Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

2018 Auction Draft Fantasy Football League

Old 08-11-18, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: 2018 Auction Draft Fantasy Football League

Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
sorry - forgot about this league. Hadn't checked the board. If my spot is still open I can rejoin. If not, my bad.
Yes- you are welcome to a spot.

I don’t know what to have you send yet. Your welcome to send $55 and I can refund you if I can’t get agreement from everyone.
Old 08-11-18, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We now have 10 confirmed owners. Still hoping for 2 more but we can run with this. Maybe David77 and KenBuzz will join as well?

Please let me know if everyone wants to do bigger pot since I have $55 from most of you or if you want $30 refund
Old 08-11-18, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As I said before I’m down for the $55 Buy in.
Old 08-11-18, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm OK with the combined pot
Old 08-11-18, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If we all agree to the $55 buy in, could we do a $10 weekly award to the highest scorer each week of the regular season?
Old 08-12-18, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So is the current proposal to fold the Legends Keeper league and just run the auction league for a combined $55 pot? My concern is that having never played auction before, I’d just be donating my fees to the league.
Old 08-12-18, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
So is the current proposal to fold the Legends Keeper league and just run the auction league for a combined $55 pot? My concern is that having never played auction before, I’d just be donating my fees to the league.
I think you'll be fine. I made it to the Championship Game my first year ever being in this Auction league. Also, last year I spent half of my budget on OBJ and Jay Ajayi, but I still finished third in the regular season and made the playoffs due to picking up Kamara and Robby Anderson on the waiver wire. Some people end up with some strange roster combinations since they spend the majority of their budget on 2 or 3 players....

Last edited by lwhy?; 08-12-18 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-12-18, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with lwhy. You know what players that you want to target. As you draft, it will show you an estimated value based how each player would rank on ESPN.

The real learning curve is for new fantasy players, no so much, new to auction style. If you are down, we would love to have you. If not, I'll send back your buy in for Legends. Just please let me know either way.
Old 08-12-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Isn’t it kind of a moot point anyway since you have 10 players? I’ll consider it if you get an 11th.
Old 08-12-18, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Isn’t it kind of a moot point anyway since you have 10 players? I’ll consider it if you get an 11th.
You are welcome to join as of now. I only have payments from 9 players so you could be 10 and if Daryl pays he is 11 and I have reached out to 3 other players to make it 12.

I have one friend in my back pocket that could fill in to make 12 in a pinch if needed.

Send $55 to avidsd at gmail dot com if you are down.
Old 08-13-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My buddy committed and is now paid. He has been in league before. We have now 10 owners Paid with Daryl and possibly David777 expressing interest in making it 12.

Also reached out to BearFan KenBuzz and Dvdjosh to see about last few spots. First come first serve at this point.
Old 08-13-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok- just updated OP with new prize structure.

I've heard from everyone that has paid except these three regarding $55 buy-in but will assume that they are ok with it as well.

WD Forte- Obey The D- Paid
I Know Nothing- Outcastja Paid
axeramm-Blackjack Bruisers PAID (need $30)

These are the possible 11th and 12th owners. Daryl says he's back but just needs to pay. I've reached out to everyone else. Once again, first to pay gets the last two spots at this point.

Daryl
David777
Da Punisher 611
DVD Josh
KenBuzz
BearFan

I'm excited about having weekly winners and an MVP prize. Would love to hear others thoughts as well and we can make some minor tweaks if needed.
Old 08-13-18, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just curious can we combine aspects from both leagues? I never played a dynasty/keeper league before, so I was looking forward to doing that in the other league and I like auction over snake drafting. And I'm fine with the $55 donation.
Old 08-13-18, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by outcastja View Post
Just curious can we combine aspects from both leagues? I never played a dynasty/keeper league before, so I was looking forward to doing that in the other league and I like auction over snake drafting. And I'm fine with the $55 donation.
I was looking forward to it too. After all, I had David Johnson and LeVeon Bell as my keepers so I was in great shape. Hated to abandon it but just couldn’t find owners in time.

It seemed to be what made it hard to fill open spots though. I thought about combining both but I’ve have been scrambling for weeks to just get one league filled. I also enlisted lwhy to help in my search for owners. He posted at another site and asked coworkers as well. His sense was the same. No one wanted to join an existing “keeper” league.

Maybe next year we can discuss having “keepers” again. If we did, I think maybe just one would be better to maintain interest.
Old 08-15-18, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mid week update. I’ve heard nothing and received no payments from the 6 below. They were either in the league last year, on the waitlist or in the Legends league and were possible for this one. As of now, we have 10 paid which means we can move forward. I’m still holding out hope that two of the people below will step up and join us. I know Daryl said he was back but haven’t heard from him since. We will need a second owner of Daryl is indeed back. Once again, first payments gets the two open spots.

Daryl
David777
Da Punisher 611
DVD Josh
KenBuzz
BearFan

Also, if we run with 10, I will have to adjust the prize pool. For now, I’ll leave it alone.
Old 08-15-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got PM FROM Bearfan and he says he’s back and he’s sending payment! Once I get payment, that makes 11. Just need one more.
Old 08-15-18, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've won 2 years in a row, so I think you know where I stand on the combined buy-in.
Old 08-15-18, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bearfan just paid! Thanks.

We now have 10 fully paid and one who still owes $30. Just need one more person to step up.
Old 08-15-18, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Isn't the draft set for 4 days from now? I think you need to make a deadline of two days for these things to happen, or it turns into a 10 team league. Refund the other person whatever they paid already.
Old 08-15-18, 01:21 PM

I think you can wait until Saturday. That would give you a few more days. If no one else steps up then you can just refund and make it a ten team league.
Old 08-15-18, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by amplified View Post
My buddy committed and is now paid. He has been in league before. We have now 10 owners Paid with Daryl and possibly David777 expressing interest in making it 12.

Also reached out to BearFan KenBuzz and Dvdjosh to see about last few spots. First come first serve at this point.
I'm just now catching up and responded to PM. Don't wait for me, I'm swamped right now and won't be able to learn how to do an auction draft OR have the time to invest in one right now.

Have fun without me.
Old 08-15-18, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm still considering it, but in addition to the concerns previously mentioned, I have out-of-town guests and my wife's birthday on Sunday so I'm not sure I'd be able to do the auction. I know someone mentioned there's an auto function but don't know if I'd want to do that.
Old 08-15-18, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Auto draft sucks. You don’t want that.

By the way, since I more or less suggested the whole up the prizes thing, I should be the real MVP. Lol.
Old 08-15-18, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Isn't the draft set for 4 days from now? I think you need to make a deadline of two days for these things to happen, or it turns into a 10 team league. Refund the other person whatever they paid already.
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I think you can wait until Saturday. That would give you a few more days. If no one else steps up then you can just refund and make it a ten team league.
Yes^^

This is my plan. Since draft order doesn't matter I will keep looking to fill the league to 12. Worst case, we run with 10 and I refund the 11th owner.
Old 08-15-18, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Auto draft sucks. You don’t want that.

By the way, since I more or less suggested the whole up the prizes thing, I should be the real MVP. Lol.
Honorary MVP goes to nickdawgy. Prize= 0 Self Pride= Priceless

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.