DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/649086-2019-college-football-regular-season-thread.html)

Sonny Corinthos 11-10-19 02:31 PM

The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Props to Red Dog, who suggested just one regular season thread instead of a weekly one. The Polls are out and by no one's surprise LSU is the new #1. This is the AP Top ten.

#1. LSU
#2. Ohio St
#3 Clemson
#4. Alabama
#5. Georgia
#6. Oregon
#7. Minnesota
#8. Utah
#9. Penn St
#10. Oklahoma

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

In other news, Arkansas fires Chad Morris after going 4-18 in less than two years with the team. The Razorbacks were 0-14 in the SEC under Morris. Under the terms of his six year contract, Arkansas will be on the hook for $10 million dollars. The Arkansas Athletic department will make monthly payments to Morris through 2023.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ris-4-18-start

Pharoh 11-10-19 06:00 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Once again, Alabama over ranked. Haven't beat anybody yet, played poorly at home, and have a bad defense. Which, by the way, is not a one off. It goes back to last year and is only getting worse. Georgia and Oregon should be ahead of them. I know this isn't the playoff rankings, but can't help but think this legacy opinion is coloring things, including the committee's rankings.

I believe Georgia is one of the 4 best teams in the country, but what happens if they lose to Auburn but beat LSU in title game?

Bill Needle 11-10-19 09:12 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 13637679)
In other news, Arkansas fires Chad Morris after going 4-18 in less than two years with the team. The Razorbacks were 0-14 in the SEC under Morris. Under the terms of his six year contract, Arkansas will be on the hook for $10 million dollars. The Arkansas Athletic department will make monthly payments to Morris through 2023.

This makes their buyout payments one of the five best paid coaches in NCAA football, coming in about where Dabo Swinney was getting paid at Clemson until his extension this year and about where Kirby Smart is at Georgia right now. That's how you win championships.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Arkansas was already paying Brett Bielema his buyout through the end of 2020. Then after paying about $4 million of the $12 million they owed him they stopped and claim he is not living up to the terms of the buyout.

So if you are wondering how they can afford to pay $6.5 million per year in order for two guys not to coach there, the secret is to stiff one of them.

Bill Needle 11-10-19 09:24 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Week 12 broadcast schedule

Red Dog 11-11-19 09:14 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Pharoh (Post 13637756)
Once again, Alabama over ranked. Haven't beat anybody yet, played poorly at home, and have a bad defense. Which, by the way, is not a one off. It goes back to last year and is only getting worse. Georgia and Oregon should be ahead of them. I know this isn't the playoff rankings, but can't help but think this legacy opinion is coloring things, including the committee's rankings.

I believe Georgia is one of the 4 best teams in the country, but what happens if they lose to Auburn but beat LSU in title game?

They barely dropped. They are so over-respected by the pollsters. Same thing happens every year. Pollsters never significantly drop SEC teams when they lose.

Decker 11-11-19 10:14 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
That ranking feels very much like CFP insurance designed to keep them in the top 4 even if they don't get to play in their Conference Championship

Bacon 11-12-19 06:20 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
new top 4
CFP rankings
1 LSU
2 Ohio St
3 Clemson
4 Georgia
the Big 12 is not looking go for a playoff spot
'Minnesota with the biggest jump in the playoff era up 9 spots to 8th

namja 11-15-19 10:52 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Go Aztecs!

This is the most boring MWC game I’ve watched in a long time.
But I used to follow the Aztecs when I lived in San Diego.
So I’ll still watch them when they’re on TV.

Deftones 11-16-19 03:20 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Tua suffered significant hip injury and had to be flown to hospital. Saying it is similar to Bo Jackson's career ending injury. Oooof.

Red Dog 11-16-19 05:08 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Really sucks for Tua.

I won't weep for Bama though.

Decker 11-16-19 06:33 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Oh no, that is terrible :(

Red Dog 11-16-19 06:45 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Nice knowing you, Minny. Though you still got a Rose Bowl shot. Thanks for beating PSU last week.

Meanwhile, UGA almost blew a 21 point lead at Auburn, but hung on.

Bacon 11-16-19 07:36 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Did Oklahoma get the memo about having a game tonight?

Red Dog 11-16-19 07:38 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 13641272)
Did Oklahoma get the memo about having a game tonight?

I don't know.

Baylor needs to blow this thing up for the committee to not "UCF" them. But then they have to play OU again.

Red Dog 11-16-19 09:12 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
LSU can't play D. They got rolled over. They'll make the CFP, but damn.

Bacon 11-16-19 09:38 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Good grief Baylor has done nothing this half
they need a turnover in OU territory to flip the field, maybe then their offense wonít be afraid to take a risk

Red Dog 11-16-19 09:43 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 13641319)
Good grief Baylor has done nothing this half
they need a turnover in OU territory to flip the field, maybe then their offense wonít be afraid to take a risk

Yeah, not good.

sleepyhead55 11-16-19 09:59 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
This is a total collapse by Baylor.

Red Dog 11-16-19 10:13 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Good god, that was an epic collapse. Zero for Baylor in the 2nd half.

Sonny Corinthos 11-20-19 12:21 PM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
The College Football Playoff Rankings came out last night. Here's the top 10.

1. LSU
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Utah
8. Penn St.
9. Oklahoma
10. Minnesota

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2


Sonny Corinthos 11-21-19 04:19 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Week 13 is upon us. It will be interesting to see how #8 Penn St vs #2 Ohio St plays out. If Ohio St loses, there's going to be a log jam of one loss teams the committee will have to sort through.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule


Bacon 11-21-19 07:04 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
the biggest game of the weekend has a kickoff when 3/4 of the country is still in the morning hours?
WTG Big Ten/FOX

Bill Needle 11-21-19 07:25 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 13643736)
Week 13 is upon us. It will be interesting to see how #8 Penn St vs #2 Ohio St plays out. If Ohio St loses, there's going to be a log jam of one loss teams the committee will have to sort through.

Itís hard for me to imagine PSU keeping it close let alone win @OSU after seeing how poorly they played @MN



Red Dog 11-21-19 08:08 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 13643776)
Itís hard for me to imagine PSU keeping it close let alone win @OSU after seeing how poorly they played @MN

Particularly if PSU's WR1 doesn't play.


the biggest game of the weekend has a kickoff when 3/4 of the country is still in the morning hours?
WTG Big Ten/FOX


I love these big games at noon on FOX. Spread them out.

Red Dog 11-21-19 08:20 AM

Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.
 
Congrats to Akron. Didn't win, but got their first cover of the season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.