Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 07-30-19, 06:18 AM

It never ends, does it. Can't believe the season(s) start(s) so soon.

Can Liverpool overtake Citeh to win the Prem? Can anyone overtake Juve/Bayern/PSG? Will The Falangists implode due to the Bale/Zidane feud? What will happen with Neymar? And most importantly, will Bradford City win promotion back to League One or will they continue their free fall?

Anyone interested in a fantasy league?
Old 07-30-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Not that this is big news for anyone else here, but my actual team Notts County, almost weren't a team any longer. Relegated out of league football for the first time in our history after finishing 2nd last in League Two last season. Unable to pay the wages and an owner making false promises, it was looking bleak.

In stepped a couple of Danish lads who bought the club and we have life again!

Only downside for me is that iFollow doesn't offer live video of matches for non league football. But, hard to feel down given that things could have been so much worse.

Hopefully we can get back to the League one day.
Old 07-30-19, 12:49 PM

Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

As a Bantam, all I can say is, be careful in putting too much hope that a pair of Northern European businessmen buying your club is a good thing.

At least we're not Bury supporters, eh?
Old 08-01-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
As a Bantam, all I can say is, be careful in putting too much hope that a pair of Northern European businessmen buying your club is a good thing.

At least we're not Bury supporters, eh?
Yeah, not looking good there.
Old 08-02-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

​Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Leicester City defender Harry Maguire, after the two clubs settled on a fee of £85m on Friday morning.

I know a lot of Leicester supporters and they are quite happy about this. They do love big 'arry, but that money for him is nuts.
Old 08-02-19, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
​Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Leicester City defender Harry Maguire, after the two clubs settled on a fee of £85m on Friday morning.

I know a lot of Leicester supporters and they are quite happy about this. They do love big 'arry, but that money for him is nuts.
Was just coming here to post exactly that. I mean, I guess there's a chance he's better than Virgil van Dijk.
Old 08-02-19, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was just coming here to post exactly that. I mean, I guess there's a chance he's better than Virgil van Dijk.
Yeah
Old 08-02-19, 02:59 PM

Anyone else getting excited?

Old 08-04-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Yeah
holy shit - that’s a lot of money for that lug.
Old 08-04-19, 06:16 PM

Guardiola says buying Maguire makes United title contenders. I'm not sure he's being serious.

The Charity Shield today showed that City and 'Pool will probably make the Prem a two-horse race again. I've read some pundits saying Liverpool can't keep up with City like they did last season but I'm not so sure. They are probably the two best teams in Europe right now.
Old 08-05-19, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Guardiola says buying Maguire makes United title contenders. I'm not sure he's being serious.
I'll take "Things Pep says" for 500 Alex!
Old 08-05-19, 01:02 PM

What I really want to know is what he says to opposing players after the matches. It's borderline creepy or OCD.
Old 08-09-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to the kickoff today.

Don't think we'll see a repeat of this:

Old 08-10-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Man City starts the season with a convincing win against the Hammers. Diop looked like a pylon against Man City attack.
Old 08-10-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Great first half yesterday afternoon, but a very underwhelming second half.

Citeh showed once again this morning that Klopp and Co. cannot afford to take their foot off the gas pedal.

and Sheffield United just tied it up with a few minutes left on the clock at Bournemouth!
Old 08-10-19, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can't even watch the Premier League anymore because it's now on DAZN only, and I ain't paying $20/month just for that. I guess I'll just be... ermm... streaming once in a while.
Old 08-10-19, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Can't even watch the Premier League anymore because it's now on DAZN only, and I ain't paying $20/month just for that. I guess I'll just be... ermm... streaming once in a while.
I’m surprised that you are not a subscriber because of the Sunday Ticket package and Red Zone. How do you watch your Cowboys?
Old 08-10-19, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I’m surprised that you are not a subscriber because of the Sunday Ticket package and Red Zone. How do you watch your Cowboys?
On FOX/CBS. Most cowboys games are televised nationally (including 5-6 prime time games). I think I only missed 2 out of 16 last year. You forget how popular the Cowboys are.

I might get the DAZN free 1 month trial, and see how that goes.
Old 08-10-19, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I signed up for Dazn. Weird that it's gone this way again. Many years ago I had to subscribe to Setanta just to see PL matches. I guess we were lucky to have such great coverage since then between TSN and Sportsnet.

Was nice to put Dazn on this morning at 7:30 and be able to watch the Leeds/Forest match from Championship. Then full choice of the PL matches.

I certainly wasn't going to be chasing down links to watch the games. Couple main sites had to remove all PL coverage and last season Champions League had already moved to Dazn.

Happy with it so far and getting closer and closer to getting rid of cable!
Old 08-11-19, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pulisic named to the bench. Lame.

he is used to playing in a big and loud stadium - throw him to the wolves at Yanited.
Old 08-11-19, 10:50 AM

Klopp’s latest comment on Allison injury... He hopes Allison will be out weeks rather than months.
Doesnt sound good.

BTW, where is The Wednesday Super Cup match from Turkey being televised?
Old 08-11-19, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pbrstreetgang View Post
klopp’s latest comment on allison injury... He hopes allison will be out weeks rather than months.
Doesnt sound good.

Btw, where is the wednesday super cup match from turkey being televised?
tnt
Old 08-11-19, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I might get the DAZN free 1 month trial, and see how that goes.
Looking pretty good so far!
Old 08-11-19, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking pretty good so far!
Wait until the NFL season starts, you’ll get spoiled with all of the available games and RedZone.
Old 08-17-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Barcelona loaning Coutinho to Bayern for the season:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...year-loan-deal

ouch.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.