Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Old 02-11-19, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Hunt would have been a better fit with the Bears and he worked with Nagy before in KC.
Andy Reid's guys are super-loyal. Doubt they'd want to be seen as opportunistic in this situation.
Old 02-11-19, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How exactly will Hunt's one year deal work? Is it for the 2019 season including any games he'll be suspended?
Old 02-11-19, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think he's going to be on the Commissioner's Exempt List, which is essentially a suspension. He won't get paid until he suits up. It's a low risk investment for the Browns.
Old 02-12-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Why did San Diego say no? It could be a bit of a money-maker for a year and a Screw-You to the Chargers as a bonus.

Speaking of the Raiders, they're pulling a Ruthless People and have started "marking down" PSLs. They called me again last week (I gave them a hard-pass in October) and told me that some are under $1000/seat now. Last time I did a meeting there, nothing was under $5K. I have another appt on Wednesday to look at the new offerings.
My bad, it was Goddell that nixed the idea, not the city of San Diego. Don't know why.

But props on making a Ruthless People reference. Just thinking of that movie brought me a little bit of happiness today.
Old 02-12-19, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/esp...nq-ngcbjMvdesc

ABC will air 2 hours of NFL Combine coverage on March 2nd.

NFL Network normally does the whole week.

You have to really love football IMO to sit and watch college kids work out and do drills for hours and hours during that week.
Old 02-12-19, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/esp...nq-ngcbjMvdesc

ABC will air 2 hours of NFL Combine coverage on March 2nd.

NFL Network normally does the whole week.

You have to really love football IMO to sit and watch college kids work out and do drills for hours and hours during that week.
I work from home multiple days per week. I am glad to have stuff like this on TV instead of the typical screaming idiots like Steven A Smith.
Old 02-13-19, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Joe Flacco has been traded to the Broncos according to Adam Schefter on facebook.
Old 02-13-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Not a surprise. Figured he would end up there or in Jax. Foles to Jax is the next likely domino.
Old 02-13-19, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What did the Broncos give up?

It's a good move for Denver.
Old 02-13-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How is Flacco any better than Keenum? Now they have two overpaid QBs and no future.
Old 02-13-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

What did the Broncos give up?

It's a good move for Denver.
The trade isnt official until the new league year in March. Its a mid round pick for him.

so Keenum will either be traded or cut. I doubt he will stay as a backup.
Old 02-13-19, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
How is Flacco any better than Keenum? Now they have two overpaid QBs and no future.
He may not be elite, but I think Flacco is better than Keenum. I also think he's better than Lamar Jackson FWIW, though I do see some logic in Baltimore moving in a new direction.
Never thought Denver signing Keenum was a particularly good idea - especially sitting at #5 in a QB-heavy draft. I mean Chubb is great and will be a cornerstone moving forward, and maybe neither Josh appealed to them. I get that. But if either pans out to be a solid starter, they might regret that decision.
Old 02-13-19, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Flacco is not better than either Keenum or Jackson. He is a subpar talent at this point in his career. At best he is as good as Keenum, but four years older. And MUCH less mobile. And coming off injury. This trade made no sense except for the Ravens who got something for nothing and a ton of cap room on a team that will compete for the division title.
Old 02-13-19, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The move won't do anything for Denver, they still be battling it out for third place in the AFC West.
Old 02-13-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This probably hurts Foles and one less team competing for his services.
Old 02-13-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Following up on the PSL thing : This Raiders-hater ended up buying a PSL
The reason is this : I got seats in the front row of the upper level, 10 Yard line, for $3000 each. Not cheap, sure, but the tickets are $99/game. I figure those seats would be among the most-desirable not-expensive seats and could easily go for $150-$175 each. I will probably only go to three Regular Season games a year so I stand to make $500-$700/season on the other tickets and that should help pay down my PSL over time while allowing me to pick & choose the games I want to see.

Here's the simulated view :
Spoiler:
Old 02-14-19, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You could have waited since I don't think the demand is going to be there in Vegas and they have had a lousy product for the last 16 years with 2016 being the exception.
Old 02-14-19, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got seats in the front row of the upper level, 10 Yard line, for $3000 each. Not cheap, sure, but the tickets are $99/game. I figure those seats would be among the most-desirable not-expensive seats and could easily go for $150-$175 each. I will probably only go to three Regular Season games a year so I stand to make $500-$700/season on the other tickets and that should help pay down my PSL over time while allowing me to pick & choose the games I want to see.
As a previous PSL owner, I can see a small flaw in your ticket value logic. You have to take into account that 2 out of 10 (20%) of the tickets you're obligated to purchase each year are pre-season games, and you'll be lucky to be able to sell them for a fraction of their face value. Note also that the games "you're going to want to see" will most likely be the games other fans want to see also. If you truly want to begin to pay off some of your PSL, you'll do well to sell the tix to some of those matchups.
Old 02-14-19, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Following up on the PSL thing : This Raiders-hater ended up buying a PSL
The reason is this : I got seats in the front row of the upper level, 10 Yard line, for $3000 each. Not cheap, sure, but the tickets are $99/game. I figure those seats would be among the most-desirable not-expensive seats and could easily go for $150-$175 each. I will probably only go to three Regular Season games a year so I stand to make $500-$700/season on the other tickets and that should help pay down my PSL over time while allowing me to pick & choose the games I want to see.

Here's the simulated view :
Spoiler:
That's a great view! My Wife and I want to go to Vegas when the Raiders start playing there.
Old 02-14-19, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You could have waited since I don't think the demand is going to be there in Vegas and they have had a lousy product for the last 16 years with 2016 being the exception.
I'm not sure, that seems like a great excuse for CA Raiders fans to make a weekend trip to Vegas.
Old 02-14-19, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hunt would have been a better fit with the Bears and he worked with Nagy before in KC.
Fuck that nonsense. I don't want Hunt anywhere near my Bears. I dropped him immediately in my Fantasy league after news and video broke last year about him. That was before he was suspended. That jackass was my number one pick.
Old 02-14-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Browns sign Kareem Hunt to 1 year deal.
Turns out it was a miscommunication in the Cleveland front office.

Exec 1: We need to rebuild, but we need new blood. We need players who have won before and know how to beat their opponents.

Intern 1: On it boss!
Old 02-14-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by clappj View Post
As a previous PSL owner, I can see a small flaw in your ticket value logic. You have to take into account that 2 out of 10 (20%) of the tickets you're obligated to purchase each year are pre-season games, and you'll be lucky to be able to sell them for a fraction of their face value. Note also that the games "you're going to want to see" will most likely be the games other fans want to see also. If you truly want to begin to pay off some of your PSL, you'll do well to sell the tix to some of those matchups.
I've been a season ticket holder for the Colts when I lived in Indy. I know that those Pre-Season games are worthless, but I take that into account. I figure that's like the premium you pay instead of ticketing fees. Plus I can give those ones to my office staff employees for the first few years (and deduct them that way I suppose). Plus since they're only $99 seats, if I can get $40-$50 each, we're not talking about a huge loss there.
As far as games I will go to, my only "must have" is the Chiefs every year (I'm a huge fan) and the occasional Colts game. I ignore the NFC games and am more than happy to sell them to fans who will only get to see their team every 8 years in Vegas. The rest I will just sell except for the two that won't have as big a demand. Nice thing about hating the local team is that I'm pretty ambivalent about which games I miss seeing in person, save for the Chiefs.

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
That's a great view! My Wife and I want to go to Vegas when the Raiders start playing there.
Thanks. I thought it was a nice view as well, considering how far they are.
Old 02-14-19, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Alliance of American Football tried wooing QB Colin Kaepernick

Kaepernick reportedly wanted a $20M plus salary to play in the AAF league and they apparently declined since he’s obviously not playing.
Old 02-15-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Fuck that nonsense. I don't want Hunt anywhere near my Bears. I dropped him immediately in my Fantasy league after news and video broke last year about him. That was before he was suspended. That jackass was my number one pick.
He kicked my ass in the regular season and glad I did not get to face him in the playoffs.

He went 2 straight months in 2017 without a TD or a 100 yards rushing so I avoided him in all of my drafts.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.