Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 11-13-18, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Update --

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey is off Sunday's PPV.

Noooooooooooooooooo

they could have someone replace her and then becky cost ronda the match. keep the heat
Old 11-13-18, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used to defend Nia Jax but if she's going to be so careless and cost WWE and Becky tons of money, then she needs to be sent back down to the training center. Nia is reminding me of Mabel and how his reckless moves and strikes injured the likes of Taker and Kevin Nash back in the mid 90s
Old 11-13-18, 08:08 PM

I would have preferred to see Asuka face Rousey, but Flair is good too. It may also mean that we'll see Rousey vs Lynch at Wrestlemania.
Old 11-13-18, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully Becky comes in and cost Ronda the match. And maybe lays hands on Flair too.
Old 11-13-18, 09:12 PM

Well is Daniel vs Brock now, but that Bryan heel turn went as well as a fart in church. Doesn't Vince understand that no one wants to boo Daniel Bryan?
Old 11-14-18, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Well is Daniel vs Brock now, but that Bryan heel turn went as well as a fart in church. Doesn't Vince understand that no one wants to boo Daniel Bryan?
he didn't learn from Becky Lynch, and rusev why would he learn from Daniel Bryan

Thanks
Old 11-14-18, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Unless it broke her nose, that misplaced Nia Jax elbow just took that whole thing over the top. It made Becky look like a total bad ass.
It wasn't an elbow, it was a punch. Nia Jax can't work, period.
Old 11-14-18, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Daniel Bryan is a modern day Ricky Steamboat. Under no circumstances whatsoever should he EVER be a heel.

(the comparison was about being the consumate babyface, but I feel like I should also mention he's as good a worker as Steamboat too.)
Old 11-14-18, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have preferred to see Asuka face Rousey, but Flair is good too. It may also mean that we'll see Rousey vs Lynch at Wrestlemania.
I've been holding out hope since her debut that Ronda and Charlotte would Main Event Wrestlemania 35. But I knew that if we saw that match happen before then that it probably wouldn't main event Mania. But now with how hot Lynch is I'm wondering if we could see THAT get the last match go ahead for Mania.
Old 11-14-18, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Daniel Bryan is a modern day Ricky Steamboat. Under no circumstances whatsoever should he EVER be a heel.

(the comparison was about being the consumate babyface, but I feel like I should also mention he's as good a worker as Steamboat too.)
his gimmick is stale as fuck. He doesnt want to pander to the crowd anymore. His wife turning heel was a symbol that he too will be turning.

He just wants to wrestle. He doesnt want to do anything else. Please AJ needed the belt off of him. He doesnt need the belt.

Frankly, a heel Daniel Bryan is better than a face Daniel bryan

As for Becky Lynch, this is the best thing to happen to her. They can now milk the match for Wrestlemania the same way they milked Austin vs Michaels. a better way to tell the story. Becky is possibly the best thing happening to the ladies division right now.
Old 11-14-18, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno, I'm torn. While I understand the move to Charlotte vs Rhonda (shitty that we get no build but with the injury I get it)... Bryan vs Lesner is a match I really wanted to see but NOT with a heel Bryan. He needed to be an Uber over face going into that match to upend the man who's been played up as a beast.

Heel vs Heel not as fascinating and, to be honest, I do feel they dropped the ball with Bryan's return thus far. He should be as over as he was at peak and a man coming out of retirement after an injury should have been a big underdog story...not a cheat to win / typical heel shit story.
Old 11-14-18, 08:52 AM

The worst part of all this is that the switch to Bryan was made so AJ didn't have to lose to Brock 2 years in a row, which says more about how ridiculous booking is that Vince over protects the part time Lesnar instead of getting his workhorses over to at least HBK levels.
Old 11-14-18, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
He just wants to wrestle. He doesnt want to do anything else. Please AJ needed the belt off of him. He doesnt need the belt.
I disagree. To be "the face that runs the place" he needs the belt on him. He's the best thing going on the SD roster and taking the belt off of him devalues him a great deal. If you're going to beat Styles and Samoa Joe feud was the spot to do it in IMO. A heel champ in Bryan and a face chaser in Styles I don't think will work.

That said I'm all for a heel Bryan cause he was floundering since his return.
Old 11-14-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A heel Bryan and against Lesnar actually makes Survivor Series interesting, WWE actually did something right for a change.
Old 11-14-18, 01:51 PM

It's amazing that we're getting two dream match-ups (Lesnar vs Bryan and Flair vs Rousey) with absolutely zero build-up.
Old 11-14-18, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
It's amazing that we're getting two dream match-ups (Lesnar vs Bryan and Flair vs Rousey) with absolutely zero build-up.
And in we will probably see the wrong persons win. And in the bigger picture, Vince is just saying that the UFC MMA fighters are better and tougher than anyone on the WWE roster.

By the way, Becky Lynch is killing it on Twitter

Old 11-14-18, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And in we will probably see the wrong persons win. And in the bigger picture, Vince is just saying that the UFC MMA fighters are better and tougher than anyone on the WWE roster.

By the way, Becky Lynch is killing it on Twitter

she is the best thing going today for the womens division... im telling you she is bringing attitude and its awesome
Old 11-14-18, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn Becky!!! Gah!! I love it.
Old 11-14-18, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I disagree. To be "the face that runs the place" he needs the belt on him. He's the best thing going on the SD roster and taking the belt off of him devalues him a great deal. If you're going to beat Styles and Samoa Joe feud was the spot to do it in IMO. A heel champ in Bryan and a face chaser in Styles I don't think will work.

That said I'm all for a heel Bryan cause he was floundering since his return.
AJ was getting stale as champ. I agree he's great but taking the belt off him opens him up to a lot more. Royal Rumble, MITB and a move to Raw are open for him and could work in his favor. I agree that he shouldn't chase Daniel Bryan for too long. A rematch at TLC is all we need.

I agree about heel DB. Them running back the same face gimmick wasn't working. This heel run already seems a lot different than his last heel run oh so long ago. I have faith that Bryan can make it work. It'll be especially interesting if this is coupled with a Miz face turn.

Sucks about Becky -- she's been incredible and I hope a concussion doesn't keep her out too long. My guess is that the little hug Becky gave Charlotte is to set up a 4 Horsewomen match. I wouldn't be surprised to see some shenanigans involving Shayna Baszler at Survivor Series.
Old 11-14-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still going!

Ronda Rousey
4 mins ∑

Sucker punched? I’m gunna skip past the blatant hypocrisy of the chick who literally ambushed me with my pants down in the locker room and hit me with a chair while
my back was turned complaining about getting blindsided and point out something else extremely obvious. You were punching Nia in the back of the head and she turned around and laid you out with one half closed fist. �� You had the jump on all of us at #Raw and walked out with a broken face and a severe concussion acting like you’re the biggest badass on earth. And the next day YOU backed out of our match. That’s some #BackwardsBullshitBecky We both know you came to Raw looking for a reason to back out. Keep clutching your Dr’s note, in the meantime I’ll proving to the world @charlottewwe bleeds red just like everyone else. #RondaVsCharlotte #SurvivorSeries #Nov18
Old 11-14-18, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Still going!
this is what the WWE needs. Building off of the new landscape and making people want to watch to see what happens. this is brilliant
Old 11-15-18, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rumour going now is that the E is going to hold off on Becky vs Rousey for Main Event at Mania...and if they don't mess it up and this build continues for the next couple of months then that could be one hell of a capper if Lynch stays hot!
Old 11-15-18, 08:52 PM

Old 11-16-18, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is so awesome and what wrestling has needed for so long. How awesome is it, that it's the Women's division doing it!
For like the past month or so, it seems more and more like we might be heading into a new 'Attitude Era' and I hope it leads to that. As soon as Vince is gone, I bet we see it more and more.
Old 11-16-18, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.