Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2015

Old 12-21-15, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2015

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Cam put up 61 in my six-point-passing-TD league.
Despite this, that team has put up only 84 total (AP 6, Bolden 4, AJ Green 3, Hilton 2, Bernard 4, McManus 3, etc.) and will lose unless the Lions D outscores Megatron tonight. The other team got 31 from Rivers and a few 11s.

In our other playoff game, one team got 45 from David Johnson, 35 from Antonio Brown, and 22 from the Chiefs D and is sitting on a 151-77 lead with still Brees to play against Prater.
Old 12-21-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CBS & Jason LaCanfora seem to think that Beckham will NOT miss the week 16 game:

Linky: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...rman-incidents
However, there is reason to caution against expecting Beckham to actually sit New York's next game (Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings). First of all, the league has a long history of issuing suspensions to look as though it is rectifying an issue (i.e. Beckham probably should have been ejected, but wasn't), all the while knowing that the suspension is likely to be reduced to a heavy fine on appeal. This is especially true in the case of players like Beckham -- who had no previous history of hits to the head before Sunday.

LaCanfora (via Twitter): "Bottom line on whatever NFL levies on Odell - he doesn't have long history of hits to head, suspensions often overturned on appeal." 922 AM - 21 Dec 2015
The CBS article then goes on to weaken its' own argument, implying that the tight relationship between Uncle Roger and the Mara family will give the Commissioner reason to go easy on the Giants.
Old 12-21-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ended-one-game

The NFL has suspended New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. for one game after his on-field antics during Sunday's game against Josh Norman and the Carolina Panthers.

The league announced the suspension Monday.

Beckham was whistled for three personal fouls during Sunday's game, including one when he launched himself into a helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman.
Fuck. Wonder he'll appeal.
Old 12-21-15, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post

He has appealed.
Old 12-21-15, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man Golden Tate is making me feel even worse for leaving him on the bench for Amendola this week.
Old 12-21-15, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I rarely post in here, but it's that time of the season. In my $250 keeper league, I just got bounced by 7.5 points and would've won if the Saints went to Hightower on that last score from the half yard line. I mean, how do they not even try to give it to him after the Cooks pass got knocked down on 1st down?!?

The Hightower TD that called back b/c the idiot linesman forgot to declare himself ineligible didn't help either.

(yeah, I'm venting)

Ultimately, I got nervous about starting Rivers since he's sucked for the past month and went with Alex Smith in a matchup the experts all seemed to think was great for him vs Baltimore. That didn't pan out and I lost my guaranteed $675 (runner up prize) and shot at $1500.

Like most people who play fantasy football, I hate fantasy football and will make the inevitably to be broken vow of not playing any more.
Old 12-22-15, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck Drew Brees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 45 point lead and all my guys Olsen, Dez, Decker, and even Jeremy Hill scored TDs and the Rams D did ok but Gore and Justin Tucker sucked but I still lost.

Final score 155-145 with a league where the QB scoring is steroid inflated.

I will not play again unless Brees retires.

I don't root for injuries but they should have let him sit out the game since it was a meaningless game.

When I have Brees I can't win a title but whenever my opponent has him he has over 300 yards and 4-6 TDs.

Fucking Lions D can't stop him.
Old 12-22-15, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was up by 1.5 when Brees got banged up a little. Would've won if they kept him out. Now I read he's in a walking boot this morning.
Old 12-22-15, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Heading into Fantasy Bowl XXVII in my TD-only league with the following frozen roster:

QB: E.Manning / Hoyer (CONCUSSION)
RB: Peterson / D.Johnson / Ivory / L.Murray / Rawls (IR)
WR: Beckham (SUSPENDED) / Crabtree / Maclin
TE: D.Walker
PK: J.Brown (NYG)

Start 1 QB / 1 RB / 1 WR / 2 RB-WR Flex / 1 TE / 1 PK

Guys in BOLD were my default lineup, plus whichever 3rd RB had the best prospect that week, and have won 5 straight to get me a division crown and into the championship. If Beckham's suspension is placed on hold so he can play this weekend, he starts and I have to choose between:

* Maclin (KCC WR-1) vs CLE (19 WR TDs, have allowed 1+ WR TDs in 5 straight and 6 of last 7)
* Murray (up-and-down, currently up) vs SDC (14 TDs given up to RBs in 14 games, including 1 to Murray)
* Crabtree (up-and-down, mostly down lately) vs SDC (9 WR TDs, including TDs in 3 of the past 4. Crabtree 6/63/1 in Week 7)
* Ivory (losing significant touches to Bilal Powell now and can't be relied upon in short yardage) vs NEP (hasn't yielded a TD to a RB in 3 games, and in only 2 of the past 7)

I'm showing them in the order I expect I would start them. So, my starting lineup is more than likely gonna be:

QB: Manning
RB: Johnson / Peterson / Murray*
WR: Maclin
TE: Walker
PK: Brown

*-remove for Beckham if OBJ plays

Last edited by kenbuzz; 12-23-15 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-22-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I made the finals of my primary league, winning 126.6-100.3. Fortunately I had a lead going into MNF and didn't have to rely on Hightower. I don't blame my opponent for benching Tavon Austin and Emmanuel Sanders for Jarvis Landry and Michael Floyd, but either of those guys would've made things a lot closer. Next I play the top seed (who scored just a bit fewer than me this week, at 125.8), but I'll probably be without OBJ, Shady, and Draughn. James White, Matt Jones, Davante Parker, and Marvin Jones are my top options, though Karlos Williams is on the waiver wire. More than any season I can remember, this year feels like the championship will be survival of the fittest rather than who put together the best team.

Cam is definitely leading a charmed life. I fell half a point short of beating him in my other playoff game. In the playoffs of my second league he scored 61 points but his team was only tied at 84 going into MNF, and his team had the Detroit D and the opponents had Megatron. Yep, you know what happened: The Lions in our rules scored two, and Megatron had one, falling one yard short (19 yards) of scoring another point. 86-85 final. Cam's team will play the top seed, who won 188-82 with Brees, David Johnson, and Antonio Brown.
Old 12-22-15, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On to the championship game in the free league here, but losing Shady might cost me any shot at victory.

I came in dead last in the paid league here since it was pretty much a wash between Watson and Abdullah last night.
Old 12-22-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I somehow made it to the Championship game in one of my leagues. My team started out 1-5 and I went 6-1 to finish the season and make the playoffs. I went to two Championship games last year only to lose each game by 30 + points thanks to Andrew Luck playing horribly against the Cowboys... I'm expecting another flameout this year...

My workplace TD scoring league is currently in the second round of the playoffs (The Championship Game starts on week 17 in that league). I'm the number one overall seed and I'm playing the wildcard team this week. I'm expecting another loss there. I would love to win a Championship after playing for fantasy football for six years, but I don't think it'll happen. I'm incredibly unlucky....
Old 12-22-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congrats to everyone who's playing for a title!

What do you think of the WW RBs available? I play a 2-week final (yeah, stupidly we have the title on the line in week 17) so I'm looking at just not this week but next. Some of the top targets seem to be:

Christine Michael (@Stl, Ari). Do I really trust this knucklehead with the season on the line? Nice matchup this week. I told my co-manager to drop Ware and pick up Michael to stash on bench just in case he broke out. He didn't listen to me

Karlos Williams (Dal, Jets). Was a monster early in the season but seems banged up now. Great matchup this week, not so much next. Again, huge risk to put him in lineup now. There's also this Gillislee guy who led the team in rushing last game.

Cameron Artis-Payne (@Atl, TB). Great schedule for the last 2 weeks. With Stewart banged up, you'd think he could get a lot of work.

Donald Brown (@Oak, @Den). Middling matchups. Looks to inherit the Melvin Gordon role. Is that even something worth having?

Jerick McKinnon (NYG, @GB). If ADP is out, it's either him or Asiata. That combo was erratic last year, but general opinion is that McKinnon is by far the more talented of the two. Though ADP may be fine.

There's a few other guys on my WW like Alfred Morris, Alfred Blue, Bilal Powell, Darren Sproles kicking around.

What do you think? For week 16, OBJ being suspended are making my flex options look really weak (basically Allen or Dez). I'm facing a powerhouse lineup so I feel I really need to go for it (playing for upside instead of safety). Payne intrigues me, and his low current ESPN projection makes me think I might get him with my lousy waiver number. Michaels and Williams are boom/bust, but the "boom" potential is what I'm looking for.
Old 12-22-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
I was up by 1.5 when Brees got banged up a little. Would've won if they kept him out. Now I read he's in a walking boot this morning.
I hate him!

I am going to check the 2016 schedule in April or May and if I see Brees has any home games in weeks 15 and 16 and any MNF games those weeks I am not going to play fantasy.

Whoever has him always wins the title

Another pattern emerges over the years is my players go off in the 3rd place games and not in week 15.

Big Ben vs the Ravens in week 16 will go to waste but he might throw 2 or 3 Ints to keep his numbers down.
Old 12-22-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Whoever has him always wins the title
Sorry.

Spoiler:
I've never won a title before, but I'm in the final with Brees on my squad.
Old 12-22-15, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by brainee View Post

What do you think of the WW RBs available? I play a 2-week final (yeah, stupidly we have the title on the line in week 17) so I'm looking at just not this week but next. Some of the top targets seem to be:

Christine Michael (@Stl, Ari). Do I really trust this knucklehead with the season on the line? Nice matchup this week. I told my co-manager to drop Ware and pick up Michael to stash on bench just in case he broke out. He didn't listen to me

Karlos Williams (Dal, Jets). Was a monster early in the season but seems banged up now. Great matchup this week, not so much next. Again, huge risk to put him in lineup now. There's also this Gillislee guy who led the team in rushing last game.

Cameron Artis-Payne (@Atl, TB). Great schedule for the last 2 weeks. With Stewart banged up, you'd think he could get a lot of work.

Donald Brown (@Oak, @Den). Middling matchups. Looks to inherit the Melvin Gordon role. Is that even something worth having?

Jerick McKinnon (NYG, @GB). If ADP is out, it's either him or Asiata. That combo was erratic last year, but general opinion is that McKinnon is by far the more talented of the two. Though ADP may be fine.

There's a few other guys on my WW like Alfred Morris, Alfred Blue, Bilal Powell, Darren Sproles kicking around.

What do you think? For week 16, OBJ being suspended are making my flex options look really weak (basically Allen or Dez). I'm facing a powerhouse lineup so I feel I really need to go for it (playing for upside instead of safety). Payne intrigues me, and his low current ESPN projection makes me think I might get him with my lousy waiver number. Michaels and Williams are boom/bust, but the "boom" potential is what I'm looking for.
It's so hard to evaluate those choices when we don't know for sure who's going to miss time. I think I'd go Karlos Williams first--he was on my roster for a number of weeks earlier this year (and I even started him when he was rated top 10 when Shady was out)--then maybe CAP, then Michael. I could see Powell or Blue threatening double digits in the right scenario, but maybe not the boom you want.

My deep league has a few of those guys available--Williams, Brown, Gillislee--so I'll try to drop a now-useless handcuff like Jordan Todman.
Old 12-22-15, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Sorry.

Spoiler:
I've never won a title before, but I'm in the final with Brees on my squad.
How many years have you been playing?

Anybody worried about Brady @ Jets?

Sounds silly but the Jets play good defense and Brady has not been lighting it up the last couple of weeks.
Old 12-22-15, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by brainee View Post

I'm in the same boat as you, final is week 17 so I need to get through this week and with OBJ up in the air it's rough. Also looking at a lot of the same guys you are, with the exception of Karlos Williams already taken in my league. I'm last on the wire, so basically i'm just going down that exact list
Old 12-22-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My buddy is in a two division work league, $1500 on the line in the finals...and they both have Bortles. But my friend also has Big Ben...both QBs have favorable matchups. My friend has a clearly (on paper) superior roster. Would you play Bortles for the wash, or chance it with Ben?
Old 12-23-15, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

ODB suspension overturned according to Lawrence Tynes.
Old 12-23-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Hope that's true. Not because he doesn't deserve it, but because I'm purely selfish about fantasy football

If true, the fines and warnings to the Panthers kind of pointed to this possible outcome. Still surprised if there won't be a suspension since I was sure the league wouldn't risk any leniency with head shots with the concussion movie coming out.
Old 12-23-15, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Guys like Schefter are saying the appeal just ended, and a decision might be tonight or tomorrow. So could be him just joking around. I hope not.
Old 12-23-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Guys like Schefter are saying the appeal just ended, and a decision might be tonight or tomorrow. So could be him just joking around. I hope not.
Old 12-23-15, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
How many years have you been playing?
Had to look it up. Playing since '02. Counting this year, I've participated in 23 leagues. Had the best record and highest points scored several times, but have never won a championship. Now you have me curious as to whether anyone else can match that level of ineptitude.

But I tell my friends it just proves the unpredictable nature of fantasy football. I've won 15 baseball championships over that same period of time.
Old 12-23-15, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ol' Dirty Bastard was suspended?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.