DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread.

RIP Johnny Valiant

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/597661...er-dead-truck/
Old 04-05-18, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
It may be just on my end, but I think this has been the worst buildup for WrestleMania that I can remember. Between all the pointing of the sign to John Cena whining and crying every week, it's been nerve racking to say the least.
Here’s what I want to see at this point: Cena goes to the ring at some point during Wrestlemania to whine more about Undertaker. Then the gong hits, Taker walks to ring, chokeslam, tombstone piledriver, pin. Taker gets the mic and says “Are you happy now, John?” and exits
Old 04-05-18, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't Johnny Valiant and Vince McMahon go to High School together and that's how he got into the wrestling business?

Valiant Brothers very underrated.

Great stuff on All-Star Wrestling(WWE Network) concerning Valiant Brothers and Lou Albano(going their separate ways).
Old 04-05-18, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Dana White is basically trying really hard to spoil Wrestlemania's main event match by saying that Lesnar is returning to UFC soon and leaking to the media that there's a deal in place. I imagine this is payback for Vince "stealing" Rousey from them.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ufc-pre...034947534.html
Old 04-05-18, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesnt matter, everyone knows Roman is going to win.
Old 04-05-18, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

4th WM in a row he's headlined. He's getting the Hulk Hogan treatment and it's so freaking annoying.
Old 04-05-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Here’s what I want to see at this point: Cena goes to the ring at some point during Wrestlemania to whine more about Undertaker. Then the gong hits, Taker walks to ring, chokeslam, tombstone piledriver, pin. Taker gets the mic and says “Are you happy now, John?” and exits
way better than what will probably happen
Old 04-05-18, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Perhaps Cena will get his elusive WM moment by winning the prestigious Andre The Giant battle royal?
Old 04-05-18, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
4th WM in a row he's headlined. He's getting the Hulk Hogan treatment and it's so freaking annoying.
The thing is I don’t even understand why. Like Hogan or not he was at least popular. No matter what WWE does with Reigns people don’t seem to give a shit about him yet they keep trying to make him a thing. It’s weird. I really figured by now they’d have given up trying with him.
Old 04-05-18, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a feeling 'Taker returns as 'The American Baddass' and Kid Rock sings 'American Baddass' as live entrance.
Old 04-05-18, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are they going to turn Bryan heel, or are they going to play this as just a straightforward match. Because no way Zayn and Owens get fired.
Old 04-05-18, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm thinking maybe Shane is going to turn on DB.
Old 04-05-18, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread

Shane turning on Daniel would be my guess too from the limited amount I watch now days. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to have Daniel return only to turn him heel right away. Especially with his popularity he’ll be a hot commodity and should easily become top face on Smackdown!
Old 04-06-18, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Dana White is basically trying really hard to spoil Wrestlemania's main event match by saying that Lesnar is returning to UFC soon and leaking to the media that there's a deal in place. I imagine this is payback for Vince "stealing" Rousey from them.

I figured Vince requested it in order to cement Lesnar as the heel and get people to cheer for Reigns. I don't think it will work, though--if anything they'll get a reaction like Goldberg and Lesnar at XX, with both getting booed.

My understanding is Vince and Dana are on good terms, especially after Vince let Lesnar fight while under WWE contract. I believe they were all on the same page with Rousey as well. She was still under UFC contract to my knowledge, so he could've made it tough for her to move.
Old 04-06-18, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The 2018 Pro Wrestling Thread

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Shane turning on Daniel would be my guess too from the limited amount I watch now days. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to have Daniel return only to turn him heel right away. Especially with his popularity he’ll be a hot commodity and should easily become top face on Smackdown!
I don't watch much either and agree that it's the only thing that makes sense. Yay, more eeeeeevil McMahons.
Old 04-06-18, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vince didn't steal Ronda Rousey, and I sincerely doubt that Dana White cares that she is in WWE. Rousey is done as an MMA fighter. Another fight like her last two and she would be useless as a draw to everyone including Vince.

Rousey going to WWE at this point is a good thing for both Dana and Vince. If she does well, maybe she can sell another big UFC fight in a couple of years.
Old 04-06-18, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Rousey going to WWE at this point is a good thing for both Dana and Vince. If she does well, maybe she can sell another big UFC fight in a couple of years.
She should retire soon and start a family.
Old 04-06-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You guys say that Dana and Vince are cool, but I would bet that Vince ain't happy at all the publicity and coverage that UFC is getting for their PPV this weekend and how it has overshadowed Wrestlemania a little bit.
Old 04-06-18, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You guys say that Dana and Vince are cool, but I would bet that Vince ain't happy at all the publicity and coverage that UFC is getting for their PPV this weekend and how it has overshadowed Wrestlemania a little bit.
I would say Dana isn't happy that the UFC now seems like closer to wrestling than ever. It'll draw viewers, I'm sure, but the shenanigans are distracting from and altering the card. But maybe all they care about is the attention.

I thought they might turn Daniel if only because a Daniel Bryan/Owens/Zayn faction makes more sense than yet another McMahon turn, and they could easily turn those guys face later (plus let Bryan get his legs under him). I guess I was never really a big fan of the McMahon family being involved so much in a wrestling capacity, even if Shane busts his behind out there.
Old 04-06-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The UFC might be getting publicity but they also lost 3 fights including the main event - if anything, they'll lose a ton of PPV buys.

This is probably not even falling on the WWE's radar.
Old 04-06-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to like Shane. He’s kind of turned into just another McMahon though, only not evil (yet).
Old 04-06-18, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some names were announced for this year's Legacy Wing-

Boris Malenko
Cora Combs
Dara Singh
El Santo
Jim Londos
Lord Alfred Hayes
Rufus J. Jones
Sputnik Monroe
Stan Stasiak

Lord Alfred not being inducted a decade ago or so was pretty shocking,and El Santo is as big a cultural icon in Mexico as Elvis or Mohammad Ali is in this country. I always just assumed some copyright/estate reason was why El Santo was never inducted.
Old 04-06-18, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
if anything they'll get a reaction like Goldberg and Lesnar at XX, with both getting booed.
It goes to show you how out of tune I been with wrestling that I had no idea last year he found Brock in Wrestlemania!

Can't believe he lost to Brock though, that was one helluva corny match. Goldberg must have been paid a huge substantial amount of money to come back and earn that loss on his record.
Old 04-06-18, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post

Lord Alfred not being inducted a decade ago or so was pretty shocking,and El Santo is as big a cultural icon in Mexico as Elvis or Mohammad Ali is in this country. I always just assumed some copyright/estate reason was why El Santo was never inducted.
El Santo is SO important to pro wrestling history that it's kind of an insult that they're just throwing him into the legacy wing and not giving him a full on induction.
Old 04-06-18, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
It goes to show you how out of tune I been with wrestling that I had no idea last year he found Brock in Wrestlemania!

Can't believe he lost to Brock though, that was one helluva corny match. Goldberg must have been paid a huge substantial amount of money to come back and earn that loss on his record.
I'm sure he was paid well, but he really wanted to come back and do one last run for his kid. He was also booked extremely well in the last run, which he never really was in his previous run with WWE. Goldberg and Vince parted on very good terms this time, and I imagine that Bill is extremely happy with the run.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.