Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2019

Old 09-06-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2019

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Glad I benched David Montgomery and now I am concerned if he is startable since he barely got any carries.
I have him in two leagues and benched him as well, although I wasn't planning on using him as more than a FLEX option. I also picked up Cohen in one of those leagues since we get points for return yardage and he was used in that capacity last year, but Cohen would have been the better start regardless.
Old 09-06-19, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I started Montgomery and got a combined eight points from him and Davante Adams. I’d like to think he’ll get more action as he looked good on the few carries and catch I saw, but I’m concerned that Mike Davis will be like he was in Seattle last year, a vulture who keeps everyone from being useful. We’ll see.

In general it’s tricky to rely on a guy in his first game. I lucked out with Kareem Hunt a couple years ago but am hoping to avoid Miles Sanders in my two leagues where I have him. With Montgomery I could’ve used James White (along with Michel) or Curtis Samuel, but they have risks too.
Old 09-06-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I started Montgomery and got a combined eight points from him and Davante Adams. I’d like to think he’ll get more action as he looked good on the few carries and catch I saw, but I’m concerned that Mike Davis will be like he was in Seattle last year, a vulture who keeps everyone from being useful. We’ll see.

In general it’s tricky to rely on a guy in his first game. I lucked out with Kareem Hunt a couple years ago but am hoping to avoid Miles Sanders in my two leagues where I have him. With Montgomery I could’ve used James White (along with Michel) or Curtis Samuel, but they have risks too.
I started Montgomery in two leagues.... I also started Rodgers. I should have benched both of them. I thought Montgomery looked good, but he's in a three headed monster rotation at running back.
Old 09-06-19, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lets hope Josh Jacobs is not in the same situation though the Raiders don't have a Tarik Cohen to mess things up.
Old 09-06-19, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lets hope Josh Jacobs is not in the same situation though the Raiders don't have a Tarik Cohen to mess things up.
However, it's the Raiders...

I'm forced to start Jacobs because I have no idea how to draft, so I'm hoping he at least gets some run.
Old 09-06-19, 08:32 PM

I have Antonio Brown in one league. I'm starting him at flex right now. I also have Darren Waller. If anything happens and AB doesn't play on Monday, I'll swap him and Waller out.
Old 09-06-19, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I started Montgomery in two leagues.... I also started Rodgers. I should have benched both of them. I thought Montgomery looked good, but he's in a three headed monster rotation at running back.
Would you really have benched Rodgers, though, even against the Bears? I guess you could have a backup with a good matchup like Jameis or Dak.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I have no idea how to draft
Old 09-06-19, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post

Would you really have benched Rodgers, though, even against the Bears? I guess you could have a backup with a good matchup like Jameis or Dak.

I have Rivers as my backup to Rodgers. If Rivers throws for 200 yds and 2 TDs, he will outscore Rodgers....
Old 09-07-19, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I benched Rodgers in favor of Kyler Murray
Old 09-07-19, 11:55 AM

I was offered Dalvin Cook and Chris Godwin in exchange for DeAndre Hopkins and Rashad Penny in my auction league yesterday. I almost accepted it. My RB 2 is really weak in that league, but I only have Hopkins, Edelman, Anderson, and Corey Davis at WR. Should I have taken the deal?
Old 09-07-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have found the secret benefit to autodrafting and being a terrible drafter in the first place.

When you go into a draft with a plan, you probably like the majority of your picks, and even your bench are filled with guys you consider sleepers. You think long and hard before you go to the waiver wire for the "hot" pickup.

The dude that sucks at drafting has no problem dropping someone. He doesn't care that he got drafted in the 4th round. He has no attachment to the players. He'll read a fantasy article and pick up the guy who blows up in week 1 with zero hesitation, and that can mean everything.

However, to get a guy who sucks at drafting and pays attention is tough, so you rarely see that unicorn.
Old 09-07-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk God

I was offered Dalvin Cook and Chris Godwin in exchange for DeAndre Hopkins and Rashad Penny in my auction league yesterday. I almost accepted it. My RB 2 is really weak in that league, but I only have Hopkins, Edelman, Anderson, and Corey Davis at WR. Should I have taken the deal?
Hmmm, I could see arguments for both taking and not taking this deal.

This ranks it almost even, with slight edge to Hopkins side of deal: https://www.fantasysp.com/trade/nfl/...ny-cook-godwin
Old 09-07-19, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I have found the secret benefit to autodrafting and being a terrible drafter in the first place.

When you go into a draft with a plan, you probably like the majority of your picks, and even your bench are filled with guys you consider sleepers. You think long and hard before you go to the waiver wire for the "hot" pickup.

The dude that sucks at drafting has no problem dropping someone. He doesn't care that he got drafted in the 4th round. He has no attachment to the players. He'll read a fantasy article and pick up the guy who blows up in week 1 with zero hesitation, and that can mean everything.

However, to get a guy who sucks at drafting and pays attention is tough, so you rarely see that unicorn.
There is absolutely value in having a player or two at the end of your bench who you can drop without a second thought. I have Malcolm Brown in a couple leagues, and if Gurley explodes out of the gate in week 1, Browníll be useless, but Iíll wonder how long Gurley can hold up.

That said, last year I had the top waiver position and had no choice but to take James Conner. Iím not sure if it was the same week, but I know that I dropped Calvin Ridley early on, before his three-TD game.
Old 09-07-19, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This AB signing is probably going to drop Edelman and Gordons fantasy value.

If you wanted to draft a QB and got Brady you got a bargain unless the O line can't block.
Old 09-09-19, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Benched Ekeler for Breida and lost
Old 09-09-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Benched Ekeler for Breida and lost
I can honestly say that would have never occurred to me. On the bright side, Breida should get more action now that Coleman will be out for a bit.

It looks like I'm going 2-2 this week. Benching Watkins didn't matter in one of the wins and one of the losses, but it might be the difference in the other loss (depending on what happens tonight).
Old 09-09-19, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm still conflicted on whether to start Lamar Jackson next week. For many, he was probably drafted as a QB2. He feasted on the Dolphins but I kind of expect everyone to feast on the Dolphins (like I hope I'm not facing any Patriots in week 2). Of course, he's facing the Cards next week, so he'll probably keep it up.
Old 09-09-19, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have Rivers as my backup to Rodgers. If Rivers throws for 200 yds and 2 TDs, he will outscore Rodgers....
I think youíre gonna pull out the win against me this week. Unless Brees goes off and the Saints D does something. Iím kicking myself for not out bidding you on the Rams D. I might be interested in dealing with you after this week though. Hit me up with what your needs are.
Old 09-09-19, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I think youíre gonna pull out the win against me this week. Unless Brees goes off and the Saints D does something. Iím kicking myself for not out bidding you on the Rams D. I might be interested in dealing with you after this week though. Hit me up with what your needs are.
I think you'll probably pull out the win. I'm mad at myself for not starting Rivers and Delanie Walker.
Old 09-09-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, that wouldíve been the right move as it turned out. My opponent DID bench Rodgers, but it was for JimmyGQ. He still won, though.
Old 09-09-19, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you'll probably pull out the win. I'm mad at myself for not starting Rivers and Delanie Walker.
I should have started Gallup. But between Hopkins and Kamara, you got this. I might be interested in Walker.
Old 09-09-19, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I should have drafted Mack in some leagues.

I thought he and the rest of his Colts teammates would be be completely useless with Luck gone.
Old 09-09-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I took Mack as my top RB in one league where I went WR-WR, and it’s looking good for one week... except that one of the WRs was Tyreek Hill.

Fortunately I swapped out Jameis for Dak on Sunday morning. ESPN had them both top 5, but another ranking had Winston at 20 so I made the switch. I still don’t trust either but this was one of the drafts where I waited too long on QB.
Old 09-09-19, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jameis was like the "sleeper" QB pick for this week of most fantasy "experts." Oh well. He and Matt Ryan not only torpedoed themselves, but all of their weapons as well.
Old 09-09-19, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I should have started Gallup. But between Hopkins and Kamara, you got this. I might be interested in Walker.
I don't want to give up Walker since he's a Titan and a personal favorite player of mine. I'd be up for trading O.J. Howard though.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.