Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.

Old 11-28-19, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: The 2019 College Football Regular Season Thread.

What a crazy way to lose to your rival. Because some dummy thought it would be cute to act like a dog peeing and the ref standing right over him.

Old 11-29-19, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That 2 vs 3 playoff game should be great and more competitive than the POS game we got last year with ND.
Old 11-29-19, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
What a crazy way to lose to your rival. Because some dummy thought it would be cute to act like a dog peeing and the ref standing right over him.

https://twitter.com/thEMANacho/statu...59775243702272
and it wasn't even original
an OM player did it during a recent game against Mississippi St
Old 11-30-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It's not gonna happen, and I've said this before, but I'm done with Harbaugh. Name another program who considers themselves big time where a coach could lose 5 straight to his biggest rival (3 of them in embarrassing fashion) and keep his job. He can win all the other games he wants, but if he can't win the big one, it doesn't matter.
Old 11-30-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is only hypothetical of course, but if Michigan beats OSU and spoils their CFP chance every single year but also finishes 1-11 at the bottom annually, then Harbaugh gets to keep his job?
Old 11-30-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The SEC is the new B12. No defense. Except for the pick-6.

Minny - Ugh. Got dominated. Would have liked some fresh blood in the B1G title game and Rose.
Old 11-30-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Same olí Goophers.

J/K, they had a good season actually beating all the teams they should beat which is something that hasnít happened for a long time.

That said, order has been restored to the B1G West.
Old 11-30-19, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 712 Likes on 430 Posts

Doink!
Bye bye CFP streak.
Old 11-30-19, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

don't ever bet on Bama if it comes down to a FG
Old 11-30-19, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, the Tide has a final chance to get the ball back, gets flagged for Too Many Men at the punt return formation and thatís the game. Saben is furious
Old 11-30-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Bye bye Bama. Should have had no shot, even had they won this ridiculous game. Thankfully now buried.
Old 11-30-19, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
This is only hypothetical of course, but if Michigan beats OSU and spoils their CFP chance every single year but also finishes 1-11 at the bottom annually, then Harbaugh gets to keep his job?
Of course not, but if you can't even compete with OSU, what good are your other wins? You're never getting out of the east or getting a chance to play for Big Ten Title until you beat OSU. I'm not expecting us to come back and start beating them all the time, but if we could sneak through every now and then the way that MSU, PSU, and even Purdue have, it would make me feel a lot better about where we're headed. When the games aren't even competitive, what are we playing for? Most of the other good teams in the B1G don't get blown out the way that we have the last couple of years.
Old 11-30-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Bye bye Bama. Should have had no shot, even had they won this ridiculous game. Thankfully now buried.
This second loss might not escape the notice of the selection committee and could actually impact Alabama's shot at a playoff spot.
Old 11-30-19, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
This second loss might not escape the notice of the selection committee and could actually impact Alabama's shot at a playoff spot.
SEC still has a decent shot at 2. LSU has no reason to play Burrow for more than a half. I can't see any advantage for LSU winning - either way, they have to play OSU or CLEM.

This is a will LSU "take one for the team" situation for UGA.

Last edited by Red Dog; 11-30-19 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-30-19, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
SEC still has a decent shot at 2. LSU has no reason to play Burrow for more than a half. I can't see any advantage for LSU winning - either way, they have to play OSU or CLEM.

This is a will LSU "take one for the team" situation for UGA.
Yeah I think both LSU and OSU are locks win or lose, so all LSU winning does is knock out Georgia.

If Clemson loses they are out, but they will beat yet another hapless ACC opponent and get in. They managed to go into Championship Weekend having played ONE RANKED OPPONENT (Texas A&M who ended up 7-5). They have played ONE TEAM that finished the season better than 7-5 (8-4 Wake Forest). They played ONE TEAM on the road that has a winning record (7-5 Louisville).

So Dabo Swinney cry me a river. Maybe Wofford and Charlotte don't belong on the schedule of a team with national championship ambitions, especially if you play in the worst of the five Power 5 conferences. A Clemson loss would be great but there is no chance of that.

So I'm pulling for LSU to win and Utah to beat Oregon so hopefully Utah sneaks in.
Old 12-01-19, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Wow, the Tide has a final chance to get the ball back, gets flagged for Too Many Men at the punt return formation and thatís the game. Saban is furious
He was complaining after the game that Auburn's formation was trickery and unfair. Saban complained that he didn't get a chance to do a proper substitution because of the trickery.

The fact is he was outcoached by Gus Malzahn. That play was just one of several, but it was crucial. It ended the game (although the game was almost out of reach by that point).

I couldn't believe it when it happened, and I can't believe what a big baby Saban is being. He got tricked WITHIN THE RULES. Football is part chess, and Malzahn outplayed him in that chess game.
Old 12-01-19, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Oh, by the way, San Diego State dominated BYU tonight.

San Diego State's offense this year is shit, but they still dominated BYU, even though SDSU had to start a backup QB who had never taken a snap in a college game before.

The score was 13-3, but BYU's inability to score and their frustration on the field (and on the sideline) isn't nearly reflected in that score (even though BYU only scored 3 points).

It was a beautiful thing.

It was so nice to finally see SDSU beat UCLA this year, and to also beat BYU in such a dominating fashion? That made up for much of what was a mediocre season (even though the Aztecs finished 9-3 in the regular season).
Old 12-01-19, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I think both LSU and OSU are locks win or lose, so all LSU winning does is knock out Georgia.

If Clemson loses they are out, but they will beat yet another hapless ACC opponent and get in. They managed to go into Championship Weekend having played ONE RANKED OPPONENT (Texas A&M who ended up 7-5). They have played ONE TEAM that finished the season better than 7-5 (8-4 Wake Forest). They played ONE TEAM on the road that has a winning record (7-5 Louisville).

So Dabo Swinney cry me a river. Maybe Wofford and Charlotte don't belong on the schedule of a team with national championship ambitions, especially if you play in the worst of the five Power 5 conferences. A Clemson loss would be great but there is no chance of that.

So I'm pulling for LSU to win and Utah to beat Oregon so hopefully Utah sneaks in.
You must have seen the same rant Dabo went on yesterday defending his team's schedule after beating a hapless South Carolina team. He talks like Clemson are world beaters, but their schedule is laughable, at best.
Old 12-01-19, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk God

If both Utah and OU win, in reasonably the same fashion, I think OU will be rated higher than Utah. They had the better win yesterday and Baylor won too (who will be ahead of Oreson).

What's really interesting is that the order of games is P12 - B12 - SEC. What happens if Utah, OU, and UGA all lose? Baylor gets in?

Old 12-01-19, 07:10 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Of course not, but if you can't even compete with OSU, what good are your other wins? You're never getting out of the east or getting a chance to play for Big Ten Title until you beat OSU. I'm not expecting us to come back and start beating them all the time, but if we could sneak through every now and then the way that MSU, PSU, and even Purdue have, it would make me feel a lot better about where we're headed. When the games aren't even competitive, what are we playing for? Most of the other good teams in the B1G don't get blown out the way that we have the last couple of years.
Michigan has become irrelevant due to their lack of ability to beat OSU. If I were the board then it would be smart to try and find a replacement for Harbaugh. Every year just gets worse than the prior season. Everyone felt that Meyer leaving would give the much needed leg up. It's actually much worse because Day is so laid back that kids want to play for him.
Old 12-01-19, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Utah moves up to 5th, Alabama falls to 9th in the Coaches' poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2
Old 12-01-19, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Utah moves up to 5th, Alabama falls to 9th in the Coaches' poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2
Ridiculous that Alabama is still ahead of Wisconsin and Auburn.
Old 12-02-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It will be interesting to see if OU beats Baylor and Utah beats Oregon next week who jumps up to #4 (assuming LSU wins).
Old 12-02-19, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Holy smokes, Chris Petersen just stepped down from the UW Huskies. The staff has been getting criticized for their play this year, but he’s been killing the recruiting and has had them high in the rankings several times (though clearly still not in the class of the big boys). He was here six seasons and is only 55.
Old 12-02-19, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, that is shocking.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.