Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2018

Old 10-07-18, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2018

Just beat my buddy to send him to 0-5. Every team he has played this year has scored over 150pts on him. He has complained about it a lot and would have a point if he hadn't scored 10pts below league average every week.

He has 5 black balloons and 5 black roses with a condolence card waiting for him at work tomorrow.
Old 10-07-18, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know how to remove baseball curses ... how the hell do you remove fantasy football curses?
Old 10-07-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I know how to remove baseball curses ... how the hell do you remove fantasy football curses?
You have to pickup and drop Amari Cooper.
Old 10-07-18, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
You have to pickup and drop Amari Cooper.
He’ll never hit the waiver wire in my league. I could offer a trade for LeVeon Bell!
Old 10-07-18, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Carson last week, Lamar Miller this week. Might as well be an absentee owner at this point.
Old 10-07-18, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Carson last week, Lamar Miller this week. Might as well be an absentee owner at this point.
if you followed any of the major guys on twitter, several said he may be active, but wasn't likely to play. that allowed me to handcuff him this AM with Blue and get some decent production out of it.
Old 10-08-18, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Join or play in multiple leagues so you win and lose some but you don't go away totally defeated.

A lot less QB fantasy points compared to week 5 though week 6 it might go up since most of the elite QBs have favorable matchups and in games with one good team against another bad team though Patriots vs Chiefs might be even.
Old 10-08-18, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m 4-1 after this week. I was doomed by a combined 1 point from my defense and kicker (Rams, and Gould). In fact if wasn’t for 20 from Adams and 18 from Gordon, I’d have had 40 something points. My opponent didn’t exactly dominate either, which makes it hurt more. I can’t wait til week 8 when both of my starting RB’s (Gordon, Elliott) have byes
Old 10-08-18, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I’m not having a good week either. I’m headed for my first loss this season.
Matthew Berry: “I see Ridley regressing but absolutely not this week.” He went onto say you’re crazy if you have him and don’t start him. 3.6 points later...
Old 10-08-18, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

I need 5 points for less from Lutz today for me to win a h2h league. I'm up in a PPR league with Thomas/Kamara going against Smith, so I should be OK there.
Old 10-08-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Matthew Berry: “I see Ridley regressing but absolutely not this week.” He went onto say you’re crazy if you have him and don’t start him. 3.6 points later...
Eh, I don't really care if these guys are paid to have opinions and get them wrong. In the end, they're just guessing like the rest of us, and it's really just for entertainment.

I will say that I was bold and smart enough to bench Ridley ... and start Cooper.

I also picked up Ricky "Six Targets, No Catches" Seals-Jones in my two Burton leagues and like nickdawgy got a bagel from Gould.

On the good side, I did pick up Cincinnati and Cleveland to replace the Saints defense, and I should finally pick up my first win in my primary league unless Ben Watson lights me up for 35 points.

In that same league, someone got -1 from Gould and lost by four (and had Crowell on the bench). One game is a two-point margin with AP and Chris Thompson playing against each other. And I picked up Enunwa after week 1, waived him last week then picked him up when I had an IR slot then this week dropped him for good. Someone grabbed him and started him and got a bagel.

Last edited by davidh777; 10-08-18 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-08-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I took a flyer on Seals-Jones too... the empty roster spot would've scored the same. At least he didn't fumble I guess.

I'm starting to hate Crowell. He's one of those guys where you have to be desperate to start him and you just hope that he has one of his decent games.
Old 10-08-18, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate Crowelll since he goes off when my opponent has him!

Lost in week 1 and week 5 because of that prick. I have Powell on my bench in a 14 team league and I never start him.
Old 10-08-18, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Fantastic that Kamara went to best back in the game to dumpster fire in the span of one game. Thanks Sean Peyton.
Old 10-08-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The fantasy schedule makers did me no favors. I lost to Kamara's owner last week and I'm on the verge of going down to Ingram's owner this week.
Old 10-09-18, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish Kamara had his monster game this week and not last week vs the Giants.

Brees could not throw one TD to Thomas and Kamara was MIA.

Maybe it was dumb to draft Kamara in the first round after this game.

Wish Brees got a chance to throw for his 500th TD and the difference between winning and losing.

I have a feeling this Taysom Hill prick is going to vulture TDs from Brees, Kamara, Ingram and Thomas and ruin fantasy teams for the rest of the year.
Old 10-09-18, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Maybe it was dumb to draft Kamara in the first round after this game.
Kamara and Ingram were both very productive when the Saints offense was humming down the stretch last season. I think the combination of Kamara being banged up, Ingram's 1st game back, and the fact that the Saints were always in control of game just added up to a night where Kamara didn't get a lot of use. Plus everyone can't be a fantasy monster every game. Well, except for Gurley (who helped hand one of my teams their first loss).

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I have a feeling this Taysom Hill prick is going to vulture TDs from Brees, Kamara, Ingram and Thomas and ruin fantasy teams for the rest of the year.
You've gotta love fantasy football. Here's a young man who's getting a chance to shine on a national stage. And outside New Orleans, his hometown, and his college town, the reaction he probably gets is "You vulturing prick!"
Old 10-09-18, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ugh ... a combination of guys on byes (Kamara, Ingram, K Johnson) and being injured (Breida, Ajayi) means I can't even field enough starters for next week. These are the guys projected by ESPN to score the most points (PPR):

Powell vs Indy
Crowell (who I stupidly dropped and probably have no chance getting back ) vs Indy
Clement @ Giants
Smallwood @ Giants
Hines @ Jets
Buck Allen @ Titans

Any suggestions? Crowell had the monster game, but if pattern holds he sucks this week. Sproles sounds like he'll be out again, meaning the two Eagles could be solid. Who's the guy with better long-term value? And in PPR, Hines and Allen have reasonably high floors.
Old 10-09-18, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I started both Ingram and Kamara in one of my leagues last year and rode them to the semifinals (damn Gurley). This year I drafted Antonio Brown at #5 and #6, but both times considered Barkley and Kamara. I love Kamara, but the lingering doubt of the timeshare kept me from pulling the trigger. Of course I felt like an idiot for the first few games of the year, but last night's game sure raised some eyebrows, especially since I've been sitting on Ingram in my primary league. I'm sure the gameflow was a big part of it, but any speculation that Ingram would be just left behind doesn't look so good right now.
Old 10-09-18, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Ugh ... a combination of guys on byes (Kamara, Ingram, K Johnson) and being injured (Breida, Ajayi) means I can't even field enough starters for next week. These are the guys projected by ESPN to score the most points (PPR):

Powell vs Indy
Crowell (who I stupidly dropped and probably have no chance getting back ) vs Indy
Clement @ Giants
Smallwood @ Giants
Hines @ Jets
Buck Allen @ Titans

Any suggestions? Crowell had the monster game, but if pattern holds he sucks this week. Sproles sounds like he'll be out again, meaning the two Eagles could be solid. Who's the guy with better long-term value? And in PPR, Hines and Allen have reasonably high floors.
There are a lot of options there. And by "options," I mean "desperation bye-week filler."

The guys who concern me are the Eagles because they seem to have a clear path to carries, but as someone who's already picked up and dropped Clement a couple times, I have doubts about whether he's healthy. Smallwood has shown some flashes, but he seems to be lower on the totem pole.

The Jets guys seem preferable, but I could see Hines and Allen providing 6 to 12 points in a pinch.
Old 10-09-18, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You've gotta love fantasy football. Here's a young man who's getting a chance to shine on a national stage. And outside New Orleans, his hometown, and his college town, the reaction he probably gets is "You vulturing prick!"
I slammed my hand on the dinner plate and grunted whenever he would come in the game

Maybe it will hurt Brees with Ingram back since he did not throw a lot of passes in 2017 with a conservative run first offense and his draft stock went down.
Old 10-10-18, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

League 1 (1-4): Finally won 133-102, helped greatly by my Steelers Brown and Conner, and not helped by Ricky Seals-Jones and Amari Cooper. With Conner, Yeldon, Ingram, and Freeman, I can feel good about benching Drake, but I'm sure I'll lose three of those guys to injuries/holdout returns soon anyway.

League 2 (3-2): Won 134.60-80.26 and am somehow leading the league in points scored. Picked up Jameis as an eventual replacement for Garoppolo in hopes that I won't need to rely on Alex Smith.

League 3 (2-3): Lost 126.12-89.70, and the team that felt like my strongest a couple weeks ago is now looking pretty threadbare. Dalvin Cook and Jerick McKinnon have made Dion Lewis my RB1, and I even have Duke Johnson on my roster. EDIT: Just dropped Duke.
Old 10-10-18, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ever have one of those teams where you made the wrong call on pretty much every draft pick? In a PPR league, after starting with Kamara and Julio (who still needs a TD, dammit! ) my next picks were these losers (don't remember the exact draft order):

Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, Doug Baldwin, Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi

Nailed it! Miraculously that team is 4-1, but mainly because Kamara is carrying my ass (and I've been a little lucky with matchups).
Old 10-10-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I need help

Will Fuller vs. Buffalo
Emmanuel Sanders vs. Rams
Sanu vs. Bucs

Phillip Lindsay vs. Rams
Shady vs. Houston
Cohen vs. Miami

Need 1 WR, 1 RB and 1 Flex from this group.
Old 10-10-18, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Ever have one of those teams where you made the wrong call on pretty much every draft pick? In a PPR league, after starting with Kamara and Julio (who still needs a TD, dammit! ) my next picks were these losers (don't remember the exact draft order):

Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, Doug Baldwin, Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi

Nailed it! Miraculously that team is 4-1, but mainly because Kamara is carrying my ass (and I've been a little lucky with matchups).
Fitz and Cooper were on my avoid list after 2017.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.