Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 11-19-18, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian View Post

Seems Ronda has worn out her welcome with the crowd
I was interested in seeing Rhonda come in but they way they had her go over Bliss just turned my off completely. I have no desire to see a female Lesner (and very little desire to see the male). Hopefully this is their attempt to correct that initial booking decision.
Old 11-19-18, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

God, her Twitter game is amazing. Now I want to see WWE show film some footage of her beating up random people at the super market

Last edited by stingermck; 11-19-18 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-19-18, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They're going to ruin it...they always do. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 11-19-18, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Big Show had Floyd Mayweather break his nose, so he 'nose' what he's talking about.
Old 11-20-18, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
They're going to ruin it...they always do. Enjoy it while you can.
So true. Never get your hopes up for the booking.
Old 11-20-18, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm shocked shocked nobody mentioned ex WCW champion David Arquette nearly bleeding to death in a death match

the footage is on the twitter for those that dare
Old 11-21-18, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea that was fucked up. WTH is he doing that for?
Old 11-21-18, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was watching Jake the Snake Roberts on the Joe Rogan Podcast and he had a funny story about Andre the Giant. When he was younger and coming up, he went out with Andre one night on the town. Andre told him to get 2 cases of beer, as Jake thought that would hold them the weekend. He said Andre drank all 48 beers THAT night, as he couldn't believe it!

Then he said he was out with Andre and another wrestler one night at a bar, and some college kids were talking shit to Andre at another table (he thinks they didn't know who he was as they were mocking the way he looked), so he ran after them and turned over their car!
Old 11-21-18, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah that interview was absolutely amazing. Jake has lived an unbelievable life. I could listen to him talk forever.
Old 11-27-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Apparently, James Ellsworth sent nude pics and video to a 16 year old girl and now everyone who booked him is cancelling his appearances. Basically killed his career for being a dumbass.
Old 11-27-18, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah that came out a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...JX4X-uA2jHt1y0
Old 11-27-18, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It seems the newest social media controversy is with the soon-to-be-called-up Lars Sullivan (teaser spots aired on RAW yesterday). It seems he has quite the discussion forum track record of being a white supremacist. I'm not talking a slur or inappropriate joke here or there (not that they're ok). But lengthy repeated posts pretty much hitting on all the key debate points of white supremacy (of the sort you'd see by leadership and propaganda of that movement). They weren't a youthful indiscretion since they were happening right up until he was signed by WWE a few years ago (when he was 26).
Old 11-27-18, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
It seems the newest social media controversy is with the soon-to-be-called-up Lars Sullivan (teaser spots aired on RAW yesterday). It seems he has quite the discussion forum track record of being a white supremacist. I'm not talking a slur or inappropriate joke here or there (not that they're ok). But lengthy repeated posts pretty much hitting on all the key debate points of white supremacy (of the sort you'd see by leadership and propaganda of that movement). They weren't a youthful indiscretion since they were happening right up until he was signed by WWE a few years ago (when he was 26).
If this is true, then fuck him. Hope he gets released for being a racist prick. WWE should have done their homework before signing him and now promoting him to the main roster. No wrestler should want to get in the ring with him at all.
Old 11-27-18, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 12-05-18, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dynamite Kid passed away

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tom-d...n-passes-away/
Old 12-05-18, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Before the time of the internet, before I saw any of his pre WWF work, and before I knew what kind of dick he was backstage Dynamite was my favorite. Sort of sad that we missed most of his best work just because it was available to us at the time, and he's not featured on the network. Hopefully that changes now and people will get to see just how great he was in the ring.
Old 12-05-18, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The British Bulldogs probably get in the HOF now so Vince doesn't have to see Dynamite Kid on stage. From everything I read he was a pretty bad guy but certainly suffered a lot for the last couple of decades. He did seem to develop at least come sort of relationship with Davey Boy Smith Jr towards the end so that was at least something positive.
Old 12-05-18, 08:44 AM

Felt the same as you guys. I was a huge fan of Dynamite up until the release of his book and the interviews he gave with CNN and other networks in which he admitted to being a horrible person. I got a feeling that his refusal to accept help in the last 15 years was more about penance than anything else.

Wrestling wise, Dynamite had one of the biggest impacts in wrestling as he influenced the crop of cruiserweights that wanted to move to the heavyweight division. People like Chris Benoit, Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Daniel Bryan and many, many others, were certainly influenced by Dynamite's in-ring work.

I still don't know if Dynamite will join the HOF as a regular featured superstar. I think Davey Boy will go in by himself and the Dynamite will join the HOF on the Legacy wing, so there's no one on the podium that will talk about him.
Old 12-05-18, 09:22 AM

Old 12-05-18, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone explain to me what Ambrose is doing with his character? He's some kind of germphobe? I'm not getting it.
Old 12-05-18, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Can someone explain to me what Ambrose is doing with his character? He's some kind of germphobe? I'm not getting it.
All I know is that RAW has been more horseshit than usual since SummerSlam and it's showing in the ratings. I know that Rousey is famous and all, but she still green as hell and for some fucking reason Vince expects her to carry the show. Not even Kurt Angle during his rookie year was put in that position. And even Goldberg in WCW had more seasoning before he was thrown to the wolves.

This is exactly what happens when Vince puts all his eggs in Roman and depends on old stars and part timers like Brock, Triple H and Taker to be main attractions while the rest of the locker room is stuck in 50/50 booking and bad storylines.
Old 12-05-18, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A part of the Problem with Raw is ............the best guys are all on Smackdown. Miz and Bryan are still awesome when you overbook them,Samoa Joe has lost every major feud since joining WWE yet their is still someone who carries himself like he could be world champion and I am enjoying his feud with Hardy despite where they are on the card. And AJ is still Super Over with casuals and hardcore fan's despite the never ending word title reign in 2017-2018 . Whether it's the Big Dawg or Lashley or Corbin,or Drew Mac these big guys Vince is trying to make the face of a Brand just ain't cutting the mustard and have no business being a top face on a promo heavy show. They seemed to have it write with how they booked Braun but it's clear they aint gonna elevate him to a Roman/Brock level and just see him as the Monster someone goes over like a final video game boss.
Old 12-05-18, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 12-06-18, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
A part of the Problem with Raw is ............the best guys are all on Smackdown. Miz and Bryan are still awesome when you overbook them,Samoa Joe has lost every major feud since joining WWE yet their is still someone who carries himself like he could be world champion and I am enjoying his feud with Hardy despite where they are on the card. And AJ is still Super Over with casuals and hardcore fan's despite the never ending word title reign in 2017-2018 . Whether it's the Big Dawg or Lashley or Corbin,or Drew Mac these big guys Vince is trying to make the face of a Brand just ain't cutting the mustard and have no business being a top face on a promo heavy show. They seemed to have it write with how they booked Braun but it's clear they aint gonna elevate him to a Roman/Brock level and just see him as the Monster someone goes over like a final video game boss.
Meanwhile they have Rollins who is good on the mic and outstanding in the ring in addition to being over with the crowd. Move AJ over to Raw after his feud with Bryan is over and have he and Rollins feud over the Universal title. Won't happen but it should.
Old 12-06-18, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to the Wrestletalk website Larry (The Axe) Hennig has passed away. He was 82 years old. Mostly known for performing in the AWA and the father of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig.

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 12-06-18 at 02:40 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.