DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/649166-2019-nfl-regular-season-thread-week-12-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-20-19 08:18 PM

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="10"><b>WEEK 12</b></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Thursday, November 21, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Indianapolis at Houston</td><td>8:20 PM</td><td>FOX/NFL</td><td>NRG Stadium</td></tr></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Sunday, November 24, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Tampa Bay at Atlanta</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Mercedes-Benz Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Denver at Buffalo</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>New Era Field</td></tr></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>NY Giants at Chicago</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Soldier Field</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Pittsburgh at Cincinnati</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Paul Brown Stadium</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Miami at Cleveland</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>FirstEnergy Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Carolina at New Orleans</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Mercedes-Benz Superdome</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Oakland at NY Jets</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>MetLife Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Seattle at Philadelphia</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Lincoln Financial Field</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Detroit at Washington</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>FedEx Field</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jacksonville at Tennessee</td><td>4:05 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Nissan Stadium</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Dallas at New England</td><td>4:25 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Gillette Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Green Bay at San Francisco</td><td>8:20 PM</td><td>NBC</td><td>Levi’s Stadium</td></tr></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Monday, November 25, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Baltimore at LA Rams</td><td>8:15 PM</td><td>ESPN</td><td>LA Memorial Coliseum</td></tr></table>
Bye Teams
Kansas City, Minnesota, Arizona, LA Chargers

LorenzoL 11-20-19 08:18 PM

Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 12

Week 12 broadcast maps:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=12

Decker 11-20-19 11:27 PM

Toughest Pick Em Week yet. There are very few games I am confident of.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-21-19 03:04 AM

One thing we can agree about with Tom Brady.

The 49ers fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.

A strange game to find somebody to root for but since it is not a Super Bowl so I hope the Pats win though I never ever ever want to see this matchup in February!

“I've really not liked the Cowboys since coming out of the womb," he joked Wednesday, as reported by ESPN.

But being who he is, Brady went on to give his usual totally professional answer, expounding on his respect for the organization.

“I've got a lot of respect for those guys. They've had a great winning organization, and a lot of great players in their history," he said. "As a Niners fan, you play the Cowboys, and every time they'd hand off to Emmitt Smith it would be a 5-yard gain and you'd pull your hair out. Throw it up to Michael Irvin, and Troy [Aikman] was such a great player. The defense — Ken Norton and 'Prime Time' [Deion Sanders]. So the history of great players, the tradition."

He gave some love to the current team as well, however, saying this weekend’s game will provide a “challenge.”
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...003239985.html

JeffTheAlpaca 11-21-19 03:05 AM

Maybe the Saints beating the Panthers is a lock?

3nthebag 11-21-19 06:28 AM

Just like we knew she would. Carli is going to give it a go in the NFL. Let's see who bites first. Colts???
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/carli...fl-kicking-job

~~ PAL ~~ 11-21-19 06:35 AM

Bears too. But unless she can cut down on her need of a running start she might not even have the seconds to get the kick off before someone is in her face.

tommyp007 11-21-19 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13643728)
Maybe the Saints beating the Panthers is a lock?

Probably :sad:

However, these are the games that they tend to turn it on and surprise folks.

Nah. Saints by 20.

TomOpus 11-21-19 07:12 AM

Looks like the timing is good for the bye week for the Chiefs. Tyreek's hamstring injury is minor and he's listed as day-to-day. Probably won't miss the Raiders game.

Rob V 11-21-19 07:32 AM

Pats over Cowboys is a mortal lock.

Red Dog 11-21-19 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13643726)
One thing we can agree about with Tom Brady.

The 49ers fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.

More like 30 teams fucked it up big time when they did not draft him in 2000.

Toughest Pick Em Week yet. There are very few games I am confident of.

Detroit.

That game should set the record low turnstile count at FedEx (and low local TV rating in DC).

~~ PAL ~~ 11-21-19 09:24 AM

Apparently the cheap seats at the Redskins game is going for like $4 or 5 each on resale sites.

dvd-4-life 11-21-19 10:01 AM

There is a long article over at the ESPN website about the Chargers and Rams playing in Los Angeles and their fan bases and the new stadium.

Rob V 11-21-19 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ (Post 13643816)
Apparently the cheap seats at the Redskins game is going for like $4 or 5 each on resale sites.

They're paying you $5 to take the seats or you still have to pay to see that shitfest of a game?

Bluelitespecial 11-21-19 01:53 PM

Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.

atrium 11-21-19 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13644012)
Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.

Yeah, that turned out to be horseshit

Schloob1 11-21-19 04:16 PM

Even IF he did, not an excuse for tackling him the way he did which started the whole thing in the 1st place IMO. That being being said, as I said not 1 hour after the incident happened that Randolph as well should have gotten at least a 1 game suspension as well. Ultimately, at least according to the league he was a "victim" the whole entire time and in no way at fault at all. I know atrium and others feel that way but not me.

I'm in between how atrium feels about this and how Max Kellerman of ESPN felt about the whole thing. On one hand he felt Rudolph should have been suspended(I agree) but that Garrett deserved less of a suspension which I definitely disagree with. "N" word or Rudolph going after him or not after his dirty tackle, Garrett took it too far not to warrant at least the rest of this year.

Bill Needle 11-21-19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13644012)
Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games...

Pounchy? Amazing typo. Could easily be his new nickname.

Bluelitespecial 11-21-19 04:55 PM

Maurkice Pouncey, sorry I don't follow Steelers games every week.

Bill Needle 11-21-19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13644127)
Maurkice Pouncey, sorry I don't follow Steelers games every week.

In light of recent pugilistic events I thought Pounchy was fittting. I wish I had thought of it. ;)

atrium 11-21-19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 13644108)
Even IF he did, not an excuse for tackling him the way he did which started the whole thing in the 1st place IMO. That being being said, as I said not 1 hour after the incident happened that Randolph as well should have gotten at least a 1 game suspension as well. Ultimately, at least according to the league he was a "victim" the whole entire time and in no way at fault at all. I know atrium and others feel that way but not me.

I'm in between how atrium feels about this and how Max Kellerman of ESPN felt about the whole thing. On one hand he felt Rudolph should have been suspended(I agree) but that Garrett deserved less of a suspension which I definitely disagree with. "N" word or Rudolph going after him or not after his dirty tackle, Garrett took it too far not to warrant at least the rest of this year.

I definitely think Rudolph was at fault and deserves some blame for the fight.

The reason I don't think he deserves a suspension is cause if you look at his individual actions, none of them to me really are worthy of a suspension (maybe the helmet tug, but even that seems light). Consider the hypothetical where Rudolph charges Garrett, he's held back by his linemen, and Garrett never hits him over the head with his helmet. Does Rudolph still deserve a suspension for the stuff he did? To me, that would've just been a normal NFL scuffle that goes nowhere and maybe results in a few fines. Rudolph's responsible for what Rudolph chooses to do, he's not responsible for what Garrett chooses to do.

I wouldn't have argued it if the NFL chose to suspend him for a game though. They want to set a precedent, and don't want a repeat occurrence of this. I'm just saying I don't personally see anything Rudolph did that was suspension worthy. And I'm gonna be very happy to see this story die out cause I'm pretty sick of hearing about it.

~~ PAL ~~ 11-21-19 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13643878)
They're paying you $5 to take the seats or you still have to pay to see that shitfest of a game?

I could see some people who might want to go see their team playing the Redskins that week at a discount. But yeah a lot of them would probably rather keep the dough for a value meal or two cups of coffee. :lol:

B5Erik 11-21-19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by atrium (Post 13644138)
I definitely think Rudolph was at fault and deserves some blame for the fight.

The reason I don't think he deserves a suspension is cause if you look at his individual actions, none of them to me really are worthy of a suspension (maybe the helmet tug, but even that seems light). Consider the hypothetical where Rudolph charges Garrett, he's held back by his linemen, and Garrett never hits him over the head with his helmet. Does Rudolph still deserve a suspension for the stuff he did? To me, that would've just been a normal NFL scuffle that goes nowhere and maybe results in a few fines. Rudolph's responsible for what Rudolph chooses to do, he's not responsible for what Garrett chooses to do.

Spot on. It all started with a dirty tackle, and nothing Rudolph did on it's own merit would warrant a suspension. A fine? Maybe, but not a suspension.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-21-19 06:25 PM

[Maurkice Pounchy's suspension was reduced to two games and Myles Garrett's suspension was upheld according to Adam Schefter on Facebook. Also Myles Garrett accused Mason Roudolph of using the N-word in their brawl at the end of last week's game.
The suspension should also carry over into 2020 and Myles Garrett should miss 10 games so it is full 16 game suspension.

Maybe since he has the time he will look into the personal demons lurking inside that made him use the helmet on another player.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-21-19 06:27 PM

Eagles please rise up and beat the Seabags this Sunday!