Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Old 04-06-18, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

Did WWE just used a TNA clip for the WWE Network promo for the Hardy's documentary?
Old 04-06-18, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And I just saw that Something To Wrestle with Bruce Prichard is going to be part of the WWE Network!
Old 04-06-18, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 04-06-18, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see that the Prichard show is called Something Else to Wrestle, which I imagine won't have Conrad and will be most likely PG

Old 04-06-18, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone else watching Impact vs. LU or any of the other indie shows this weekend?
Old 04-06-18, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Paige has seriously fucked up her face.
Old 04-07-18, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
El Santo is SO important to pro wrestling history that it's kind of an insult that they're just throwing him into the legacy wing and not giving him a full on induction.
They did the same thing with Lou Thesz, who is as important as ANYONE in history of pro wrestling, so its not surprising.
Old 04-07-18, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All this talk about Vince and Dana being on good terms. 2 things.

Dana White isn't the Vince McMahon of MMA anymore. He's more like the Eric Bischoff of MMA. Maybe even less than Bischoff. He's basically the face of the ownership, but he owns next to nothing of the company and he doesn't have final call on any big decision. The better question would be what kind of relationship do Vince McMahon and Ari Emanuel have, as Ari is more like the Ted Turner of MMA.

Secondly, my first point is moot, because I don't think there is a person on this planet (besides maybe his immediate family) that Vince wouldn't sell down the river for his own personal gain.
Old 04-07-18, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 04-07-18, 07:27 PM

Who’s watching NXT?

This ladder match is crazy.
Old 04-07-18, 07:46 PM

Adam Cole Bay Bay!

Awesome match.
Old 04-07-18, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome match indeed.

In other news, Alberto del Rio has been fired by Impact Wrestling after missing the show yesterday and some promotional stuff today. Del Rio has to be one of the most unprofessional people I've ever seen in the business. He's his own worst enemy.
Old 04-07-18, 10:07 PM

Excellent main event.

I loved the crowd chanting "You Deserve It" when Ciampa got powerbombed on the concrete.

This feud is a perfect example of why NXT is so much better than WWE. No match at WM will have that much emotion.
Old 04-07-18, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You could see the Roderick Strong turn coming a mile away. No way they were putting the belts back on AoP or Strong/Dunne. Still I marked out when it actually happened.

The ladder match was insane. I don't really enjoy that many people in a match and the need to try to keep upping the impact. That said these guy brought it and I couldn't have been happier to see Cole win it.

Almas is just so damn good. I didn't see it when they put the belt on him but man can he go. I'm not a big fan of Black so hopefully his reign won't be long.

Ciampa is a text book example of how you make a heel. If Cornette was watching current wrestling even her would agree I think.
Old 04-07-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just a great Takeover card all around. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wonder how Angle felt during Jarrett’s HOF speech when he thanked Karen.......
Old 04-08-18, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
I loved the crowd chanting "You Deserve It" when Ciampa got powerbombed on the concrete.
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Ciampa is a text book example of how you make a heel. If Cornette was watching current wrestling even her would agree I think.
It was very nice to hear the crowd to give Ciampa a 100% heel response. NXT audiences seem to give the heels at least dueling cheers with the faces, and that would've detracted from this match.

Cornette still watches current wrestling. I'm sure he'll talk about this during his weekly podcast.

I reupped for the Network for a live watch of Wrestlemania tomorrow. I figure I already got my money's worth with Takeover. Tomorrow's just gravy. The running time is awfully daunting though. Looking at the schedule, it looks like 5 hours of "main" show with 2 hours of preshow (on which I suppose a few matches will take place). I've found that 3 hours is about my limit of wrestling in one shot before I start to get bored.
Old 04-08-18, 02:08 AM

1) Paige is too far gone. I remember seeing her hefting with stone cold on his 'podcast' a year back and she was snarky, flirty, cute and the future...Wtf?

Nxt was great, as always. Ladder match was a great spot feat. Dream is getting better and better. Dudes got the best elbow drop since macho man, which isn't hyperbole.

I'm a huge fan of Black. Something about his aesthetic strikes me as early undertaker-esp. Happy to see his win.

Gargano and Ciampa was amazing storytelling. Kudos to hHh for being the mind behind his promotion.

I follow wrestling every week but watch only a few times a year. Tonight's nxt show got me excited. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 04-08-18, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Takeover last night was awesome, better than Mania will be tonight by far. It opened strong and ended just as strong. I wonder if Cien's defeat means he's going up to the main roster soon? If so, they need to let Vega be his mouthpiece as she is in NXT and not try to obsess over him learning and speaking English so he can do promos. Asuka and Nakamura have proven that you don't need those to get over with the crowds.
Old 04-08-18, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edytwinky View Post
I wonder how Angle felt during Jarrett’s HOF speech when he thanked Karen.......
Kinda forgot that Jeff married Karen. I knew her and Kurt divorced though. Probably has to be awkward but maybe they’re on decent terms as he wished Kurt and Rhonda luck in their match.

Pretty decent speech by Jeff. I didn’t watch the Hall of Fame on the Network but found it on YouTube. The Hall of Fame is one of the only WWE things I pay attention to usually. It’s cool seeing the wrestlers from days past again for another night and not as their normal in ring personas.
Old 04-08-18, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am thinking Strowman's mystery partner will be Samoa Joe. I also think that rather than have DB lose in his return, he will turn on Shane and inadvertently get Zayn and Owens over as faces.
Old 04-08-18, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I assumed the partner was going to be Elias but I haven't watched in a few weeks so I'm not sure if they've given any hints.
Old 04-08-18, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is Bray Wyatt completely out of Wrestlemania?
Old 04-08-18, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Is Bray Wyatt completely out of Wrestlemania?
just answered minutes ago
Old 04-08-18, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
just answered minutes ago
Yeah, saw that. Weird seeing so many wrestlers who could be in the main show participating in the battle royal. Ziggler, Hardy, Bray, Baron Corbin, Kane and Shelton Benjamin could have pit together a good Money in the Bank match
Old 04-08-18, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Roster is just so huge, even with a 5 hour “main” show there just isn’t enough room (even for some really good guys). Battle Royals play a nice role letting everyone be on the show. And they’re fast paced enough to make good matches to kick things off.

I haven’t been following 205Live ... are Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali really their top guys for a showcase Wrestlemania match? Ali’s costume and entrance was pretty cool though.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.