Old 10-25-17, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 2017 NFL Regular Season Thread -- Week 7

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
As a Giants fan, i'm just hoping for the season to end hahaha
Old 10-25-17, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seahawks sign Dwight Freeney to take Cliff Avril's spot. He's no Avril, but I'm ok with bringing him in for 20 snaps a game.
Old 10-25-17, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Seahawks sign Dwight Freeney to take Cliff Avril's spot. He's no Avril, but I'm ok with bringing him in for 20 snaps a game.

Awesome news. Always been a fan of his. The essentially needed somebody that will allow Bennett to keep moving inside so they can play Richardson/Reed, Clark, Bennett , and now Freeney on obvious passing downs.
Old 10-25-17, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Bah! Your team stole what should have been Lombardi's first of six NFL championships in eight years (and ended up being his ONLY playoff game loss!) when Chuck Bednarik saved a game-winning TD and then held Jim Taylor on the ground so the clock would run out (would be penalized today). Cheaters!
Bednarik (he is deceased now) always talked about that play as he said to Jim Taylor as he was holding him down, ďThis f*****g game is f*****g over!!!!!Ē
Old 10-25-17, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Carson on several occasions while he was at NDSU and I can honestly say his success couldn't happen to a nicer kid.
In every interview he comes off as a total class act and just a nice midwestern guy. Before the game, ESPN did a segment where he met with a kid who had stomach cancer and befriended him before he died. He wears the kids bracelet every game to honor him as the family was there on Monday Night. Itís one of those segments that puts sports in perspective.
Old 10-25-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
In every interview he comes off as a total class act and just a nice midwestern guy. Before the game, ESPN did a segment where he met with a kid who had stomach cancer and befriended him before he died. He wears the kids bracelet every game to honor him as the family was there on Monday Night. Itís one of those segments that puts sports in perspective.
Yeah, I posted that story yesterday (but didn't quote it). Tear-jerker.
Old 10-25-17, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Yeah, I was commenting on Kenbuzz's urge for the Browns to win one game so that the #1 pick has a chance at a decent career. Yet I too think that a 1-15 Browns team would be picking first overall, so I wasn't following his logic. Again, unless SF goes 0-16.
That's as may be, but if the Browns win ZERO games, they're certain to be the #1 pick, and thus ruin the career of yet another talented kid who is wholly undeserving of that fate.
Old 10-25-17, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We're going on 57 years without a Championship, as it wasn't even called the Superbowl the last time we won it in 1960. I know my fellow Philadelphia Sports fans are hated across the country (we deserve it sometimes), but we are treading in Cubs territory as you can have some sympathy for us just to win 1 Superbowl in my lifetime?
I am a Niners fan and I don't want the Cowboys, Packers, or Seahawks to win the NFC so I am all in for the Eagles plus it seems like the same teams win it every year in the NFL and it would be nice if there was a new team.
Old 10-25-17, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/tv-ex...art-times.html

According to this article some in the TV industry are blaming the decline in football ratings to viewer fatigue. Too much football content and itís spread out over too many mediums. Also they say TNF is too long at 18 games a season. They may consider reducing it.

Sounds a little similar to what has happened to scripted TV. Viewer fatigue and content being spread out over so many mediums has led to some huge drops in ratings.

Go back to TNF where it only happens after thanksgiving or just save it for Nov and Dec and reduce the London games.

Even if you are a die-hard fan watching games at 6:30am is ridiculous!

Maybe have two London games per season.