Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 08-28-16, 05:44 PM   #26
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: 2016 Auction Draft Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
So if you want to make a waiver claim, but have no money left do you have to wait until the claim period is over or can you claim a player and get him if no one else puts a bid in for him?

If I remember correctly, you can always bid $1 to put in a claim but if you've used all your money you better hope that no one else wants the free agent
Old 08-29-16, 08:44 AM   #27
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We officially have all 10 teams paid!

I received several PM's yesterday regarding waiting lists so if I can find another 2 owners in the next few days we possibly can get this league back up to 12 owners. If that doesn't happen, then we will run with 10 this year.
Old 09-03-16, 09:42 AM   #28
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was able to find two more bodies for the league so we are back to 12 teams! Very happy about this!

Pay structure is now updated.

After receiving two votes to Change waiver to FAB and several positive comments in the thread, I think we will experiment with FAB in this league. I figure that we are already doing Auction draft so why not make it FAB (silent auction) waiver as well. Many of us play in the Legends league as well and I'm convinced that after trying it for a season in this league, that enough people will want to add it to the Legends league as well. I'm a big fan!
Old 09-04-16, 04:20 AM   #29
DVD Talk Hero

Not liking the waiver deal. Lol.
Old 09-04-16, 08:45 AM   #30
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Not liking the waiver deal. Lol.
Since I received no negatives regarding the FAB waiver system in this league we are moving forward with it.

I figure that this is the perfect league to test it with. If everyone hates it after the season then we can make changes next year but I hope you give it a fair shake.

I've used it in other leagues and it is so much fairer of a system and keeps everyone engaged each week. The traditional waiver system excludes many at the bottom of the list and discourages active participation. If you don't like it when the season is over, feel free to express it but I think you may actually like it
Old 09-04-16, 02:21 PM   #31
DVD Talk Hero

I don't like it because I know you're Mr. Sneaky man with the waivers and getting players. Lol. I have these nightmares of you not picking up waivers all season then getting a ton of guys before the playoffs.
Old 09-04-16, 02:27 PM   #32
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I don't like it because I know you're Mr. Sneaky man with the waivers and getting players. Lol. I have these nightmares of you not picking up waivers all season then getting a ton of guys before the playoffs.
You give me more credit than I deserve

All joking aside, after a year in this league if everyone hates FAB waivers then we can drop it but I have a sneaky suspicion that most everyone will love it and wish we did it last year.
Old 09-14-16, 11:26 AM   #33
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those new to the auction FAB waiver system you can find the details of what happened this week if you follow the path: from league or my team tab>more>transaction log>waiver report.

Alternatively you can see this from players tab>free agent auction report.

For example only one player was claimed this week and I've listed the details below:

Free Agent Auction Report Wednesday, September 14, 2016

FREE AGENT AUCTION BIDS PROCESSED

1. Straight Cash Homey Tyrell Williams, SD WR $35 Added. SCH dropped Rishard Matthews, Ten WR to Waivers.

I Know Nothing Tyrell Williams, SD WR $5 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.

So Straight Cash Homey won the claim on Tyrell Williams but his overall annual waiver budget is reduced by $35. I know nothing's claim too low so he did not lose any waiver money.
Old 11-07-16, 10:22 AM   #34
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Note to all:

I am aware of WD Forte's lack of participation over the past few weeks and this week it had a major impact on the game with 1 bye player left on the starting roster and star player on the bench. Normally I would have overlooked this as an error but 4 players on bye were played on his team in the other league as well. In addition, I have seen almost no activity all year in both leagues. I have reached out to Forte via email and hope to hear back by Tuesday. If I do not hear back, I would like input from others on how to proceed as it is having a major impact on playoff races.

Thanks,

David
Old 11-07-16, 12:01 PM   #35
DVD Talk Legend

David, what I have done in that situation is just put in the best player lineup and let it ride. It's all you can do.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 11-07-16, 12:15 PM   #36
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
David, what I have done in that situation is just put in the best player lineup and let it ride. It's all you can do.
My issue with this is that I shouldn't have to nor do I have the time to monitor everyone's lineup prior to or during the day on Sunday to make sure everyone is participating. When you sign up for this league, it is clear that we are only looking for "active" participants. I even added in the toilet bowl prize to help keep everyone involved until the end. I have my own rosters to focus on and we are all adults responsible for our own actions or lack thereof.

On the flip side, I hope something serious did not come up that is causing his lack of participation. If that is the case, I would be much more understanding.
Old 11-09-16, 04:44 PM   #37
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have heard nothing back from Forte since I sent my email.

Moving forward- I will do my best to examine his lineup before each week and I will adjust his line-up based on what ESPN projects will give him the most points. If I start to see activity again then I will not adjust his lineup. I'm not thrilled to be doing this as we all agree to be active participants regardless of records.
Old 12-26-16, 09:32 AM   #38
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Barring Dez having a monster game (which I can't see happening since Dallas pretty much has things locked up), looks like DFW Bearfan will take the championship. I can't really complain. Freeman and the Dolphins D had monster weeks last week that got me into the finals, but they disappointed this week.

So much for flexing Chris Hogan against the pathetic Jet's D. They completely demolish my Jets and I got a whopping 2.2 points from him on one catch.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 12-26-16, 12:46 PM   #39
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I benched Thieland in favor of McKinnon when it was announced Peterson would not play .. I am hoping that does not come back to haunt me .. also picking Henry over Witten at TE is not looking overly brilliant
Old 12-27-16, 09:29 AM   #40
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Barring Dez having a monster game (which I can't see happening since Dallas pretty much has things locked up), looks like DFW Bearfan will take the championship. I can't really complain. Freeman and the Dolphins D had monster weeks last week that got me into the finals, but they disappointed this week.

So much for flexing Chris Hogan against the pathetic Jet's D. They completely demolish my Jets and I got a whopping 2.2 points from him on one catch.
Well it took him the entire season to break 20 points, but I guess the important thing is that he did it when it counted most.

Goat3001: "I like when Ronnie says he has the best girl in Seaside. It's like saying you're dating the smartest girl in Special Ed."
Old 12-30-16, 07:15 PM   #41
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Payouts coming early next week! 😀
Old 01-07-17, 10:46 AM   #42
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All payments have been sent out via paypal.

Congrats to WD Forte for beating the DFW BearFan and becoming the Auctions Bowl Champ!

Thanks to all for another great season!

-David
Old 07-16-17, 08:12 PM   #43
DVD Talk Gold Edition

2017 thread is up.

Please no longer use this thread.

Link below:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/sports-talk...ll-league.html