Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Old 10-06-19, 08:00 AM
  #76  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 09:06 AM
  #77  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

First time all season that Citeh didn’t score in the first half. Wolves had a few good chances themselves to take the lead.
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 09:57 AM
  #78  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Wow. Wolves score two after the hour mark - including one in the last minute - and shutout Citeh in Manchester
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 10:25 AM
  #79  
DVD Talk Legend
 
astrochimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 17,803
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Not totally sure, but I think this is the earliest a team has ever clinched the league.
astrochimp is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 10:51 AM
  #80  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Coastal SC
Posts: 154
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Can Liverpool win the EPL this season and then go on to take The CL again?
pbrstreetgang is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 11:02 AM
  #81  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Coastal SC
Posts: 154
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
Wow. Wolves score two after the hour mark - including one in the last minute - and shutout Citeh in Manchester
Yeah and both by Traoré. Who saw that coming?*
pbrstreetgang is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 11:11 AM
  #82  
DVD Talk Legend
 
astrochimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 17,803
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by pbrstreetgang View Post


Yeah and both by Traoré. Who saw that coming?*
No one ever
astrochimp is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 12:18 PM
  #83  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: America!
Posts: 33,921
Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Poor Pep. If only he had the money to buy a new centre back when he knew Kompany was leaving.
wendersfan is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 12:53 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Not totally sure, but I think this is the earliest a team has ever clinched the league.
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 12:57 PM
  #85  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: America!
Posts: 33,921
Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by pbrstreetgang View Post
Can Liverpool win the EPL this season and then go on to take The CL again?
It would be most humorous if Liverpool won the PL and Man Citeh won Big Cup. Then Pep could go on to coach the Qatari national team or whatever.
wendersfan is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 01:44 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
It would be most humorous if Liverpool won the PL and Man Citeh won Big Cup. Then Pep could go on to coach the Qatari national team or whatever.
I think it would be most fitting if he never won the CL without Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.

I would just like to see him take a challenging job. Bring a former top level club back to prominence (Kaiserslautern!) or win with a club that has never won in the modern era.
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 01:50 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Poor Pep. If only he had the money to buy a new centre back when he knew Kompany was leaving.
Otamendi on that first goal. Woof.
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 02:06 PM
  #88  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: America!
Posts: 33,921
Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post

I think it would be most fitting if he never won the CL without Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.

Or Pedro!

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
I would just like to see him take a challenging job. Bring a former top level club back to prominence (Kaiserslautern!) or win with a club that has never won in the modern era.
I agree. Personally, I love the guy. I idolized him as a player and he's a monumental coach. But I just don't think a team like that could afford him. Maybe he could take it on as a charity project, given that he's probably richer than Croesus at this point, but I honestly think he's too high strung and too much of a perfectionist to coach players who aren't at least as good as he was. And he was very, very good.
wendersfan is offline  
Old 10-06-19, 11:06 PM
  #89  
DVD Talk Legend
 
astrochimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 17,803
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post

I knew you'd like that BA
astrochimp is offline  
Old 10-08-19, 09:05 AM
  #90  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Or Pedro!


I agree. Personally, I love the guy. I idolized him as a player and he's a monumental coach. But I just don't think a team like that could afford him. Maybe he could take it on as a charity project, given that he's probably richer than Croesus at this point, but I honestly think he's too high strung and too much of a perfectionist to coach players who aren't at least as good as he was. And he was very, very good.
I didn't mean to forget Busquets, too.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/spain-es...anted-by-spain
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-08-19, 01:56 PM
  #91  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Palm Springs and Los Angeles
Posts: 21,740
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Was in Munich this weekend drinking at Oktoberfest - did I miss anything?
BDB is offline  
Old 10-09-19, 10:16 AM
  #92  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
wendersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: America!
Posts: 33,921
Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Was in Munich this weekend drinking at Oktoberfest - did I miss anything?
Crisis at ______________ !
wendersfan is offline  
Old 10-11-19, 10:11 AM
  #93  
DVD Talk Legend
 
astrochimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 17,803
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

When the big story in football is that of two footballer's wives, you know it must be the international break.
astrochimp is offline  
Old 10-20-19, 09:46 AM
  #94  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Becker is back in the line-up!

but Salah is out.
B.A. is offline  
Old 10-20-19, 09:50 AM
  #95  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
When the big story in football is that of two footballer's wives, you know it must be the international break.
ha. I don’t even pay attention anymore during the ridiculous amount of international breaks.


Watching the Cologne/Paderborn game while I wait, and I can’t recall seeing a field in a top flight league with such non-existent lines in the grass. Looks like they haven’t marked it out in over a month.

B.A. is offline  
Old 10-21-19, 08:53 PM
  #96  
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: In mourning
Posts: 27,409
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post

ha. I don’t even pay attention anymore during the ridiculous amount of international breaks.


Watching the Cologne/Paderborn game while I wait, and I can’t recall seeing a field in a top flight league with such non-existent lines in the grass. Looks like they haven’t marked it out in over a month.

Because Koln.

Really hoping for a return to BuLi2.
Pharoh is offline  
Old 10-26-19, 09:53 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Because Koln.

Really hoping for a return to BuLi2.
ha


Of course the gas pedals are pressed to the floor in the Rivier Derby.
B.A. is offline  
Old 11-02-19, 12:32 PM
  #98  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 34,563
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Unfuckingbelievable
B.A. is offline  
Old 11-03-19, 01:11 AM
  #99  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Palm Springs and Los Angeles
Posts: 21,740
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

God damn. Winning ugly. Mentality monsters. What a week
BDB is offline  
Old 11-03-19, 04:08 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Legend
 
astrochimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 17,803
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The all-inclusive 2019-20 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

All my mates in Leicester are very happy. They are playing some nice football under Rodgers.
astrochimp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.