Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Old 03-18-19, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

DANA WARRIOR-WWE UPDATE

By [email protected] on 2019-03-18 11:43:00
Several weeks after she began working with the WWE Creative Team, Dana Warrior has become a full-time employee of World Wrestling Entertainment as part of WWE Creative, PWInsider.com has learned.Warrior, the wife of late WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior, began working with WWE as a company ambassador after the passing of her husband in 2014. In that role, she appeared at a number of community outreach events (a role she was very good in) and would present the Warrior Award at the WWE Hall of Fame annually.Warrior, who has noted on the official Ultimate Warrior website that she’s been a writer her entire life, pitched herself as a member of creative several weeks ago and began trailing writers and sitting in on production meetings at that point. It is believed she began officially full-time with the company within the last week or two with the idea of bringing an additional female perspective to WWE storylines.
https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...pdate.html?p=1
Old 03-18-19, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And Kurt Angle "picks" Baron Corbin... received like a fart in church. Seriously, WTF?!?
Old 03-18-19, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I assume Cena is still injured and is out at Wrestlemania.
Old 03-19-19, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The problem with the Network being so cheap compared to PPV through cable companies and the fact that it sells out like the Super Bowl has made Vince and creative more lazier about buildup for WM. Similar to last year, there's almost nothing I'm looking forward too. Simple feuds like the Ronda/Becky one have been overbooked. Same with HHH and Batista and now Kurt Angle's retirement match. Remember guys when Vince, Steph, Shane and HHH said last December that they had heard the fans and things were changing? Well, that was some bullshit.
Old 03-19-19, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I almost agree with you there, but I would not and didn't really expect to see serious changes until after WM. Heck they may not even happen until FOX gets SDL in October.
Old 03-19-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kelkee View Post
I almost agree with you there, but I would not and didn't really expect to see serious changes until after WM. Heck they may not even happen until FOX gets SDL in October.
Then why make the announcement in December? Nothing has changed since and I'd guess that people that were on the fence dropped off and won't even be around for WM.

As it stands the only thing I'm looking forward to with WM is seeing how they screw Rollins and put Reigns back on the title path.
Old 03-19-19, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Braun Strowman has officially become Big Show part 2. For a second year in a row, they have nothing for him even though he has carried the RAW brand as well as Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. And Vince is surprised that they haven't been able to build more new stars.
Old 03-19-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last night's Raw was terrible. With less than twenty days until WrestleMania, you would think WWE would put on a good show. I watched the 3 hour plus show in about 15 minutes on the DVR.
Old 03-19-19, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Last night's Raw was terrible. With less than twenty days until WrestleMania, you would think WWE would put on a good show. I watched the 3 hour plus show in about 15 minutes on the DVR.
The worst part is the tease. By this I mean that sometimes it feels like they are going to do something different and surprise us but then they go to the same old shit. For example, when Drew McKentyre's music hit as Brock was in the ring, it teased a glimpse of something new that we haven't seen but that sounds interesting. A big athletic man in Drew almost about to confront the Beast. Then Seth Rollins interrupted and everything went back to shit.

Also, Kevin Dunn wouldn't be hired anywhere else if he wants to keep directing shots like this

Old 03-19-19, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 03-19-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The problem with the Network being so cheap compared to PPV through cable companies and the fact that it sells out like the Super Bowl has made Vince and creative more lazier about buildup for WM. Similar to last year, there's almost nothing I'm looking forward too. Simple feuds like the Ronda/Becky one have been overbooked. Same with HHH and Batista and now Kurt Angle's retirement match. Remember guys when Vince, Steph, Shane and HHH said last December that they had heard the fans and things were changing? Well, that was some bullshit.
Yeah. It seems like WrestleMania (and all the PPVs or events or whatever they want to call them) are lacking that special feeling since the network has been established. Back in the day they had to really sell people on shelling out $50 or more for ordering a PPV. The shows in turn were usually more stacked or at least were normally better than the typical fare on weekly tv. Now with the network the bigger shows have sort of a lazy feel and donít really feel all that special. Almost like because theyíre just part of the subscription to the network it doesnít matter how good the shows are because theyíve already got your money. Granted you get a lot more content for a lower price, but the big events just lack that extravaganza, must watch feel.
Old 03-19-19, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I have to hear one more person on internet complain about Angle and Cena not happening I’m gonna scream. I get it Angle was Cenas first match. That doesn’t full circle Kurt’s career, it would full circle Cenas career. It’s just like when people were complaining about no Sting vs. Undertaker match. Why? They never had anything to do with each other. Icon vs. Icon fine but it was about 15 years too late.
Old 03-19-19, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cena and Angle feuded somewhat though. It would have been a good match and would have had more of a big match feel. Baron Corbin feels like a bit of a random choice, but maybe Kurt wants to put him over.

I think itís different than the Undertaker/Sting situation. That was more of a dream match that fans wanted for years. Cena/Angle could have happened and made some storyline sense. Cena also isnít quite past his prime yet. Heís got mileage on him but heís still in the middle part of his career (even though heís becoming more of a part-timer). Angle should have been done a while ago realistically, but had pushed himself to keep going long after he should be.
Old 03-19-19, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
If I have to hear one more person on internet complain about Angle and Cena not happening Iím gonna scream. I get it Angle was Cenas first match. That doesnít full circle Kurtís career, it would full circle Cenas career. Itís just like when people were complaining about no Sting vs. Undertaker match. Why? They never had anything to do with each other. Icon vs. Icon fine but it was about 15 years too late.
People consider Angle in the caliber of HBK and Flair. Both of them technically went out and retired (I know both came back later on though) at WM against a guy at their level, Undertaker. Similarly, Foley "retired" against HHH. People, including myself, feel that Angle should retire with someone at his level, not against a midcarder that hasn't gotten over (mostly due to bad booking). Angle should have at least had the chance to really pick his opponent and wrestle someone like Taker, Cena, AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. All these wrestlers have a history with Angle and are at a top level in eye of fans.
Old 03-19-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In the eyes of Vince and company I could see them not wanting Angleís last match to be with Styles or Joe as those almost feel like TNA feuds more.

Its funny thinking about it now, but really when Triple H ďretiredĒ Foley (really there should be an asterisk there as he still wrestled on and off for a while afterwards) I didnít exactly agree with it. Sure he was being pushed as one of the top guys at the time, but that was really fairly early on in his career as a main event guy. He was more notable then though than someone like Corbin is currently.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-19-19 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-19-19, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have been doing the slow burn with Lynch and Kingston, wouldn't be surprised in the least if Cena/Angle still happens.
Old 03-20-19, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even if Angle is a shell of his former self this would be like Taker vs Erick Rowan in his retirement match or HBK vs Ezekiel Jackson
Old 03-20-19, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As long as Angle goes over clean in a pretty good match and has in ring time to celebrate after, I have no problem with this.
Old 03-20-19, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For some reason I like Baron Corbin. I liked his lone wolf gimmick and despite Constable Corbin thing going over like a fart in church I think he's worked it well. I think the guy has the attitude and his mic skills are coming along to be a top of the card guy. Hell the 3 people crew of Corbin/McIntyre/Lashley is pretty damn good with Corbin being the mouthpiece. There is a lot of potential that they just aren't tapping into and if Angle putting him over helps get him heat I'm all for it.
Old 03-20-19, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

WWE is fully aware of the hate for Baron Corbin. Pen this write now, Baron Corbin is in the back and Angle is in the ring. Corbin is found knocked out. Out comes the Undertaker. Pen it
Old 03-20-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There have been slight changes. And they have brought on several new creative folks. I'd image they would scope out what they have, and where they want to go before making drastic changes. If nothing has seriously change after October then there really is no hope for real changes.

Instead of doing what Vince did when he just called up NXT stars with no notice because of some knee jerk reaction to ratings. They have been fumbling around ever since on where to place these call ups. Sanity is no where. AOP has vanished. Nikki Cross went silent. Ciampa is out. Gargano was paired with Ciampa so Gargano is now gone from RAW/SDL. EC3 is going nowhere. And Lacy Evans is getting annoying (notice they changed her gimmick already on SDL. She was a military/patriot now she is some southern belle?) Lacy should be a military bad ass and destroy every opponent. Now she some nondescript "southern belle"? Big whoop.

Heavy Machinery are getting some TV time but the audience pops for them. No one cared about AOP or Sanity.

Ricochet and Black are great. But overexposure is starting to set in for them already. They have blown thru all their opponents so where are they going to go now?
Old 03-20-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apparently Cena is available for Wrestlemania, but they still haven't found a role for him.
Old 03-20-19, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Prior to his injury in January it felt like Cena/McIntyre at Mania, and that would have been a good use for him (as long as McIntyre won). Now it seems more likely that it will be McIntyre/Reigns. It doesn't make much sense to have Cena available and not give him an advertised match
Old 03-20-19, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Apparently Cena is available for Wrestlemania, but they still haven't found a role for him.
Old 03-21-19, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.