Reload this Page >

The 2015 Pro Wrestling Thread - WWE's Royal Rumble; Return of TNA

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The 2015 Pro Wrestling Thread - WWE's Royal Rumble; Return of TNA

Old 12-29-15, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 186 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: The 2015 Pro Wrestling Thread - WWE's Royal Rumble; Return of TNA

Fuck man, Vince showin up Triple H and Stephanie tonight. 70 years old and he's got more talent and presence on the mic than Triple has ever or will ever have.(and the less said about Steph on the mic the better) That was a KILLER promo he cut on Reigns, the stuff he said about Afa and Sika was chilling(probably because it was true.). Vince at his best on the mic rivals if not surpasses Heyman at his best on the mic.

Also, that was the loudest CM Punk chant WWE has had for a couple years.

Besides that promo, and the excellence that is Kallisto, the rest of RAW was garbage as usual.
Old 12-29-15, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I thought that promo by Vince was horrible. Again proved that he thinks racism = ratings. The stuff about bones in noses and the Samoans was cringe worthy IMO.

"You're one generation removed from being out here with a bone in your nose." Ugh.

Last edited by Timber; 12-29-15 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-29-15, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 104 Posts

My guess is we are gonna get Reigns vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. The Roman Noodle vs. the Cock-A-Doodle practically sells itself.
Old 12-29-15, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I thought that promo by Vince was horrible. Again proved that he thing racism = ratings. The stuff about bones in noses and the Samoans was cringe worthy IMO.

"You're one generation removed from being out here with a bone in your nose." Ugh.
I heard more criticism over the timing of Vince & Steph claiming police brutality the same day the grand jury passed a decision on the Tamir Rice case.
Old 12-29-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm sure I'm one of the last to realize this but I was going to get some people together for the Royal Rumble and found out it was the same day as the NFC/AFC championship. I guess they don't care anymore since most people that watch just get the Network and don't actually buy a PPV but it always seemed to fall between the Championship game and Super Bowl. The Rumble is probably the second most popular PPV besides Wrestlemania so you would still think they wouldn't want to tick off fans and it wouldn't have been hard to push back considering Wrestlemania isn't until April this year.
Old 12-29-15, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Wasn't Rusev undefeated in his 1st year before he started his program with Cena?
Sure did but an undefeated streak does not make a main eventer. The problem with Rusev is that he worked the Russian brute angle well but those kind of angles get old quickly. He didn't transition out of it well. He's not good on the mic, his ring skills are average and he has an incredibly boring finisher. Where he is right now is the right spot for him.

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Yes. Same with Kevin Owens, Shaemus, World Champion Seth Rollins, and many others. That's why having a feud with Cena helps no one except Cena.
How can you say that a feud with Cena helps no one except Cena when one of the guys you listed was WWE Champ for most of this year and would still be in the main event picture (ahead of Cena, mind you) if he didn't get hurt and the other guy is currently in a feud for the second tier title 6 months after debuting on the main roster?

And the other guy is Sheamus. Who sucks.
Old 12-29-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post

How can you say that a feud with Cena helps no one except Cena when one of the guys you listed was WWE Champ for most of this year and would still be in the main event picture (ahead of Cena, mind you) if he didn't get hurt and the other guy is currently in a feud for the second tier title 6 months after debuting on the main roster?

Well if you're a cynic like me you'd say that that is Cena again trying to get in on someone else's rub. Just like Zach Ryder (who sucks but was hot at the time) Cena tried to steal some of Rollins' heat, Russev's heat, and Owens' heat.

Sheamus? Well he sucks.

edit: can't wait to see Cena out there trying to steal some New Day heat...oh wait he's already tried that.
Old 12-29-15, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 531 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post

Rollins was the top guy in spite of Cena and the Authority and bad booking. That's how good he is. Rollins, besides being book poorly as a coward heel, was simply Cena's bitch, making his run as the champ somewhat lackluster. For example, Cena beat Rollins cleanly in 99% of their matches while Rollins was the WWE champ. How does that make Rollins better? The champ is supposed to win to be seen as the top guy in the company.
Old 12-29-15, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 531 Likes on 372 Posts

Sin Cara really dislocated his shoulder last night on Raw. Props to him for finishing the match and to Big E for helping him get there.