Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Old 11-20-19, 08:18 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 21,209
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

WEEK 12
Thursday, November 21, 2019
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
Indianapolis at Houston8:20 PMFOX/NFLNRG Stadium
Sunday, November 24, 2019
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
Tampa Bay at Atlanta1:00 PMFOXMercedes-Benz Stadium
Denver at Buffalo1:00 PMCBSNew Era Field
NY Giants at Chicago1:00 PMFOXSoldier Field
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati1:00 PMCBSPaul Brown Stadium
Miami at Cleveland1:00 PMFOXFirstEnergy Stadium
Carolina at New Orleans1:00 PMCBSMercedes-Benz Superdome
Oakland at NY Jets1:00 PMCBSMetLife Stadium
Seattle at Philadelphia1:00 PMFOXLincoln Financial Field
Detroit at Washington1:00 PMFOXFedEx Field
Jacksonville at Tennessee4:05 PMCBSNissan Stadium
Dallas at New England4:25 PMFOXGillette Stadium
Green Bay at San Francisco8:20 PMNBCLevi’s Stadium
Monday, November 25, 2019
TEAMSTIME (ET)TVLOCATION
Baltimore at LA Rams8:15 PMESPNLA Memorial Coliseum

Bye Teams
Kansas City, Minnesota, Arizona, LA Chargers
Old 11-20-19, 08:18 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 21,209
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Week 12 broadcast maps:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=12
Old 11-20-19, 11:27 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 48,564
Received 584 Likes on 345 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Toughest Pick Em Week yet. There are very few games I am confident of.
Old 11-21-19, 03:04 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 14,015
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

One thing we can agree about with Tom Brady.

The 49ers fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.

A strange game to find somebody to root for but since it is not a Super Bowl so I hope the Pats win though I never ever ever want to see this matchup in February!



“I've really not liked the Cowboys since coming out of the womb," he joked Wednesday, as reported by ESPN.

But being who he is, Brady went on to give his usual totally professional answer, expounding on his respect for the organization.

“I've got a lot of respect for those guys. They've had a great winning organization, and a lot of great players in their history," he said. "As a Niners fan, you play the Cowboys, and every time they'd hand off to Emmitt Smith it would be a 5-yard gain and you'd pull your hair out. Throw it up to Michael Irvin, and Troy [Aikman] was such a great player. The defense — Ken Norton and 'Prime Time' [Deion Sanders]. So the history of great players, the tradition."

He gave some love to the current team as well, however, saying this weekend’s game will provide a “challenge.”
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...003239985.html
Old 11-21-19, 03:05 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 14,015
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Maybe the Saints beating the Panthers is a lock?
Old 11-21-19, 06:28 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
3nthebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 558
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Just like we knew she would. Carli is going to give it a go in the NFL. Let's see who bites first. Colts???
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carli...fl-kicking-job
Old 11-21-19, 06:35 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
~~ PAL ~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 3,497
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Bears too. But unless she can cut down on her need of a running start she might not even have the seconds to get the kick off before someone is in her face.
Old 11-21-19, 07:07 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
tommyp007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 5,816
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Maybe the Saints beating the Panthers is a lock?
Probably

However, these are the games that they tend to turn it on and surprise folks.


Nah. Saints by 20.
Old 11-21-19, 07:12 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 34,506
Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Looks like the timing is good for the bye week for the Chiefs. Tyreek's hamstring injury is minor and he's listed as day-to-day. Probably won't miss the Raiders game.
Old 11-21-19, 07:32 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 10,992
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Pats over Cowboys is a mortal lock.
Old 11-21-19, 08:04 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,577
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
One thing we can agree about with Tom Brady.

The 49ers fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.
More like 30 teams fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.

Toughest Pick Em Week yet. There are very few games I am confident of.


Detroit.

That game should set the record low turnstile count at FedEx (and low local TV rating in DC).
Old 11-21-19, 09:24 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
~~ PAL ~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 3,497
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Apparently the cheap seats at the Redskins game is going for like $4 or 5 each on resale sites.
Old 11-21-19, 10:01 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 9,936
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

There is a long article over at the ESPN website about the Chargers and Rams playing in Los Angeles and their fan bases and the new stadium.
Old 11-21-19, 10:41 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 10,992
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
Apparently the cheap seats at the Redskins game is going for like $4 or 5 each on resale sites.
They're paying you $5 to take the seats or you still have to pay to see that shitfest of a game?
Old 11-21-19, 01:53 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 8,539
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.
Old 11-21-19, 03:56 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
atrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 1,022
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.
Yeah, that turned out to be horseshit

Old 11-21-19, 04:16 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,337
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Even IF he did, not an excuse for tackling him the way he did which started the whole thing in the 1st place IMO. That being being said, as I said not 1 hour after the incident happened that Randolph as well should have gotten at least a 1 game suspension as well. Ultimately, at least according to the league he was a "victim" the whole entire time and in no way at fault at all. I know atrium and others feel that way but not me.

I'm in between how atrium feels about this and how Max Kellerman of ESPN felt about the whole thing. On one hand he felt Rudolph should have been suspended(I agree) but that Garrett deserved less of a suspension which I definitely disagree with. "N" word or Rudolph going after him or not after his dirty tackle, Garrett took it too far not to warrant at least the rest of this year.
Old 11-21-19, 04:48 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,300
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games...
Pounchy? Amazing typo. Could easily be his new nickname.
Old 11-21-19, 04:55 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 8,539
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Maurkice Pouncey, sorry I don't follow Steelers games every week.
Old 11-21-19, 04:58 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,300
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
Maurkice Pouncey, sorry I don't follow Steelers games every week.
In light of recent pugilistic events I thought Pounchy was fittting. I wish I had thought of it.
Old 11-21-19, 05:09 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
atrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 1,022
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Even IF he did, not an excuse for tackling him the way he did which started the whole thing in the 1st place IMO. That being being said, as I said not 1 hour after the incident happened that Randolph as well should have gotten at least a 1 game suspension as well. Ultimately, at least according to the league he was a "victim" the whole entire time and in no way at fault at all. I know atrium and others feel that way but not me.

I'm in between how atrium feels about this and how Max Kellerman of ESPN felt about the whole thing. On one hand he felt Rudolph should have been suspended(I agree) but that Garrett deserved less of a suspension which I definitely disagree with. "N" word or Rudolph going after him or not after his dirty tackle, Garrett took it too far not to warrant at least the rest of this year.
I definitely think Rudolph was at fault and deserves some blame for the fight.

The reason I don't think he deserves a suspension is cause if you look at his individual actions, none of them to me really are worthy of a suspension (maybe the helmet tug, but even that seems light). Consider the hypothetical where Rudolph charges Garrett, he's held back by his linemen, and Garrett never hits him over the head with his helmet. Does Rudolph still deserve a suspension for the stuff he did? To me, that would've just been a normal NFL scuffle that goes nowhere and maybe results in a few fines. Rudolph's responsible for what Rudolph chooses to do, he's not responsible for what Garrett chooses to do.

I wouldn't have argued it if the NFL chose to suspend him for a game though. They want to set a precedent, and don't want a repeat occurrence of this. I'm just saying I don't personally see anything Rudolph did that was suspension worthy. And I'm gonna be very happy to see this story die out cause I'm pretty sick of hearing about it.
Old 11-21-19, 05:43 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
~~ PAL ~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 3,497
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
They're paying you $5 to take the seats or you still have to pay to see that shitfest of a game?
I could see some people who might want to go see their team playing the Redskins that week at a discount. But yeah a lot of them would probably rather keep the dough for a value meal or two cups of coffee.
Old 11-21-19, 05:47 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,714
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Originally Posted by atrium View Post
I definitely think Rudolph was at fault and deserves some blame for the fight.

The reason I don't think he deserves a suspension is cause if you look at his individual actions, none of them to me really are worthy of a suspension (maybe the helmet tug, but even that seems light). Consider the hypothetical where Rudolph charges Garrett, he's held back by his linemen, and Garrett never hits him over the head with his helmet. Does Rudolph still deserve a suspension for the stuff he did? To me, that would've just been a normal NFL scuffle that goes nowhere and maybe results in a few fines. Rudolph's responsible for what Rudolph chooses to do, he's not responsible for what Garrett chooses to do.
Spot on. It all started with a dirty tackle, and nothing Rudolph did on it's own merit would warrant a suspension. A fine? Maybe, but not a suspension.
Old 11-21-19, 06:25 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 14,015
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

[Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.
The suspension should also carry over into 2020 and Myles Garrett should miss 10 games so it is full 16 game suspension.

Maybe since he has the time he will look into the personal demons lurking inside that made him use the helmet on another player.

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 11-22-19 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-21-19, 06:27 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 14,015
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Eagles please rise up and beat the Seabags this Sunday!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.