http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=15
Old 12-14-17, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: 2017 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 15

Nice to have Saturday NFL football.
Old 12-14-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't know why they don't play on Saturday's for the whole month of December.
Old 12-14-17, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Some huge games this week. Rams at Seattle, Chargers at Chiefs and Patriots at Steelers all have huge playoff implications.

Weird that the Rams and Chargers both played at home in L.A. at the same time last week and both are on the road this week. Probably could have scheduled that better.
Old 12-14-17, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Yaay! Pretty much the whole country gets to watch us get smoked by the Domequeens.
Old 12-14-17, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Some huge games this week. Rams at Seattle, Chargers at Chiefs and Patriots at Steelers all have huge playoff implications.

Weird that the Rams and Chargers both played at home in L.A. at the same time last week and both are on the road this week. Probably could have scheduled that better.
The 20 LA native fans that went to the Chargers game weren't going to make that much of a difference, though.
Old 12-14-17, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I looked at the schedule and this is the last Thursday night game of the year. But once the college football season is done they should have some Saturday games. I’m sure the players would like them better too.
Old 12-14-17, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Would love to watch Pit vs. NE. But not only is it opposite the Hawks game, we're that stupid grey area on the map that doesn't get the second CBS game. Can't even flip over during commercials and other dead times.
Old 12-14-17, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Would love to watch Pit vs. NE. But not only is it opposite the Hawks game, we're that stupid grey area on the map that doesn't get the second CBS game. Can't even flip over during commercials and other dead times.
I have NFL Sunday Ticket and sometimes I will have 5 games going at the same time plus an NFL game on Tunein.
Old 12-14-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
I have NFL Sunday Ticket and sometimes I will have 5 games going at the same time plus an NFL game on Tunein.
I would rarely ever use something like the Ticket. Most of the games I'm interested in watching don't conflict with each other. This coming Sunday is a rare exception. And it wouldn't even be so much of an exception if they didn't have the pointless agreement that will prevent me from seeing the NE/PIT game on CBS.
Old 12-15-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

I would rarely ever use something like the Ticket. Most of the games I'm interested in watching don't conflict with each other. This coming Sunday is a rare exception. And it wouldn't even be so much of an exception if they didn't have the pointless agreement that will prevent me from seeing the NE/PIT game on CBS.
Blame the NFL for not flexing Dallas out of SNF. Heaven forfend they move a 7-6 Dallas team in a mediocre matchup off SNF. They should have flipped that and the Rams/Seahawks game (CBS obviously protected NE/PIT).
Old 12-15-17, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Blame the NFL for not flexing Dallas out of SNF. Heaven forfend they move a 7-6 Dallas team in a mediocre matchup off SNF. They should have flipped that and the Rams/Seahawks game (CBS obviously protected NE/PIT).
Good point. I totally agree.
Though it's entirely possible NBC prefers the Cowboys because they always get good ratings regardless of the quality of the game or opponent.
Old 12-15-17, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Good point. I totally agree.
Though it's entirely possible NBC prefers the Cowboys because they always get good ratings regardless of the quality of the game or opponent.
I agree. Especially outside their home region. Considering how late it starts, I don't think an all west coast match up (SEA/OAK) would get good ratings in the east. People all over the country tune in for the Cowboys.
Old 12-15-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can also see a lot of people responsible for the scheduling not being confident that a RAMS/Seahawks match-up wouldn't end up as one of the dud games if Goff didn't improve or Gurley got hurt again.

Oh well. Probably will get to see another NE/PIT match up this season anyway.
Old 12-15-17, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk God

I can also see a lot of people responsible for the scheduling not being confident that a RAMS/Seahawks match-up wouldn't end up as one of the dud games if Goff didn't improve or Gurley got hurt again.
But that's what the SNF Flex is there for. But they don't bother using it.
Old 12-15-17, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
But that's what the SNF Flex is there for. But they don't bother using it.
i was just posting why the game wasn't put on SNF in the first place. Good bet they would now next season.
Old 12-15-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CBS protected the Pats/Steelers and maybe both teams exceeded their 5 or 6 primetime games quota.

TNF is finally over. No more TNF until Sept 2018.
Old 12-16-17, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Lions totally deserve that. Take 13-0 into the half on your own 5 with under 2 left. I was baffled by the play calling.
Old 12-16-17, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lions up by 17 and Stafford still throwing the ball. What a ass-hat. A couple of picks and the Bears would be right back in the game(chance's are slim of that happening).
Old 12-16-17, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

It truly is comical -- up 17 and they don't run the fucking ball. Thank god I benched Riddick.
Old 12-16-17, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll wait for the Bears-Lions game to wrap before spamming y'all with photo from my day in the Twin Cities. I'm having a blast.....
Old 12-16-17, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

These last few minutes of this game are totally bizarre. Detroit refuses to run the ball. Chicago somehow scores TD. But down 10 with 3 minutes left, no onside kick. Then Detroit cannot do the obvious and just run it 3 times. Gives it back....
Old 12-16-17, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bears should've spiked it to stop the clock, kicked the FG, then tried the onside kick. IMO.
Old 12-16-17, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay.... quick non-football content. I'm in Minneapolis right now, just back from the Wild-Oilers game, heading to US Bank Arena tomorrow for the Vikings' beatdown of the Bengals.

My flight got in a few minutes late and I had to wait on my checked bag. Southwest flys into Terminal 2, which apparently is the brand new part of the airport... really clean and pretty, and seemingly hardly used. But it was a L-O-N-G walk from the baggage carousel end of T2 to the Light Rail station that's stuck out next to one of the parking garages.

( Oh, a note. Apparently they've never heard of the word "garage" up here in the Near White North. They call them "ramps". This is, of course, really stupid, because they also use that word to describe acceleration/deceleration lanes on the Interstates (like MOST of the sane world does). Anyway, they have two "ramps" adjacent to T2.... "Purple" and "Orange". Kinda fitting considering the colors of this weekend's teams, eh? )

Got on the light rail (the Blue Line) which was supposed to run me downtown. Alas, the downtown stations were all offline and we had to disembark a couple of miles short, walk to a waiting bus, then deal with street traffic while they drove us to the downtown rail stations. Went right past US Bank Arena... it's ginormous. More on that tomorrow.

Got to my posh downtown digs (Hotel Minneapolis - it's a new Marriott Autograph property, look it up), got my bags dumped, and called an Uber to get me to St Paul to try to get in to the Xcel Energy Center. The game started at 1, it was nearly 2 before I got there, but I expected I would be able to low-ball a scalper who would have NO customers at that point. Failing that, I'd get a cheap-ass ticket from the box office. Alas, there were only two scalpers still hanging around. One had a single on the Club level ($149 face - I told the guy I couldn't even come close to touching that), the other had a pair he didn't want to split up and a buyer "coming back" from an ATM. Oh, and the game was a sell-out, so nothing at the box office. But fear not! I checked TicketBastard (nothing - they shut down sales when the game in question has started) and StubHub... who, fortunately, would still sell tickets as late as 90 minutes into the game. I found a seat in the upper bowl, top row, corner, for $28.

For the "worst seat" in the house, it was still pretty freaking sweet.

I got to my seat with a minute left in the first period. What was weird was that there were 19,000 people attending the game, but while I was walking the concourse, there was not a single person buying beer or nachos or hotdogs or using the bathrooms. Every single one of those 19,000 were in their seats. Yeah, as soon as intermission hit the concourse was jammed-full, but I've never seen so many people so intent on watching the game they bought their ticket for than what I saw today.

A lot of fans of other teams could learn a lesson from these Wild fans.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.