wrap?

And I wonder what was in the bag? It's not like Mickey James had a desk.
No, they could have send the belongings in boxes like normal human beings do. Or they could easily use a duffel bag to put inside the box. Is not like WWE is going bankrupt and can't afford this.

And all wrestlers have spare equipment, among other things, in travel bags that the WWE takes on the road for the house shows. In addition, due to the pandemic, all wrestlers have tons of clothing, equipment, makeup, etc, in Tampa and in the Performance Center as they were told to keep those belongings there in case they couldn't travel back to their homes due to quarantine issues, or because they were told that they needed to stay in Tampa due to quarantine issues.

From what I've heard, Carano had been doing this for the past 10 years, yet no wrestler had come out publicly and posted this due to fear of not being welcomed back in WWE. Mickie James didn't give 2 fucks and posted it on social media as she knew this is not acceptable behavior by the company or any executive.
Sonny Corinthos (04-23-21)
Old 04-23-21, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, they could have send the belongings in boxes like normal human beings do. Or they could easily use a duffel bag to put inside the box. Is not like WWE is going bankrupt and can't afford this.

And all wrestlers have spare equipment, among other things, in travel bags that the WWE takes on the road for the house shows. In addition, due to the pandemic, all wrestlers have tons of clothing, equipment, makeup, etc, in Tampa and in the Performance Center as they were told to keep those belongings there in case they couldn't travel back to their homes due to quarantine issues, or because they were told that they needed to stay in Tampa due to quarantine issues.

From what I've heard, Carano had been doing this for the past 10 years, yet no wrestler had come out publicly and posted this due to fear of not being welcomed back in WWE. Mickie James didn't give 2 fucks and posted it on social media as she knew this is not acceptable behavior by the company or any executive.
If you look at the photos, they placed her belongings inside of a garbage bag and then shipped it in a box.

I doubt WWE paid a chauffeur to haul a garbage bag to Mickie James' house and hand deliver it like that.

Would she have been less offended if the bag was plastic see-through instead of a black garbage bag?

Last edited by Ringmaster; 04-23-21 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-23-21, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From watching Total Divas when it aired, Carano acted like a real jerk and an absolute asshole to work for. If he's the one responsible, he needed to go ASAP! You just don't to that to people. Putting some's belongings in a trash bag and mailing them in a box is about as low class as you can get. It wouldn't shock me if WWE brought James back over these actions.
Old 04-23-21, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
From watching Total Divas when it aired, Carano acted like a real jerk and an absolute asshole to work for. If he's the one responsible, he needed to go ASAP! You just don't to that to people. Putting some's belongings in a trash bag and mailing them in a box is about as low class as you can get. It wouldn't shock me if WWE brought James back over these actions.
I just came in to post that. He was a dick on Total Divas. The women hated getting called to his office.
Old 04-23-21, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Really sad that this happened to Mongo

Old 04-23-21, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I admire Mongo. He wasn't the greatest wrestler, but he always got better every single time he stepped into the ring and he has a great personality.
I like his commentary work too. I was surprised he didn't continue doing commentary after he retired.

I hope he gets better.
Old 04-23-21, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 258 Likes on 179 Posts

The documentary "Gleason" about former New Orleans Saints Safety Steve Gleason's battle with ALS is the most heartbreaking, painful, emotionally draining film I've ever seen. And there isn't even a close number 2. I know there has been some progress made with stem cells, but I assume Mongo has already tried that. I just pray for him to find some kind of peace. Terrible news.

In the bad news department, its also been reported that Terry Funk has contracted Covid, but is in stable condition.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.