Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2018 Auction Draft Fantasy Football League

Old 08-15-18, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: 2018 Auction Draft Fantasy Football League

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
I'm just now catching up and responded to PM. Don't wait for me, I'm swamped right now and won't be able to learn how to do an auction draft OR have the time to invest in one right now.

Have fun without me.
I sent you money back via PayPal. Thanks for trying.
Old 08-16-18, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thursday update. We are coming down to the wire. Haven't heard from axeramm-Blackjack Bruisers yet. He is partially paid but the only one that hasn't agreed to $55 buy-in. He would make the 11th owner and we would still need 1 more which could be Daryl or David777? Daryl says he wants back in but haven't received payment. David777 is still considering? Will give until Saturday. If don't have payments from last two owners then we will move forward with the 10 that we have full payments from and I'll adjust the prize pool.
Old 08-18-18, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll give this a bump. Last day to join. We need one more person for a twelve team league. Draft is tomorrow.
Old 08-18-18, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LAST UPDATE: I have sent one and final message to both Axeramm and Daryl. If I don't have payments by both ($55 Daryl/$30 Axeramm) tonight then I will refund axeramm's $25 and we will run as a league of 10. I will have to adjust payouts as well.

I'm still holding out hope that we will make it to 12. Also, if David777 or anyone else wants to play, now is the time. First two people I receive $55 from will be last two owners. Let's bring it home fellas.
Old 08-19-18, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Never heard anything after multiple PM's and emails to Daryl and Axeramm. Daryl had not paid so no refund was needed. Axeramm had paid $25 so I just sent that back to him this morning.

We are a league of 10 teams. I just adjusted the payout structure to reflect the reduced pot and owners.

We will keep it as 6 playoff spots for this year but can adjust moving forward. Looking forward to the draft fellas!
Old 08-19-18, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry I couldn't help this year. The combination of factors just didn't work for me. Have a good year!
Old 08-19-18, 07:44 PM

It took me an hour and 45 mins this year. Faster than last year.
Old 08-19-18, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
It took me an hour and 45 mins this year. Faster than last year.
Only 10 players helped speed.
Old 08-20-18, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the first time ever I had to auto-draft, ended up with Rodgers, Julio, Gurley and David Johnson. Guess I should auto-draft more often.
Old 08-20-18, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by outcastja View Post
For the first time ever I had to auto-draft, ended up with Rodgers, Julio, Gurley and David Johnson. Guess I should auto-draft more often.
Your team had about $10 left after those 4 picks.
Old 08-20-18, 10:18 AM

I spent way too much money on RBs and my WRs are very weak as a result...
Old 08-20-18, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I spent way too much money on RBs and my WRs are very weak as a result...
I have Fournette, but after that my stellar RB group is Lynch, Johnson Jr and Ronald Jones.
Old 08-20-18, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Your team had about $10 left after those 4 picks.
Yeah it's the complete opposite of my auction strategy which is why I never end up with tier 1 talent cause I'm too cheap and I wait for bargains. Now I have tier 1 talent in 4 positions and shit for the rest. Hopefully it's get me further than my previous efforts.
Old 08-20-18, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by outcastja View Post
Yeah it's the complete opposite of my auction strategy which is why I never end up with tier 1 talent cause I'm too cheap and I wait for bargains. Now I have tier 1 talent in 4 positions and shit for the rest. Hopefully it's get me further than my previous efforts.
Open to trading one of Gurley or Johnson so your team isn't so reliant on 4 guys and you have a better bench?
Old 08-20-18, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
I have Fournette, but after that my stellar RB group is Lynch, Johnson Jr and Ronald Jones.
I have McCaffrey, Kamara, Howard, Ingram, Penny, and Michel. My Wrs are Diggs, Watkins, Woods, and Garcon....
Old 09-05-18, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am aware that Fat Cats dropped his entire roster. I will be placing his players back on his team and locking access until I can find out why.
Old 09-05-18, 02:20 PM

If it comes down to it, we may just have to set his roster to whoever is projected to score the most points. That would be the fairest way if he's out.
Old 09-05-18, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not interested in being in a league with a bunch of conservatives who don't have the balls to make a trade or only are willing to make trades that are lopsided in their favor. No one is willing to share the risk. Trades should be balanced and fair. It's extremely frustrating offering a fair trade only to get rejected and countered with someone's bench fodder. Fuck that.

Thought if I'm not going to use the players, might as well let them fight over them.
Old 09-05-18, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
I'm not interested in being in a league with a bunch of conservatives who don't have the balls to make a trade or only are willing to make trades that are lopsided in their favor. No one is willing to share the risk. Trades should be balanced and fair. It's extremely frustrating offering a fair trade only to get rejected and countered with someone's bench fodder. Fuck that.

Thought if I'm not going to use the players, might as well let them fight over them.
All players are back on your team. I have control because Iím not wasting another hour of my day on this again. Your players are all back and roster set. Didnít want you to go and delete everyone again. Stop putting the blame on others, you have no one to blame but yourself.

We can discuss as a league how to proceed for week 2 but this move today and the messages youíve sent out are not acceptable.
Old 09-05-18, 03:29 PM

We should just let the commish set the lineup and start whoever has the highest projections that week. If it comes down to it, just add me as co-commish and I'll do it.
Old 09-05-18, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by amplified View Post
All players are back on your team. I have control because Iím not wasting another hour of my day on this again. Your players are all back and roster set. Didnít want you to go and delete everyone again. Stop putting the blame on others, you have no one to blame but yourself.

We can discuss as a league how to proceed for week 2 but this move today and the messages youíve sent out are not acceptable.
I'm sorry Mr. Starkley, it won't happen again

Your patronization is sickening.
Old 09-05-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
I'm sorry Mr. Starkley, it won't happen again

Your patronization is sickening.
Not patronizing so not sure the need for that comment.

We are all adults and there was no need for your reaction. Like I said in my email, I volunteer to commish this league. Iím married, have a full time career, have four kids, and go to school full time. I shouldnít have to spend my afternoon dealing with this. I get that you are upset that McKinnon got hurt. You sent an email out to everyone about it. You got offers from at least 3-5 people in response, didnít like them and then insulted their offers. Those owners reached out to me but they didnít want to make it a big deal so I ignored your outbursts. Then you delete your entire team today. Now you come to the thread to blame other owners for your actions.

Take some accountability. Donít send rude PMs to me because you deleted your whole team.

Youíve been a multi year owner and donít know why you are lashing out at people.

Last edited by amplified; 09-05-18 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-05-18, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lol he was talking shit during the draft, too. Telling me I was spending too much and asking me how well my plans worked out in years before. Such a snarky attitude. While I can agree that some owners make laughable trade offers, just don’t accept them.

Be a man, dude. Stop whining. So you got a starter out for the year. I had David Johnson go down after what three or four plays last year? It happens. Deal with it.
Old 09-05-18, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If possible, I'd be willing to take over his team.
Old 09-05-18, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
If possible, I'd be willing to take over his team.
Your welcome to see his roster first before you make a decision. Thank you for offering.

Does anyone have a problem with this? In this case I would have you pay Fat Cats his entry fee.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.