Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

The all-inclusive 2018-19 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The all-inclusive 2018-19 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Old 01-03-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The all-inclusive 2018-19 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Say what you will about the signing and perhaps some cynical reasons for the size of the fee, but the fact that the 25th largest transfer fee in the history of the sport (10th for the Premier League) was paid for an American is historic.

Hopefully this isn't a Bob Bradley moment. No pressure Christian, noooo pressure.
Old 01-04-19, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The all-inclusive 2018-19 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

one cm!

blah.

must keep dreaming.
Old 01-04-19, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
one cm!

blah.

must keep dreaming.
Sure thought it was a goal in live time.

I thought Henderson and especially Milner did you no favours in midfield. And with Bernardo and Fernandinho controlling in the middle, Wijnaldum was forced inside, exposing Trent Alexander, who was bad. I'd say he was the worst on the pitch, but you still have Lovren, so...

Still, the schedule favours you guys and four points is still a nice lead at this point of the season.
Old 01-04-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
Sure thought it was a goal in live time.

I thought Henderson and especially Milner did you no favours in midfield. And with Bernardo and Fernandinho controlling in the middle, Wijnaldum was forced inside, exposing Trent Alexander, who was bad. I'd say he was the worst on the pitch, but you still have Lovren, so...

Still, the schedule favours you guys and four points is still a nice lead at this point of the season.
I was annoyed Fabinho did not start the game.

Start Milner or Henderson. Never both.

Agreed on Alexander-Arnold and Lovren.
Old 01-04-19, 06:00 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Milner and Henderson do not work well together IMHO. And TAA was awful yesterday. Outside of the balls to Robertson he was bad. He might be ok going forward but I defensively he is poor.

Lovren - man I cannot tell you how much I dislike this guy. He is one of the poorest CBs around and he doesn't help his cause when he exclaims at the World Cup he is the best the defender in the world. What a tool.
Old 01-14-19, 02:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Still Top-
Going to Anfield next match! Can't wait.