Reload this Page >

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Old 11-05-14, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Peterson was dropped in only one of my leagues, the one that runs waivers tonight so I put in a bid. Had to flip a coin between whether to dump Hyde or Randle and picked the former.

Made a few other roster tweaks:

In my Cam/Dalton league, I had to do something, and Carson Palmer was still on waivers so I picked him up and dropped Dalton. I dropped Cadet and missed out on Asiata but got Polk as a fallback.

In my Gio league, I dumped Ben Tate and picked up Jeremy Hill. Big Ben was still on the waiver wire so I tried to dump Kaep for him but missed out. This is an eight-team league with small rosters so there's a fair amount of talent on the WW, and some of the owners are... not aggressive. There was one game last week that ended 89-74-89.36, which was an amazing finish, but the winning team started two players on a bye and the loser started one. To the loser's credit, at least he benched the other players who were on a bye but didn't move to pick up another kicker. I need to pick up a D this week but am 7-2 and am almost tempted to punt for a week.

Also, I just discovered that my third league is also a money league so maybe I should have been paying more attention. Only my fourth is free. Fortunately I haven't ignored it and am 6-3.
Old 11-05-14, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up West as I need a flex start, but now I'm kinding of regretting it.

Should I pick up DET or GB for DST instead of SF @ NO?
Old 11-05-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Should I pick up DET or GB for DST instead of SF @ NO?
Detroit's been one of the top defenses all year.
Old 11-05-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

The Sanchise is my new starting QB. Yes, my season is already over, so this doesn't change anything. Dropped Foles.
Old 11-05-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Need advice:

Mike Wallace @ Detroit (allowed fewest FFP to WRs)
OR
Odell Beckham Jr @ Seattle (allowed 2nd fewest FFP to WRs)
Old 11-05-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to be rolling with Kyle Orton in the league that i'm 9-0 in. I put in a bid in for Sanchez, but was denied. I dropped Mettenberger for Orton. I figured Orton will have a better game against a tough defense than Mettenberger. I think the Ravens might eat him alive.

In one of my other leagues, I'm going to start AJ Green at WR with Emmanuel Sanders and Sanu at my flex spot. My other options are Kendall Wright and Patterson and I have more faith in Sanu at my flex position than them.
Old 11-05-14, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just dropped Vernon Davis for Mychal Rivera, since my main starter (Dwayne Allen) is on bye. I feel so weird dropping such a high value name, but Davis has been giving me nothing this season.
Old 11-05-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I just dropped Vernon Davis too. Not a lot of TE options for me in my league, and it's sad when Jason Witten has been a better option then Davis.
Old 11-06-14, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bradler View Post
Just dropped Vernon Davis for Mychal Rivera, since my main starter (Dwayne Allen) is on bye.
Same here, same players. Not that it matters at 2-7.
Old 11-06-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We use free agent auctions (blind bids) and had a guy put in an all-time record bid for Peterson last night, a bid that was actually startling when I saw it. Since our bids are real money (you have to cover what you spend after the season), he basically has to win an extra playoff game just to make that bid back.
Old 11-06-14, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My bid for Rivera got poached so I got Daniel Fells as a backup. Though Owen Daniels was dropped for Rivera and Zach Ertz for someone else, so I've put in bids for both those guys instead of Fells. I have to wait till Sunday for them to clear--stupid Thursday waiver run instead of Wednesday.

Somewhat surprisingly, in the same league I got AP, except now I have him wasting roster space along with Josh Gordon. To make it even better, this is the league I'm doing the worst in (4-5, though still in playoff position) so they might turn out to be completely useless. So I was probably sixth out of 12 in waiver priority. The guy that got Rivera must have been ahead of me, and he's also the one who originally drafted and dropped Peterson so maybe he didn't want anything more to do with him.
Old 11-06-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anybody deal with trading future draft picks or is there a site that gives a value for players? I'm trying to make trades with teams that are out of it and all that they care about is the draft pick and not really the player they get in return. A couple of guys I am looking at is Lacy from the Packers and Johnson from the Lions but they are asking for second round picks for next year and that seems high to me.
Old 11-06-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
My bid for Rivera got poached so I got Daniel Fells as a backup. Though Owen Daniels was dropped for Rivera and Zach Ertz for someone else, so I've put in bids for both those guys instead of Fells. I have to wait till Sunday for them to clear--stupid Thursday waiver run instead of Wednesday.

Somewhat surprisingly, in the same league I got AP, except now I have him wasting roster space along with Josh Gordon. To make it even better, this is the league I'm doing the worst in (4-5, though still in playoff position) so they might turn out to be completely useless. So I was probably sixth out of 12 in waiver priority. The guy that got Rivera must have been ahead of me, and he's also the one who originally drafted and dropped Peterson so maybe he didn't want anything more to do with him.
I didn't bother putting in a claim for AP for the same reason. Already have Josh Gordon clogging up my bench, and my record is middling (5-4) so I need all the wins I can get. Plus, because of byes and injuries I literally need every single body just to field a complete lineup this week.

I got all my FA targets though: Beckham Jr. (replacing Terrance Williams), Heath Miller (replacing Reed), Cowboys DST. And as much as I hate to drop a position player to cover a kicker bye, I dropped McKinnon to pick the Dolphins K. With his lack of TDs, I think I have a good shot at reclaiming McKinnon for week 11 (assuming there isn't anyone better).

I've mentally conceded that I'm doomed to lose week 10 anyway My opponent has no bye week or injury issues. And to rub salt in the wound, they have the backup to my injured Gio Bernard (Hill) ... and he's in the lineup starting against me with a pretty easy matchup (Browns). I'm not even going to look at the game or any scores until later on Sunday. I know I'm going to be down a 20 spot or so before I even get started. It'll take a miracle for me to win. Like Shady actually finding the endzone

Last edited by brainee; 11-06-14 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-06-14, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Better to have for a backup the rest of the season: Palmer or Newton? Easy money is on Palmer, but Cam's schedule is so favorable. I know, didn't help in the NO game though and all he has is Olsen and Benjamin.
Old 11-06-14, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
I didn't bother putting in a claim for AP for the same reason. Already have Josh Gordon clogging up my bench, and my record is middling (5-4) so I need all the wins I can get. Plus, because of byes and injuries I literally need every single body just to field a complete lineup this week.
I'm actually feeling OK with my starters other than McKinnon as my RB2. That's why I have Hyde (now AP), Randle, and the NE guy on my bench in case one of them pops.

I got all my FA targets though: Beckham Jr. (replacing Terrance Williams), Heath Miller (replacing Reed), Cowboys DST.

It'll take a miracle for me to win. Like Shady actually finding the endzone
And now Shady is questionable? WTF is up with that? At least he practiced today, though. I did pick up Polk just in case. I saw he was fourth in the league in rushing yards, which pretty much knocked me over with a feather. But yeah, it's the TDs.

Originally Posted by Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. View Post
Better to have for a backup the rest of the season: Palmer or Newton? Easy money is on Palmer, but Cam's schedule is so favorable. I know, didn't help in the NO game though and all he has is Olsen and Benjamin.
Are you hoping he'll never start? I'd say Palmer (though there are still injury concerns). If you want someone banked who might overtake your starter, it might be Cam (or might still be Palmer).
Old 11-06-14, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yikes! This Thursday night game is ugly. I made what is now turning out to be a horrible decision to start both Sanu and Green in one league... Andy Dalton has 40 yards passing halfway thru the third quarter.
Old 11-06-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And to rub salt in the wound, they have the backup to my injured Gio Bernard (Hill) ... and he's in the lineup starting against me with a pretty easy matchup (Browns). I'm not even going to look at the game or any scores until later on Sunday. I know I'm going to be down a 20 spot or so before I even get started.
OK ... I cheated and peaked. Suck it Hill! 3 measly points

BTW, someone dropped J Bell. He hasn't been great this season and has a home matchup against Dolphins. But it still seems like a better play than Andre Williams on the road @ Seattle, right?

Last edited by brainee; 11-06-14 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-07-14, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Sanu is my disappointing starter of the week. So far. Nobody can match Rivers -2.2 can they?
Old 11-07-14, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Dalton for giving me -3 points. How I miss Luck this week!
Old 11-07-14, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pick up of West was great, as he outscored my opponents Green and Hill....only problem is, I dropped the Browns DST to get him and I missed out on the Lions waiver claim.
Old 11-07-14, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In my league 1, my opponent went heavily into the TNF game and got 25 points out of Hill, Cundiff, and Cleveland.

In league 2, the same, but he got 15 out of Tate, Green, and Sanu. Bad week to double-dip on Cincinnati receivers.

In league 3, I had just dropped Dalton to pick up Carson Palmer.

In league 4, I dropped Ben Tate to start Jeremy Hill, which didn't work out so well for me.

Also in league 2 where I just picked up AP, I got a helpful text from another owner telling me to drop him because the NFL won't allow him to play. Yeah, I don't think there's been any final decision so I'll hold onto him a bit longer, thanks.

BTW, someone dropped J Bell. He hasn't been great this season and has a home matchup against Dolphins. But it still seems like a better play than Andre Williams on the road @ Seattle, right?
Yes.

Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Does anybody deal with trading future draft picks or is there a site that gives a value for players? I'm trying to make trades with teams that are out of it and all that they care about is the draft pick and not really the player they get in return. A couple of guys I am looking at is Lacy from the Packers and Johnson from the Lions but they are asking for second round picks for next year and that seems high to me.
Our league trades draft picks. I assume yours isn't a keeper league. If so, you have to look at next year's crop as a completely new draft, and the kind of guys who were going in the second round. That does seem really high for, say, five games of a playoff run, especially for a not-sure-thing like Lacy, or Megatron for that matter. But in a case like this, it's pretty much what the market will bear. If someone bites on that second-round price, you can bet that the next guy is going to want the same thing. Our league dealt a lot of seventh-round picks, but that was with teams holding five players each as one-year keepers, so that's closer to 12th round. I once dealt a third-rounder, but that was for a pretty hefty package and under the same rules, so it was sort of like an eighth-rounder.

CBS does a weekly chart assigning trade values in dollars.

Last edited by davidh777; 11-07-14 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-07-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good start to the week, had T West in both my lineups
Old 11-07-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Bengals D, going against TWest and Cle D...
Old 11-07-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In league 3, I had just dropped Dalton to pick up Carson Palmer.
As bad as things could go, you can always console yourself that at least you didn't start Andy Dalton

Also in league 2 where I just picked up AP, I got a helpful text from another owner telling me to drop him because the NFL won't allow him to play.
That's awfully nice of him, looking out for you like that
Old 11-07-14, 05:30 PM

My WR's are killing me. Have 3 starting spots, and used ODB & Justin Hunter for the first two. Now for the third slot...start Reuben Randle or Andre Holmes?

I know I know, terrible WR lineup. To be fair, this is my first time playing, and it's in a 16 person league. Plus, I forgot to draft a WR until the 7th pick lol.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.