Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

Old 02-04-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The 2019 Pro Wrestling Thread

That was a horrible, wasted opportunity for something good. It was like acting class on day 2
Old 02-04-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't understand why the keep letting Becky get a verbal beating from Ronda. If makes Becky look weak. If they want to make her strong, have Becky slap Ronda and then they get into a brawl.
Old 02-04-19, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm always distracted by the fact that until she starts talking Lynch looks like she is busy enjoying the smell of her own farts.
Old 02-04-19, 10:24 PM

I imagine Dean Ambrose is going to lose every single match from here till his contract is over. No sugar coating on that.

As for Nia Jax, I know that everyone is about body positivity and all that, but for fucks sake, she's getting fatter by each RAW, which I'm pretty sure is not good for her health. I mean, she has lots of family members that have died of cardiac arrest, including Umaga, Yokozuna and Rosey. Add to this the fact that she's not improving in the ring and actually has looked much worse in the past several months. I hope someone says something before she hurts someone else.
Old 02-05-19, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Beck throwing right hands on Steph and 4 other dudes was great Stone Cold like. But she should have thrown hands on Ronda as well.

At first I thought Elias was getting a good rub from pinning JJ, until he got beat down. Sigh.
Old 02-05-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A Moment of Bliss is just a train wreck every time. I love it and hope they keep it as is.

Was I the only one waiting for Road Dogg to turn on JJ?
Old 02-05-19, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I imagine Dean Ambrose is going to lose every single match from here till his contract is over. No sugar coating on that.
Man, if he wasn't really leaving it would be an epic swerve to have him challenge for the championship on his supposed last day and actually win.
Old 02-05-19, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess Becky and Stephanie are the new, female version of Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon.
Old 02-05-19, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I guess Becky and Stephanie are the new, female version of Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon.
I just hope Stephanie doesn't emasculate Becky the same way she has done to everyone in the roster not named Rousey. This "Steph" feud should/could have been done years ago with AJ Lee or Nikki Bella.
Old 02-05-19, 12:41 PM

The rumor going around is that WWE will induct to the HOF this year:

Spoiler:
The Original Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and Jimmy Hart) and not include Davey Boy, Owen, Pillman or even Danny Davis.
Old 02-05-19, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The rumor going around is that WWE will induct to the HOF this year:

Spoiler:
The Original Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and Jimmy Hart) and not include Davey Boy, Owen, Pillman or even Danny Davis.
That's sad if that's true.
Spoiler:
I can understand them leaving out Owen due to his crazy wife's behavior, but Davey Boy and Pillman deserver to be in the HOF. I don't even remember Danny Davis. Wasn't he a ref?
Old 02-05-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's sad if that's true.
Spoiler:
I can understand them leaving out Owen due to his crazy wife's behavior, but Davey Boy and Pillman deserver to be in the HOF. I don't even remember Danny Davis. Wasn't he a ref?

Spoiler:
Pillman, Owen, and Davey Boy deserve to be in on their own merits, but personally I wouldn't induct them as part of the Hart Foundation. The Stable version of the Hart Foundation only existed for like 4 months. The Hart Foundation tag team of Bret and Jim definitely deserve to be in though.

Danny Davis was a ref and a wrestler and was briefly a member of the Hart Foundation in 87-88, he doesn't really deserve induction in any form.

Last edited by Obi-Wan Jabroni; 02-05-19 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-05-19, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To me the sad part is that
Spoiler:
they waited until Anvil was dead. They should have gone in years ago. As for Davey Boy, now that Dynamite is dead they can put in the Bulldogs. Hard to do that while he was still alive.
Old 02-05-19, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Davey Boy, Owen and Pillman deserve a solo entrance into the HOF. Like Rick Rude, Randy Savage and so forth. It was already said, but its disappointing that they waited until Anvil was dead, although I'm not surprised considering the shape he was in during the last few years of his life.. Also I was hoping the Midnight Express and Cornette would go in this year. Oh well. I just hope Dennis Condrey's cancer stays in remission long enough to see him on stage with Bobby, Jim and Stan.
Old 02-05-19, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Spoiler:
Davey Boy, Owen and Pillman deserve a solo entrance into the HOF. Like Rick Rude, Randy Savage and so forth. It was already said, but its disappointing that they waited until Anvil was dead, although I'm not surprised considering the shape he was in during the last few years of his life.. Also I was hoping the Midnight Express and Cornette would go in this year. Oh well. I just hope Dennis Condrey's cancer stays in remission long enough to see him on stage with Bobby, Jim and Stan.
from Nov

Longtime manager Jim Cornette recently announced that Condrey, 66, had overcome a four-year battle with throat cancer. Condrey, said Cornette, has been fitted with an artificial voice box.

“The good news is that he’s cancer-free and has been for some time. … He weighs 230 pounds and feels great, and he wants to get back and see us and see the fans.”

Old 02-05-19, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh yeah, I'm fully aware. I'm just saying I hope it stays that way.
Old 02-05-19, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't imagine them going with 2 tag teams from the same era in the same year.
Old 02-06-19, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I know, thats what I was implying. With the team mentioned going in, Midnight and Corny won't be.
Old 02-06-19, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Man, if he wasn't really leaving it would be an epic swerve to have him challenge for the championship on his supposed last day and actually win.
That's exactly Money in the Bank 2011 with CM Punk winning the title and "leaving" the company
Old 02-06-19, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
That's exactly Money in the Bank 2011 with CM Punk winning the title and "leaving" the company
Which actually had a good build up and as far as I remember up until match time you had no clue whether Punk was leaving or signing a new contract. It was actually a brilliant build of that story line.
Old 02-06-19, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not spoilering that HOF induction since it's only a rumor so if you don't want it "spoiled" stop reading.

Yeah they definitely deserve to be in and I'm assuming that his being done for Natalya but it would be nice for the other members to be included too. Pillman, Owen and Davey should be able to go in on there own merits as well but there are a couple things stopping that:

-Pillman: Brian Pillman Jr wrestles for MLW right now so WWE probably would not want him receiving Pillman's induction. Plus there was controversy with Melanie Pillman and Pillmans daughter about how his kids never got any of Pillman's money since Melanie spent it all on drugs, and Melanie says that WWE never gave her as much as she should have gotten.

-Davey Boy: WWE probably doesn't want Harry on stage, and Diana Hart is always kind of a maybe in terms of how she will act.

Owen: Nuff said. Martha would bash WWE endlessly, and his kids want nothing to do with the company either.
Old 02-06-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm aware of all that, I just don't think shoving them all in under the banner of the Hart Foundation just to get them in is the right thing to do either.
Old 02-06-19, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If that rumor is true, Bret will join Flair as the only two people that will be inducted into the HOF twice. With as much pull as Triple H has, I thought Flair's records would be untouchable, but I guess not. Cena tied Flair's record for World Championships, although Flair has about six more title reigns that are unrecognized by WWE.
Old 02-06-19, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If that rumor is true, Bret will join Flair as the only two people that will be inducted into the HOF twice. With as much pull as Triple H has, I thought Flair's records would be untouchable, but I guess not. Cena tied Flair's record for World Championships, although Flair has about six more title reigns that are unrecognized by WWE.
If they're including Jimmy Hart, it would be the second induction for him as well.
Old 02-06-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As long as we get to hear Jimmy Hart talk about the Tiki Deck for 15 minutes I'm sold.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.