DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 08-15-17, 03:30 PM   #26
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The all-inclusive 2017-18 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Ugh, had no idea how expensive tickets are to see Barca play. Planning a trip to Spain and searching for tickets against Getafe FC on 9/17. And I thought Lakers tickets were bad.
Old 08-15-17, 04:25 PM   #27
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The all-inclusive 2017-18 football/futbal/fußball/voetbal/calcio/soccer thread

Yeah. Football is good
Old 08-15-17, 04:26 PM   #28
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Ugh, had no idea how expensive tickets are to see Barca play. Planning a trip to Spain and searching for tickets against Getafe FC on 9/17. And I thought Lakers tickets were bad.

I don't think they are. You are probably looking at the wrong website.

It doesn't sell out. You can buy tickets day of game.

Also Barcelona is an amazing city.
Old 08-15-17, 04:28 PM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
"I saw THREE goals."
Old 08-15-17, 05:00 PM   #30
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Yeah. Football is good
nice free kick by the kid today!
Old 08-15-17, 05:47 PM   #31
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Horrible defending as usual! Yet Klopp will blame the refs again instead of the hideous defense.
Old 08-15-17, 07:04 PM   #32
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
I don't think they are. You are probably looking at the wrong website.

It doesn't sell out. You can buy tickets day of game.

Also Barcelona is an amazing city.
I may have to take that chance. Barca is playing in Madrid on that day, we'll catch the train in and check it out. We will tour Camp Nou on another day tho.
Old 08-15-17, 07:51 PM   #33
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Great goal from Trent ok.. Really MOTM today for me.
Old 08-15-17, 09:53 PM   #34
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Great goal from Trent ok.. Really MOTM today for me.
Was a great goal.

Milner's was too. Bit harsh to give it as an OG I thought.

PSN tag: spacemunky49
Old 08-16-17, 09:04 AM   #35
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
I may have to take that chance. Barca is playing in Madrid on that day, we'll catch the train in and check it out. We will tour Camp Nou on another day tho.
Yes it is. My son and I just went there in Nov. He was over there training for 10 days with the FCB coaching staff (a camp). We had a fantastic time. The Camp Nou experience was awesome! The game experience was awesome although the game sucked (last years crappy outing against Malaga).

I highly recommend if you aren't already planning to do so hitting up Sagrada La Familia - this unreal, Park Guell, Ramblas area, and the Gothic district as well.

Oh and one other thing EAT EAT EAT! Some fantastic food.
Old 08-16-17, 12:17 PM   #36
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Yes it is. My son and I just went there in Nov. He was over there training for 10 days with the FCB coaching staff (a camp). We had a fantastic time. The Camp Nou experience was awesome! The game experience was awesome although the game sucked (last years crappy outing against Malaga).

I highly recommend if you aren't already planning to do so hitting up Sagrada La Familia - this unreal, Park Guell, Ramblas area, and the Gothic district as well.

Oh and one other thing EAT EAT EAT! Some fantastic food.
Thanks for the info. I do plan on those sights, too. Getting tickets prior so we don't have to stand in queues.

Turning out to be our most expensive vacation so far.
Old 08-16-17, 03:44 PM   #37
DVD Talk Legend

If you visit Las Ramblas, be certain to use the buddy system to watch each others' back. Pickpocketing in most European large cities is a big problem, pickpocketing in Barcelona is way worse, and pickpocketing along Las Ramblas is worser still. It really is an art form there... don't turn your back and always keep an eye out.

Cautions aside, you *should* visit Las Ramblas while you're there. One of the better memories of my visit was sitting at a café-side table right in front of the Opera House, drinking an enormous mug of beer, while watching prostitutes, stray dogs, midgets selling individual cigarettes, and Chinese tourists filter past us.
Old 08-16-17, 04:54 PM   #38
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

We experienced no pickpocketing issues while there however all of our items were carried in pants with zippered pockets and in the front of our pockets. However I do agree watch your stuff closely as this is a rampant problem in Barcelona.

My only regret while there was we did not visit other areas of Spain. Didn't have time since our 10 days there was planned with activities everyday and centered around my son's training so if I go back I would definitely take in other cities.
Old 08-16-17, 05:53 PM   #39
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

RM is making Barca look like a REC league team. Defense is allowing wide open shots and Ter Stegen is literally standing and watching the ball go in the net. This is sad.
Old 08-17-17, 09:03 AM   #40

As a FYI, TOFFS (The Old-Fashioned Football Shirt company) has expanded their selection or retro Liverpool shirts:

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/f...oduct_type=604
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 08-17-17, 09:31 AM   #41
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
As a FYI, TOFFS (The Old-Fashioned Football Shirt company) has expanded their selection or retro Liverpool shirts:

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/f...oduct_type=604
Cool, thanks.
Old 08-17-17, 09:33 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
Cool, thanks.
No worries.

Not sure if any of you have shopped there before, but the TOFFS stuff is first-rate.
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 08-17-17, 09:41 AM   #43
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
No worries.

Not sure if any of you have shopped there before, but the TOFFS stuff is first-rate.
Good deal.

I love the old v-neck jerseys from the '80s with the Crown logos.

Their prices aren't outrageous either.
Old 08-20-17, 12:56 PM   #44
DVD Talk Legend

How's that new home Spurs?

Happy we got the win yesterday. Don't know why Palace trouble us so much.

I was only half watching it though, since Notts were playing at the same time and I'm paying for that.

They won away at Wycombe, for no one that cares

Old 08-20-17, 04:09 PM   #45
DVD Talk Legend

A new service here in Canada called DAZN which is a stream only service got the NFL Sunday Ticket and Red Zone for $20 per month or $150 per year. I signed up for the year but they also have rights for La Liga, Ligue1 and Serie A which I love. The streaming for soccer is pretty good plus they stream Bein in English and Spanish live. I have their app on my PS4 but they also have it on X-Box One and Apple TV 4th Gen.
Old 08-20-17, 05:54 PM   #46
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
A new service here in Canada called DAZN which is a stream only service got the NFL Sunday Ticket and Red Zone for $20 per month or $150 per year. I signed up for the year but they also have rights for La Liga, Ligue1 and Serie A which I love. The streaming for soccer is pretty good plus they stream Bein in English and Spanish live. I have their app on my PS4 but they also have it on X-Box One and Apple TV 4th Gen.
Just looking it up and it looks like the Canadian version just has the NFL?

Old 08-20-17, 07:05 PM   #47
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Just looking it up and it looks like the Canadian version just has the NFL?
Plus the soccer leagues that I mentioned in my post astrochimp. I signed up already and watched the Barca and RM matches today. Plus they have entire matches that you can watch after they aired. I mainly signed for the NFL but it's a nice bonus to watch soccer too.
Old 08-20-17, 08:14 PM   #48
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Plus the soccer leagues that I mentioned in my post astrochimp. I signed up already and watched the Barca and RM matches today. Plus they have entire matches that you can watch after they aired. I mainly signed for the NFL but it's a nice bonus to watch soccer too.
Okay, thanks Lorenzol.

It looked like it was just NFL from what I read.

Anyway, I already spent $190 for iFollow for this season. Glad to see some new options for watching matches here though.

Old 08-20-17, 11:15 PM   #49
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Alright. Alright. 5th in the league. I'm happy.
Old 08-21-17, 12:44 AM   #50
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Okay, thanks Lorenzol.

It looked like it was just NFL from what I read.

Anyway, I already spent $190 for iFollow for this season. Glad to see some new options for watching matches here though.
Which leagues do you get for that if you don't mind me asking and are you able to stream it on TV too?

Edit - Nevermind I got it.