5 - Axeramm's A**Kickers (Axeramm)
6 - WD Forte (Obey The D)
7 - Craptastics (clappj)
8 - UP Laters (davidh777)
9 - SonnyBlack (JeffTheAlpaca)
10 - Fuji's (fujishig)
11 - Brick by Brick (lwhy?)
12 - John's Team (BearFan)

Why do I always end up with the 11th or 12th pick every year?

Thanks again to everyone for paying on time this year. I don't think I have ever been able to finalize the league and set the draft order this quickly.

Last edited by lwhy?; 08-01-19 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-01-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: DVDTalk All Star Fantasy Football League 2019

Let the mock drafting begin!

I’ll have to research the wideouts I get to pick from at #8.
Old 08-01-19, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Let the mock drafting begin!

Iíll have to research the wideouts I get to pick from at #8.
A.J. Green should still be available!
Old 08-01-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Here's Our Draft Order:
1 - Frontal LeBeautomy (printerati)
2 - Chaos is a Ladder (outcastja)
3 - Fat Cats (Osiris3657)
4 - The Usual Suspects (tommyp007)
5 - Axeramm's A**Kickers (Axeramm)
6 - WD Forte (Obey The D)
7 - Craptastics (clappj)
8 - UP Laters (davidh777)
9 - SonnyBlack (JeffTheAlpaca)
10 - Fuji's (fujishig)
11 - Brick by Brick (lwhy?)
12 - John's Team (BearFan)

Why do I always end up with the 11th or 12th pick every year?

Thanks again to everyone for paying on time this year. I don't think I have ever been able to finalize the league and set the draft order this quickly.
But I think you can get two picks quickly if you near are the bottom of the draft order?
Old 08-01-19, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by printerati View Post
A.J. Green should still be available!
Old 08-01-19, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
But I think you can get two picks quickly if you near are the bottom of the draft order?
Yeah, but all the good Running Backs will be gone by then.....
Old 08-02-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet, I should have my choice of Kamara or McCaffrey for my 1st round pick.
Old 08-16-19, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Take David Johnson
Old 08-18-19, 09:43 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone that our draft is one week from today at 7pm Central 8pm Eastern time. Make sure to test your computers or mobile devices to make sure that you can access Yahoo's draft software. I hope to see everyone in the draft room next week.
Old 08-24-19, 06:28 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone that the draft is tomorrow. Please make sure you update your yahoo fantasy app or test your browser to make sure it's compatible with Yahoo. Also, amplified's auction league needs an owner. If you would be interested in trying out an auction league, you're more than welcome to join. https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-tal...ll-league.html
Old 08-25-19, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Andrew Luck did us a service by retiring one day before the draft though the risk was too high if you drafted him this year.
Old 08-25-19, 06:04 PM

The draft starts in less than an hour. I hope to see everyone there.
Old 08-25-19, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Andrew Luck did us a service by retiring one day before the draft though the risk was too high if you drafted him this year.
I told my wife the same thing last night. 😂
Old 08-25-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the oldest team in the league
Old 08-25-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, Yahoo always hates my drafts (I know it's solely graded on ADP). I got a C in this league and the free league.

By the way, if anyone who has a Top 10ish WR who is looking for a similarly ranked RB (Damien Williams), hit me up. Open to offers. Would like to balance my lineup alittle more to not make it as RB heavy as it is right now.
Old 08-25-19, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yikes, I missed the draft and yet somehow didn't autodraft Andrew Luck. Did Yahoo take him out or did someone else get unlucky?

edited to add: darnit Ertz in the third round? And as expected defense and kicker in 8 and 9... what a waste. At least I got Chicago, but defense is such an up in the air thing every year that ugh.
Old 08-25-19, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always get a C too in most of my drafts.
Old 08-25-19, 10:37 PM

Here's Yahoo's grades for everyone:

WD Forte A-
Axeramm's A**kickers A-
John's Team B+
Brick by Brick B
Frontal LeBeautomy B
Fuji's B
UP Laters B-
The Usual Suspects C+
Fat Cats C
PeanutButterFalcon C
Craptastics C
Chaos is a Ladder D-
Old 08-25-19, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Yikes, I missed the draft and yet somehow didn't autodraft Andrew Luck. Did Yahoo take him out or did someone else get unlucky?
They actually ranked him way low due to his retirement. He wouldn't have been autodrafted due to that. Luckily, they did the same thing to Lamar Miller so no one ended up drafting him either.
Old 08-26-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I arrived at the draft a few minutes late only to find things had moved so fast that I’d already missed my slot. Sorry to make people wait for my auto-pick. And I ended up with Davante Adams, which is fine, but I’d have gone for one of the RBs Bell or Conner, then when my second pick rolled around, I didn’t like the RB value so I went WR-WR. Hope I can recover from that.

Draft grades are fun, but yeah, they just depend on whether you took a player above or below what they consider his slotted value, so ultimately useless. I got a B- in both of my drafts yesterday.

Yahoo quickly dropped Luck and Miller very low instead of removing them, but I saw Miller while scrolling so it’s conceivable that they might have been picked in a very deep draft (but at that point, who cares anyway). It just shows how these services are the great equalizer for today’s fantasy game. Years ago, someone would’ve drafted Luck, and the rest of the room would’ve traded side glances wondering who was going to speak up. Ultimately I think equalizing is good because it opens up the game to a lot more people. I have some friends who play who would have no chance without auto-drafting. I also remember the days when a friend and I would draft for each other when one of us couldn’t be there. I think we behaved pretty honorably.
Old 08-26-19, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I arrived at the draft a few minutes late only to find things had moved so fast that Iíd already missed my slot. Sorry to make people wait for my auto-pick. And I ended up with Davante Adams, which is fine, but Iíd have gone for one of the RBs Bell or Conner, then when my second pick rolled around, I didnít like the RB value so I went WR-WR. Hope I can recover from that.

Draft grades are fun, but yeah, they just depend on whether you took a player above or below what they consider his slotted value, so ultimately useless.

Yahoo quickly dropped Luck and Miller very low instead of removing them, but I saw Miller while scrolling so itís conceivable that they might have been picked in a very deep draft (but at that point, who cares anyway). It just shows how these services are the great equalizer for todayís fantasy game. Years ago, someone wouldíve drafted Luck, and the rest of the room wouldíve traded side glances wondering who was going to speak up. Ultimately I think equalizing is good because it opens up the game to a lot more people. I have some friends who play who would have no chance without auto-drafting. I also remember the days when a friend and I would draft for each other when one of us couldnít be there. I think we behaved pretty honorably.
I know last year or the year before Yahoo! wasn't quick enough to drop players because I remember some really questionable autodrafting decisions (this doesn't include Bell, who everyone thought would still play some games last year). I can't imagine what my team would look like if it drafted Luck as QB1, then picked TE, kicker, and defense early, picked two defenses, and then drafted some scrub QB2. Let alone if Miller was picked. So thank you Yahoo!.

Was I the only loser who completely missed the draft? Man this football season came so fast.
Old 08-26-19, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I know last year or the year before Yahoo! wasn't quick enough to drop players because I remember some really questionable autodrafting decisions (this doesn't include Bell, who everyone thought would still play some games last year). I can't imagine what my team would look like if it drafted Luck as QB1, then picked TE, kicker, and defense early, picked two defenses, and then drafted some scrub QB2. Let alone if Miller was picked. So thank you Yahoo!.

Was I the only loser who completely missed the draft? Man this football season came so fast.
I feel like Yahoo is just slow to update in certain areas. I often see guys on the waiver wire who havenít been relevant in years until I remove their default filters.
Old 08-26-19, 02:10 PM

I think you and clappj were the only two on autodraft for the whole draft. I sent multiple reminders out via yahoo and this thread, but I know not everyone checks both of them often. This draft and the free league draft were very fast this year. They each took about 50 minutes or less. The autodraft teams were only taking about 10 seconds or less to make their picks.
Old 08-26-19, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Draft grades are fun, but yeah, they just depend on whether you took a player above or below what they consider his slotted value, so ultimately useless. I got a B- in both of my drafts yesterday.
Yeah, I was much happier with my draft in this league than my draft in the free league, but got a worse grade on this one. Thereís really no way to avoid reaching on a few picks when you have back-to-back first or last picks, though.
Old 08-26-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I think you and clappj were the only two on autodraft for the whole draft. I sent multiple reminders out via yahoo and this thread, but I know not everyone checks both of them often. This draft and the free league draft were very fast this year. They each took about 50 minutes or less. The autodraft teams were only taking about 10 seconds or less to make their picks.
Oh, yeah, it was totally my fault, just wondering if anyone else autodrafted too.

I'm just preparing my cheatsheet anyway so it's not like I would've been ready... Good luck in week 1 to everyone but John's team, who can save his luck for week 2.

Darnit, I have Aaron Rodgers vs my own Chicago defense in week 1...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.