Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The 2015 Pro Wrestling Thread - WWE's Royal Rumble; Return of TNA

HAHAHAHA OK ...
Old 08-26-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Sting (briefly) holding the WWE title would be a wonderful moment. But a Seth Rollins screwjob to hold on to the title is much more likely.

Pretty good Raw ... having some big appearances like a post Wrestlemania show. I think it's fixed now, but for a time Bo Dallas' residence on his wikipedia page was "Suplex City"

Xavier Woods just slayed me breaking out "Taps" on the trombone as New Day hits their finisher So the Dudleyz are back for a little run now (unlike when Bubba showed up only to disappear and head right back to TNA)? Hopefully they are. They seem in good shape.

Too bad for the Divas Revolution (R.I.P. 2015-2015). That was dreadful. Talk about playing to your weaknesses ... who the hell thought a lengthy talking segment with Becky, Charlotte, and Paige was a good idea? Followed by another meaningless multi-person clusterfuck tag match (mostly dominated by the Bellas). It's not that the crowd wouldn't respond to a good women's match. Bayley/Sasha (with probably many of the same people in the audience) was proof of that.
But what will a Sting screwjob do? Maybe get his victory against HHH, if anything? There's got to be SOME reason Sting signed with WWE after so many years.

And yeah Dudleyz are here for a bit. Probably like the Outlaws had their run.

Yeah, Mick Foley talked about the Diva thing. And his friend had a point, in which I was thinking it. They NEED a title match. None of this gang BS. Where is my title match to see who the best Diva is? Make the title mean something. Hell, the tag titles are starting to mean something again with a very decent tag match at SS and now the Dudleyz being back.
Old 08-26-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
There would be nothing wrong with Sting holding the belt for a month. Give us marks something to cheer for, and cement his legacy in WWE. Give him a rematch with Seth or whoever he wins it from, and have Taker cost him the match. Instant setup for Mania.
Um...you think Lesnar will just quickly forget about Taker? Not even close to an instant setup...
Old 08-26-15, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 104 Posts

Still don't understand these people that think we need or are even going to get a Sting Vs. Undertaker match. It makes no sense and even if it did, the WWE would never do it right. I like Sting in his current role where he shows up every now and then to stick it to the Authority.
Old 08-26-15, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

A couple of good articles:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/8/...t-of-champions

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ramming-league
Old 08-26-15, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Trying to understand the like for New Day. Horrible teaming. Poor Kofi.
Kofi looks like he's having more fun than at any other point in his WWE career. I think that's what you're missing. These guys are having fun and the crowd is picking up on that. The gimmick started out horribly and forced but the guys have run with it and made it their own. And seriously Xavier Woods playing taps when the other 2 hit their finisher was just gold.
Old 08-26-15, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 85 Posts

Booking Sting in a WWE Title match makes no sense to me. Here's a guy who first appeared on WWE programming last November, has had only one match in WWE five months ago at WM, and lost to HHH, who only wrestles once, maybe twice a year now.

Why does Sting even deserve a title match? This mind you, is coming from a huge Sting fan.
Old 08-26-15, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Booking Sting in a WWE Title match makes no sense to me. Here's a guy who first appeared on WWE programming last November, has had only one match in WWE five months ago at WM, and lost to HHH, who only wrestles once, maybe twice a year now.

Why does Sting even deserve a title match? This mind you, is coming from a huge Sting fan.
Cause like most things in Wrestling, why not? It's something new, and better than another Cena rematch.
Old 08-26-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

It makes sense with Night of Champions since Sting is a former champion. Since they have Sting under contract then might as well use him to sell a PPV.
Old 08-26-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Trying to understand the like for New Day. Horrible teaming. Poor Kofi.
Listen to their podcast with Jericho. Great bunch of hard-working guys worthy of the success they're enjoying.
http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/pro...593&pid=527589
Old 08-26-15, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Kofi looks like he's having more fun than at any other point in his WWE career. I think that's what you're missing. These guys are having fun and the crowd is picking up on that. The gimmick started out horribly and forced but the guys have run with it and made it their own. And seriously Xavier Woods playing taps when the other 2 hit their finisher was just gold.
New Day is one of the few things these days that makes me take my finger off the fast forward button.
Old 08-26-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TheKing - They're going to be on Smackdown as well. It'll probably be an extended run like the Outlaws had.

Brainee - Xavier Woods just slayed me breaking out "Taps" on the trombone as New Day hits their finisher.
So the Dudleyz are back for a little run now? (unlike when Bubba showed up only to disappear and head right back to TNA)
Hopefully they are. They seem in good shape.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...long-term-deal
Old 08-26-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Agreed. New Day has really grown on me over the past few months. Woods with the trombone was absolutely great, haha.
Old 08-26-15, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess I'm just looking at them as trying to be legit and not sit back and take them too seriously.
To me, they seemed like some gospel gimmick and another bad idea from Vince.
Old 08-26-15, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was the gimmick but much like "die Rocky die" the crowd shat on it and forced a change. And in my opinion just like The Rock this new gimmick is all them and not "creative". Try watching without the gospel thing in your mind. Also just notice how they play to and off of the crowd.
Old 08-26-15, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can you NOT like these guys?

Old 08-26-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ok ok I'll try and watch them in a different way next time.
Old 08-26-15, 10:01 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved this New Day interview with Michael Cole

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z9aoTLldUIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-26-15, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got to hand it to New Day. The crowd HATED them at first, but with their positivity and spirit, they won them over.
Old 08-26-15, 11:29 PM

Look deep in those crevices, Michael
AAAAAAAYYYY WE WANT SOME NEW DAY!!!!
Old 08-27-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok View Post
I loved this New Day interview with Michael Cole

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z9aoTLldUIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Dudley's do not respect furniture.
Old 08-27-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 831 Likes on 656 Posts

Most gimmicks are absolutely terrible and are up to the talent to make it work (and sometimes even then there's no chance). I think New Day is doing a great job running with what they've been given, we'll have to see if this is just a Fandango or something more substantial.
Old 08-27-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

In the Jericho podcast I linked above, New day talks about exactly what you guys are talking about. The gospel gimmick was Vince's idea and no matter what other ideas they'd pitch him, he was sold hard that his idea would work. We know how it turned out. So, New Day took it upon themselves to tweak everything to what we see now.
Old 08-31-15, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HULK HOGAN ADDRESSES RACIST RANT ON LEAKED TAPE, ASKS FOR FORGIVENESS - COMPLETE HOGAN ON 'GOOD MORNING AMERICA' REPORT
By Mike Johnson on 2015-08-31 07:59:10 Hulk Hogan appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" today, sitting down with Amy Robach in a segment that was taped last Thursday, addressing the leaked tapes that featuring Hogan using racist language that led to his WWE departure.
Robach noted Hogan was a "12 time World champion" and was fighting to maintain his legacy. They opened with a teary-eyed Hogan asking if they could stop the interview for a second so he could compose himself.

Hogan said that out of everything he's been through, "this one hit me probably the hardest." Robach noted Hogan had been "wiped from the WWE Hall of Fame" last month after portions of the conversation from his sex tape with Heather Clem leaked.

Hogan said he was at the lowest point of his life when the tape was recorded and was suicidal. He said he was very mad at his daughter Brooke and was upset over a situation involving her and her then-boyfriend. Hogan said he had no idea he was being taped.

Hogan was asked point blank if he was a racist and responded, "No, I'm not. I'm not a racist. I never should have said what I said. It was wrong. I'm embarrassed by it, but a lot of people need to realize that you inherit things from the environment and when I grew up, it was South Tampa...it was a rough neighborhood, very low income, and all my friends...we greeted each other saying that word. The word was thrown around like it was nothing."

Hogan was then asked if it was "fair to say he inherited a racial bias." He responded, "I would say that is very fair. The environment I grew up in....all my white friends, all my black friends, to hear that word on a daily basis. That's how they would greet me in the morning. 'Good morning, so and so.' I think it was part of the culture and the environment that I grew up in."

Hogan was then asked if he seeks forgiveness of his fans. He said, "Oh my gosh, please forgive me. Please forgive me. I'm a nice guy. I'm not the Hulk Hogan that rips his shirt off and bang, bang slams giants. I'm Terry Bollea. I'm just a normal man."

Hogan also addressed WWE distancing themselves from him and shutting down their entire relationship with him, noting, "My entire career...it was like it never happened." Robach presented it as if WWE had erased Hogan completely (in actuality, his matches remain on the WWE Network) and Hogan said it "absolutely" hurt.

Robach noted that many "big-wigs" have come to Hogan's defense, including The Rock and George Foreman. She also noted that Brooke herself came to Hogan's defense. Hogan began breaking down and tearing up as the reporter read a statement Brooke posted on Instagram. He said, "If anyone should have disowned me, it should have been her. She should have been the one to throw me out like the trash. Instead, she showed me more love than anybody."

Hogan was asked what Brooke said to him and that is when he asked to stop for a second so he could compose himself. Hogan said his daughter was so "supportive" and explained that Brooke was the "direction of my attack." He said he wasn't mad at her boyfriend as he was at Brooke when the tape was recorded. He claimed Brooke said, "I don't need to forgive you, because I'm not mad at you."

Hogan closed out saying, "Just because a person makes a mistake. You don't throw them away. If everybody at their lowest point was judged on one thing they said and all of a sudden their entire career was wiped out because of one thing they said, 10 or 20 years ago, it'd be a sad world. People get better every day. People get better."

Robach saying that Hogan claimed the day he was fired by WWE was the "greatest day ever because the truth will set you free" and he's working to really raise awareness of the impact that hateful language can have. He's hoping to make an impact. Still, he would give "his right arm" to be back involved with professional wrestling, but it remains to be seen whether WWE will allow that.

They closed out noting that Hogan is suing Gawker for $100 million in regard to the release of the sex tape and it will go to trial this Spring.

Hogan will also address the controversy on tonight's episode of "Nightline" on ABC. That appearance was also taped last Thursday.
Old 08-31-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

And Seth Rollins' tattooed girlfriend Zahra Schreiber is gone:

The WWE announced Monday that it has released Zahra Schreiber, who is the girifriend of WWE champion Seth Rollins.

Schreiber had a swastika in the background during a 2012 social media post, which came out this past week. She defended it by noting it was not Nazi related.

"WWE released Zahra Schreiber due to inapproporiate and offensive remarks she made that were recently brought to out attention," said the company in a statement.
I saw the posts. The initial one really wasn't a big deal - it was of an Eastern-religious set-up in her house where you could see a swastika (which really was a peaceful symbol for millennia until the Nazis appropriated it). But Schreiber lost the moral high ground by getting pissy and posting an image of a My Pretty Pony-style Hitler giving the Nazi salute shortly afterward Plus, she's had a bunch of tweets that were somewhat racist against blacks as well.

On a related rant ... when will people who use social media stop being dumbasses and realize these things are out there with your name on it for the whole world to see? Including people you might want to be become closely involved with: either personally or professionally.

I know ... as long as there are people, there will always be a bunch of them who are dumbasses. But maybe more of these incidents will make the less dumbass of them give a moment's thought before posting/tweeting non-anonymously.

Last edited by brainee; 08-31-15 at 05:49 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.