DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Sports Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk-31/)
-   -   2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk/649048-2019-nfl-regular-season-thread-week-10-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-06-19 07:00 PM

2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 10

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="10"><b>WEEK 10</b></td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Thursday, November 7, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr>
<tr class="evenrow"><td>LA Chargers at Oakland</td><td>8:20 PM</td><td>FOX/NFL</td><td>RingCentral Coliseum</td></tr></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Sunday, November 10, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Detroit at Chicago</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Soldier Field</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Baltimore at Cincinnati</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Paul Brown Stadium</td></tr></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Buffalo at Cleveland</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>FirstEnergy Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Kansas City at Tennessee</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Nissan Stadium</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Atlanta at New Orleans</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Mercedes-Benz Superdome</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>NY Giants at NY Jets</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>MetLife Stadium</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Arizona at Tampa Bay</td><td>1:00 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Raymond James Stadium</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Miami at Indianapolis</td><td>4:05 PM</td><td>CBS</td><td>Lucas Oil Stadium</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Carolina at Green Bay</td><td>4:25 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Lambeau Field</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>LA Rams at Pittsburgh</td><td>4:25 PM</td><td>FOX</td><td>Heinz Field</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Minnesota at Dallas</td><td>8:20 PM</td><td>NBC</td><td>AT&T Stadium</td></tr></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7"><b>Monday, November 11, 2019</b></td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>TEAMS</td><td>TIME (ET)</td><td>TV</td><td>LOCATION</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Seattle at San Francisco</td><td>8:15 PM</td><td>ESPN</td><td>Leviís Stadium</td></tr></table>
Bye Teams
Denver, New England, Washington, Houston, Philadelphia, Jacksonville

LorenzoL 11-06-19 07:00 PM

Re: 2019 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 10

Week 10 Broadcast maps:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=10

Decker 11-06-19 08:26 PM

I suggest any living 72 Dolphins players break out the ice bucket and start chilling the bubbly on Monday afternoon

Rarely has there been a harder game to predict than this Thursday Night game. Raiders and Chargers have been so Jekyll and Hyde this season . You never know what team is going to show up on a given day. What is the line?

Bluelitespecial 11-06-19 10:13 PM

I'm actually planning to watch the Chargers/Raiders Thursday Night game this week. Andy Reid hasn't decided if Mahomes will be back this week for the Titans game.

Bluelitespecial 11-06-19 10:22 PM

Also the Giants vs. Jets might as well be called the Tank Bowl.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-07-19 03:12 AM

It is asking too much for the Raiders to win twice in one week.

If the Raiders lose this is probably another lost season.

Their offense is not that bad but the defense sucks.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-07-19 03:14 AM

Surprised Buck and Aikman are not doing Rams @ Steelers but Panthers @ Green Bay instead.

Rams @ Steelers would have been a epic game if it happened in 2018.

I have a feeling the Vikings will win in Dallas. The Cowboys had a short week and they were sloppy and escaped with a win in New York and got by since the Giants suck.

DJariya 11-07-19 06:58 PM

https://awfulannouncing.com/fox/cris...ox-sports.html

FOX Sports cans Cris Carter. No official reason given.

Apparently it's a pretty serious issue according to the NY Post.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/07/cris-c...rious-dispute/

For those who don't watch FS1, he was the co-host of an NY based daily show.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-07-19 07:09 PM

Maybe he just became the latest casualty of MeToo

DJariya 11-07-19 07:19 PM

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/1...is-season-2019

Brandin Cooks is hoping to come back and play for the Rams again this season.

But, he's had 2 concussions this season.

I think the Rams have enough depth at WR that they don't need him to come back right away. He's only 26 and needs to look out for his mental health. I would hate to see him develop CTE or Alzheimer's at an early age.

lwhy? 11-07-19 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13636630)
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/1...is-season-2019

Brandin Cooks is hoping to come back and play for the Rams again this season.

But, he's had 2 concussions this season.

I think the Rams have enough depth at WR that they don't need him to come back right away. He's only 26 and needs to look out for his mental health. I would hate to see him develop CTE or Alzheimer's at an early age.

Sterling Shepherd has had two this season. He was fine for three weeks and he started getting concussion symptoms again. He might never play football again.

JeffTheAlpaca 11-08-19 02:52 AM

That was a good game for the primetime finale in Oakland.

Jacobs scored at the end. I thought the Raiders would blow that game since the Chargers recovered after a shaky start.

The Raiders must be rooting for Trubisky to keep his job so that Bears pick can be a top 10 pick and their 2nd half schedule is filled with cupcakes so they could be a playoff contender if they play better on defense and get a high draft pick.

~~ PAL ~~ 11-08-19 03:28 AM

Trubisky should continue to play as long as he stays healthy, because Matt "I am not an idiot" Nagy will probably still have head up his ass for the duration of the season. Regardless, the Bears pick should end up being a better one than the Raiders' own.

3nthebag 11-08-19 07:08 AM

Wonder if the Bills D shows up to stuff Chubb & Hunt and then punch the Baker in the mouth?
That would have the RALPH rockin' big time!

Red Dog 11-08-19 07:59 AM

I think that was the worst "2 minute drill" ever by Rivers and the Chargers last night. 8 straight incompletions.

Decker 11-08-19 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 13636788)
I think that was the worst "2 minute drill" ever by Rivers and the Chargers last night. 8 straight incompletions.

A thing of beauty. Fifteen years in and nothing I like in football better than a pissed off Phillip Rivers face.
He is really having a bad year. Wonder if he is almost done.

Paff 11-08-19 09:44 AM

Especially since the Raiders basically gifted the Chargers a win due to the missed extra point.

If you can't move it into field goal range with a minute on the clock, three timeouts, and the defense playing back a little to guard against the big play, you're not a top team.

eXcentris 11-08-19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13636197)
Surprised Buck and Aikman are not doing Rams @ Steelers but Panthers @ Green Bay instead.

Rams @ Steelers would have been a epic game if it happened in 2018.

I have a feeling the Vikings will win in Dallas. The Cowboys had a short week and they were sloppy and escaped with a win in New York and got by since the Giants suck.

Not only does Kirk Cousins shrink into mediocrity under the lights in primetime, he also sucks against the Cowboys, and the game is in Dallas. Ask Red dog. ;)

dvd-4-life 11-08-19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 13636839)
Especially since the Raiders basically gifted the Chargers a win due to the missed extra point.

If you can't move it into field goal range with a minute on the clock, three timeouts, and the defense playing back a little to guard against the big play, you're not a top team.

I still can't believe the Raiders called time out with about 1 minute 20 seconds remaining and they could have taken another 40 seconds off the clock but then they scored quickly giving Rivers plenty of time for positioning for a FG.

That's two weeks in a row the Raiders called an idiotic timeout late in the game(against Detroit last Sunday when the Lions had no timeouts on offense with 10 seconds remaining).

Paff 11-08-19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 13636915)
I still can't believe the Raiders called time out with about 1 minute 20 seconds remaining and they could have taken another 40 seconds off the clock but then they scored quickly giving Rivers plenty of time for positioning for a FG.

That's two weeks in a row the Raiders called an idiotic timeout late in the game(against Detroit last Sunday when the Lions had no timeouts on offense with 10 seconds remaining).

Yes and no. I don't think the Raiders were expecting to score on that play, and they wanted the right call. Get the first down and THEN let the clock run down, take 4 shots into the end zone. Very possible the Chargers just laid down on the play anyway, to give Rivers the chance to (presumably) tie it up.

Bluelitespecial 11-08-19 01:10 PM

Mahomes is playing on Sunday. I'm hearing it from Andy Reid's press conference on the radio right now.

Red Dog 11-08-19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by eXcentris (Post 13636885)
Not only does Kirk Cousins shrink into mediocrity under the lights in primetime, he also sucks against the Cowboys, and the game is in Dallas. Ask Red dog. ;)

Sure. Not so much primetime, but his record vs. winning teams, particularly on the road: 0-7-1. Theilen being out doesn't help. Have to worry about that OL too considering KC was all over MIN last week (though he played very well considering that).

Seems like a tailor-made matchup for DAL. DAL -3 seems like a gift. The bettors (the Sunday get-out game & DAL & only a FG to give) will be all over that. That's never good.

PhantomStranger 11-08-19 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13636809)
A thing of beauty. Fifteen years in and nothing I like in football better than a pissed off Phillip Rivers face.
He is really having a bad year. Wonder if he is almost done.

The Chargers have gifted him one of the league's worst offensive lines, which is insane considering his age and lack of mobility. They had two rookie offensive linemen coming off the practice squad starting in that game.

Rivers would still be a very serviceable QB on a team like the Chiefs. The Chargers are quickly becoming a dumpster fire.

Decker 11-08-19 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13636968)
Mahomes is playing on Sunday. I'm hearing it from Andy Reid's press conference on the radio right now.

Wow. I sincerely hope he really is 100% healed. Seems stupid to risk him in a game against Tennessee with a 2 game lead in the division. I was fine with him coming back after the bye and missing 2 more weeks. But I guess his knee looked pretty good last week :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes got right in the middle of the victory celebration 😅 <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes</a> <a href="https://t.co/FoRaNabt8Z">pic.twitter.com/FoRaNabt8Z</a></p>&mdash; The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) <a href="https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1191100641738756096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JeffTheAlpaca 11-08-19 06:04 PM

Rivers should join the Bears.

Bears @ Rams the week 11 game on SNF should be flexed out of primetime.