Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 08-29-17, 04:17 PM   #1
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Teams You Love, But Should Hate?

For me...

Chicago Cubs
I'm a lifelong Cards fan, but I love the Cubs. One Summer in college, I had an early-shift job. I was able to get home in time to watch most of the games on WGN. This was the Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg era.

UNC Men's Basketball
As an N.C. State alum, I hate most things UNC. But I grew up watching Michael Jordan. My man. With one exception (I'm looking at you, King Rice), gotta say I'm a fan.
Old 08-29-17, 08:58 PM   #2
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Teams You Love, But Should Hate?

Leicester City FC

Being my dad was from Nottingham(and a Notts County supporter), which is also in the East Midlands it's automatic to hate all the other teams from there(especially Nottingham Forest).

With their Cinderella story a couple season ago, I like a lot of people rooted for them to win the league and knock off the big dogs. It was nice to see a team from the region finally win something and a team that was 5000 to 1 at the start of the season.

Got to know a bunch of their fans online and now I play Fifa with them and post regularly on their forum.

Notts County will always be my club(4th Division) and Liverpool in the Premier League, but I will always pull for Leicester.

PSN tag: spacemunky49
Old 08-30-17, 03:08 AM   #3
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
For me...

Chicago Cubs
I'm a lifelong Cards fan, but I love the Cubs.

An odd question which I've never considered. Though not exactly the same since I don't love them, but the closest answer for me might be the New England Patriots. The majority of football fans don't like 'em. Here in the Hoosier State, folks verbalize their dislike of New England. I like the Patriots ok and cheer for them from time to time.

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 08-30-17, 12:29 PM   #4
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"Love" is a strong word, as I can't even say I love all the teams I'm a hometown fan of (Marlins, Heat).

I "should" hate the Steelers since I've lived in Cincinnati long enough now, but I respect the Steelers (as both a team and an organization) a lot more than the Bengals, and I am still not a Bengals fan in the slightest.