Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Old 03-05-19, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Best comment I saw about Ronda's heel turn: "Finally the WWE is embracing the insecure bully Ronda really is.."
Old 03-05-19, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was Bundy part of that concussion lawsuit against the WWE?

Just wondering why he is not in the WWE HoF?
Old 03-05-19, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Torrie's instagram is even better. She's fucking gorgeous, especially for someone who's 43.

As for King Kong Bundy, it's disappointing that he's not in the WWE HOF. His chances of going in went down when he became part of the concussion lawsuit against WWE

Here's the list of wrestlers from that lawsuit

From that list, Patera, Orndorff, Snuka and Animal are in the HOF and were inducted before the lawsuit. Snuka is dead, and Patera is persona non-grata due to the shit he did in the 80's. Animal and Orndorff haven't been seen in WWE since 2014 and don't have a legends contract.

From the rest of that group, Bundy, One Man Gang, Chavo Jr, Earl and Dave Hebner, Sabu, Barry Darsow, Bill Eadie, Marty Jannetty, Slick, Shane Douglas and Jim Brunzell should be in the HOF. Chavo Sr, and Angelo Mosca should go in the legacy wing of the HOF. It seems that Vince is still sour about this lawsuit and it's going to take a while before any of them go in. I still don't know why Vader wasn't inducted when he was alive. Vader was in good terms with the company, appearing in Table for 3, and was included in video games and other merchandise.
Old 03-05-19, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"You sure you don't want to go to New Orleans? It's Mardi Gras." King Kong Bundy
Old 03-05-19, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Torrie's instagram is even better. She's fucking gorgeous, especially for someone who's 43.

As for King Kong Bundy, it's disappointing that he's not in the WWE HOF. His chances of going in went down when he became part of the concussion lawsuit against WWE

Here's the list of wrestlers from that lawsuit

From that list, Patera, Orndorff, Snuka and Animal are in the HOF and were inducted before the lawsuit. Snuka is dead, and Patera is persona non-grata due to the shit he did in the 80's. Animal and Orndorff haven't been seen in WWE since 2014 and don't have a legends contract.

From the rest of that group, Bundy, One Man Gang, Chavo Jr, Earl and Dave Hebner, Sabu, Barry Darsow, Bill Eadie, Marty Jannetty, Slick, Shane Douglas and Jim Brunzell should be in the HOF. Chavo Sr, and Angelo Mosca should go in the legacy wing of the HOF. It seems that Vince is still sour about this lawsuit and it's going to take a while before any of them go in. I still don't know why Vader wasn't inducted when he was alive. Vader was in good terms with the company, appearing in Table for 3, and was included in video games and other merchandise.
Yep, I've been on Torrie's Instagram for along time. Def recommend. Check out Stacy Keiblers as well.

I'm fairly sure Shane Douglas would not be allowed in even if he wasn't on that lawsuit list. He has closed a lot of doors in the WWE. I can see the Marty/Rockers going in as a way to get Shawn involved again.
Old 03-05-19, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't see the Rockers getting into the HOF because Shawn is already going to be a two time HOFer as a solo act and part of DX.
Old 03-05-19, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Marty deserves a nod just for how he sold that throw through the glass.
Old 03-05-19, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if they'll make the Becky vs. Charlotte match at Fast Lane no dq? That way Ronda could get involved and keep it interesting for whomever wins. I hope they don't take the route where Becky is about to defeat Charlotte , then Ronda comes in and decks Charlotte causing Becky to get disqualified.
Old 03-05-19, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
Yep, I've been on Torrie's Instagram for along time. Def recommend. Check out Stacy Keiblers as well.

I'm fairly sure Shane Douglas would not be allowed in even if he wasn't on that lawsuit list. He has closed a lot of doors in the WWE. I can see the Marty/Rockers going in as a way to get Shawn involved again.
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I can't see the Rockers getting into the HOF because Shawn is already going to be a two time HOFer as a solo act and part of DX.

You may be right about Shane Douglas. Still, Shawn Michaels will go in the HOF for a third time as the Rockers, the same way Ric Flair will go in for a third time as a member of Evolution and HHH will go in 2 more times, by himself and as part of Evolution. Hogan, Nash and Hall will go in again as part of the nWo.
Old 03-05-19, 09:37 PM

I forgot to mention how horrible Rousey was last night on the mic. She certainly needs more training, which has been the problem from the beginning. Ronda has been compared to Kurt Angle on how fast the picked up pro wrestling, but Angle was trained for almost 2 years before he hit the main roster. And he was trained on the mic too. Ronda doesn't have that training and it shows.
Old 03-06-19, 01:37 PM

Ciampa is going to be out for a while as he is schedule to have neck surgery. Bad timing for him especially with the push he was getting across all brands.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...pdate.html?p=1
Old 03-06-19, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's really unfortunate - he was primed for a big year. Neck injuries can be scary so I hope he takes his time to recover fully. It's not worth rushing it.
Old 03-06-19, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn...he's been sooooo good since coming back from the knee. Time for Cole to get the NXT title?
Old 03-06-19, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So there will be an new champ in NXT by next week....bay bay.
Old 03-06-19, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Marty deserves a nod just for how he sold that throw through the glass.
"Janetty tried to escape by jumping though that window! What a coward!" -Bobby Heenan

Greatest line ever uttered in Commentary History.

Old 03-06-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
"Janetty tried to escape by jumping though that window! What a coward!" -Bobby Heenan

Greatest line ever uttered in Commentary History.

my lord... Heenan and The King always had the best lines at the perfect time.
Old 03-06-19, 11:08 PM

Pwinsider is reporting that Jim Ross is leaving WWE. It seems that he’s going to reformat his podcast and join Conrad Thompson in the podcast business. I imagine he may go to AEW too.
Old 03-07-19, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pwinsider is reporting that Jim Ross is leaving WWE. It seems that heís going to reformat his podcast and join Conrad Thompson in the podcast business. I imagine he may go to AEW too.
I just don't see Ross going along with Conrad's style. Ross seems to take himself a little serious. I guess in the same vein as Bischoff so maybe. I'd love to hear Ross go deep into topics like Thompson does though.
Old 03-07-19, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As long as Ross stays away from commentary. His work over the last few years has been cringe worthy.
Old 03-07-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Watching paint dry is more entertaining than JRs podcast. So I imagine commentary in his current state wouldn't be much better. He has always had an eye for talent though. If he doesn't retire, he'd be perfect in talent relations.
Old 03-07-19, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
Watching paint dry is more entertaining than JRs podcast. So I imagine commentary in his current state wouldn't be much better. He has always had an eye for talent though. If he doesn't retire, he'd be perfect in talent relations.
Is it more entertaining than JJ Dillon's podcast? I've tried but my goodness is it bad.
Old 03-07-19, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I just don't see Ross going along with Conrad's style. Ross seems to take himself a little serious. I guess in the same vein as Bischoff so maybe. I'd love to hear Ross go deep into topics like Thompson does though.
I think both will make adjustments to make it work. Like starseed said, JR's current podcast sucks. I actually can see more people doing business with Conrad as he's been pretty good on giving a tone and direction to the podcasts he works on.

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
As long as Ross stays away from commentary. His work over the last few years has been cringe worthy.
Ross sounds tired, which is pretty common for people who suffer from Bells Palsey. I've always believe that Ross needs a good partner to work with too and he didn't have that chemistry in NJPW.

Old 03-07-19, 06:07 PM

Jeff Jarret has been promoted from producer to executive - WWE Creative Team.
Old 03-07-19, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What the hell is going on?
Old 03-08-19, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think both will make adjustments to make it work. Like starseed said, JR's current podcast sucks. I actually can see more people doing business with Conrad as he's been pretty good on giving a tone and direction to the podcasts he works on.

Ross sounds tired, which is pretty common for people who suffer from Bells Palsey. I've always believe that Ross needs a good partner to work with too and he didn't have that chemistry in NJPW.
I donít think he sounds tired, heís just washed up.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.