Old 02-14-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Interesting

Old 02-14-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Jimmy Uso was arrested at some point this week. Apparently Naomi got stopped by the cops while driving the wrong direction and the TMZ report says that the car reeked of booze.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...ested.html?p=1

Old 02-14-19, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And he is only 38 and wrestles a style that he can probably do safely for himself and his opponent when he 50. He will not only break that record and others he will set them to unbreakable levels
Old 02-14-19, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
And he is only 38 and wrestles a style that he can probably do safely for himself and his opponent when he 50. He will not only break that record and others he will set them to unbreakable levels
746 matches is pretty impressive. Even more impressive is that 212 of them were title matches against John Cena on PPV.
Old 02-14-19, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
And he is only 38 and wrestles a style that he can probably do safely for himself and his opponent when he 50.
Just stay away from Nia Jax and he should be ok.
Old 02-16-19, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After Kofi Kingston's performance on Smacksown I am intrigued what they do with him on the PPV. I doubt they would ever give him the title but maybe they could restart the Orton/Kingston feud from many years ago. It is nice and all that Orton has had so many matches but he has been boring as shit for a long time and it might help energize his career as well.
Old 02-17-19, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is this all apart of the storyline or does Becky have a legit knee injury?

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/...?sf207912381=1
Old 02-17-19, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Is this all apart of the storyline or does Becky have a legit knee injury?

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/...?sf207912381=1
PWInsider has no report of her being injured in their news section, which they absolutely would if she had been. They also posted the link to the video from wwe.com, but their description of the video says: Becky Lynch "Reinjured" Last Night.

Based on the use of quotation marks and the non-report of the injury, I would say with confidence that it's 100% storyline.
Old 02-17-19, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if there's a chance that Stone Cold will get involved in the Becky storyline at some point, possibly at Mania?
Old 02-17-19, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
I wonder if there's a chance that Stone Cold will get involved in the Becky storyline at some point, possibly at Mania?
As much as it makes sense, they shouldn't. People will criticize it as the feud needing a real man and arguably the top star ever to get it over.

It seems that they are finishing the PPV early tonight. Main event is starting at 9:30PM.

By the way, they really fucked Braun (once again) and Ruby Riot with their matches. I really don't understand why Vince will protect Lesnar at all cost and fuck Braun on every single feud he's been.
Old 02-17-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It seems that they are finishing the PPV early tonight. Main event is starting at 9:30PM.
Good! 3 hours and change is a good time for a show.

By the way, they really fucked Braun (once again) and Ruby Riot with their matches. I really don't understand why Vince will protect Lesnar at all cost and fuck Braun on every single feud he's been.
At least Braun's character was protected in the sense that it was a 3-on-1 beatdown. Poor Ruby got flat out squashed

I really liked the two Elimination Chamber matches that book-ended the show though. Sasha/Bayley winning was pretty predictable, though it was a fun match where all the women got a chance to shine. Kofi got me emotionally invested in the title match ... I wouldn't mind seeing Kofi get a one-on-one rematch at Wrestlemania.
Old 02-18-19, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as it makes sense, they shouldn't. People will criticize it as the feud needing a real man and arguably the top star ever to get it over.

Im not a fan of Ruby but that was a damn shame what they did.
Old 02-18-19, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Ruby well enough. I think she's a good addition to the women's roster. They can't continue to shit on talent like that in an attempt to get Rousey over. They did it to Bliss (may have been injury related but still it didn't come off well) and now Riot. How is she going to be credible going forward, much less enough of a threat that she has a "squad" behind her.
Old 02-18-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was an ok PPV. It was still too long though, they really have to restrict these to < 3 hrs. And for a second, I actually thought they were really gonna put Kofi over. The Becky / Charlotte / Ronda thing still makes no sense but whatever.
Old 02-18-19, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't want anything bad to happen to Vince, but as long as he is still the boss, I have no hope of anything making horse sense in WWE. There was no reason why Braun had to be treated that way. WWE wants to portray him as a monster among men, but he never wins the big matches. And what they see in Bobby Lashley is beyond me. He makes Randy Orton seem like Mr. Personality. He's as bland and boring as they come, yet he's still getting big pushes.
Old 02-18-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually like Bobby with Lio but it seems they're splitting them up so we'll be back to say nothing Lashley.
Old 02-18-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't want anything bad to happen to Vince, but as long as he is still the boss, I have no hope of anything making horse sense in WWE. There was no reason why Braun had to be treated that way. WWE wants to portray him as a monster among men, but he never wins the big matches. And what they see in Bobby Lashley is beyond me. He makes Randy Orton seem like Mr. Personality. He's as bland and boring as they come, yet he's still getting big pushes.
Pretty much. The time to pull the trigger on Braun was probably late 2017. They've botched him since then pretty bad. I'd disagree on Lashley though. He was a straight up destroyer in TNA. He just needs to be booked well.
Old 02-18-19, 11:32 AM

So now the huge rumor is that DX is getting inducted to the Hall of Fame. That includes everyone who was part of DX, including Chyna, but weirdly so, no Rick Rude.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...riday.html?p=1
Old 02-18-19, 11:37 AM

Rumor confirmed by ESPN. Rick Rude should have been included.

D-Generation X to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame
Old 02-18-19, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With them as the headliners I guess that means no Hart Foundation this year.
Old 02-18-19, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
With them as the headliners I guess that means no Hart Foundation this year.
Thus reigniting the HBK / Bret feud.

So, does one assume that this will lead to some kinda' Mania match or skit or just the team walking out on the ramp like all other HOF inductees. I'd heard that plans were HBK vs Taker III and HHH vs Batista for this year's mania but certainly no groundwork has been laid for that.
Old 02-18-19, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I kind of doubt Chyna would have been included in the group had she still been alive.
Old 02-18-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian View Post
Thus reigniting the HBK / Bret feud.

So, does one assume that this will lead to some kinda' Mania match or skit or just the team walking out on the ramp like all other HOF inductees. I'd heard that plans were HBK vs Taker III and HHH vs Batista for this year's mania but certainly no groundwork has been laid for that.

Since when does groundwork need to be laid for WWE to do anything that makes sense to them alone?
Old 02-18-19, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a sad day when X-Pac, who couldn't draw flies if his ass was covered with honey, will be walking around with a HOF ring in the very near future. I guess it pays to be buddies with Triple H.
Old 02-18-19, 08:40 PM

It's a sad day when X-Pac, who couldn't draw flies if his ass was covered with honey, will be walking around with a HOF ring in the very near future. I guess it pays to be buddies with Triple H.
Surprisingly, Sean Waltman was a pretty good draw when he was the 1-2-3 Kid and then as part of DX. I think Bischoff has mentioned that Waltman drew a little money in WCW by being associated with the NWO but that his drug problem was so bad that he was too much of a problem. The thing Waltman is highly regarded as and what will probably get him an individual induction, is that everyone, from Bret Hart to Vince say that X-Pac was and still is a hell of a worker. Waltman could work with anyone and make them better, didn't matter what size his opponent was. Waltman for some reason got the horrible "X-Pac heat" rep at the end of his run in WWE but that was more about cynical marks online being jackasses. If you want to see how good Sean was, look out for his match on RAW as 1-2-3 Kid vs Bret Hart.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.