Reload this Page >

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Old 08-25-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2014

wow, eddie lacy fell that far? definitely a good grab.
Old 08-25-14, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Maybe he already traded the player he was offering, and the system screwed up?
I just checked the league and no trades happened today....
Old 08-25-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

is it a yahoo league by chance? yahoo has been fucked up all day. rosters are jacked up and mocks have been crashing. maybe that's the issue.
Old 08-25-14, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
is it a yahoo league by chance? yahoo has been fucked up all day. rosters are jacked up and mocks have been crashing. maybe that's the issue.
Nope. It's an ESPN league.
Old 08-25-14, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have my leagues draft this Friday night. We each keep one player with me keeping Doug Martin.

I have the 5th pick in the draft (12 team PPR league). I was thinking that might be Jimmy Graham territory since I know he won't be kept.

So far the keepers are
Martin
Charles
Mccoy
Andre Ellington
Forte
Giovanni Bernard
Calvin Johnson
(Other owners haven't announced who they're keeping yet)

Should I go graham at 5 or something different?
Old 08-25-14, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

who the hell does the guy have that he's not keeping graham?
Old 08-25-14, 05:37 PM

who the hell does the guy have that he's not keeping graham?
Mccoy
Old 08-25-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Da Punisher 611 View Post
Mccoy
ok. that makes sense.
Old 08-25-14, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Did he win last year?

I don't know why, but it seems like there's a lot more up in the air this year than other years as far as how players will do. I mean Toby Gerhart is a top RB pick (and my RB1). Lots of aging stars falling far, especially RBs, because nobody wants to catch a falling knife. A ton of hype for the rookie offensive players some of which seems ridiculous to me, but everyone wants upside.

On a side note, if the Patriots do for whatever reason cut Ridley, I wonder if that's good or bad for his stock...
Old 08-25-14, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm impressed that he passed on Lacy in the first and still got him in the second.

Originally Posted by Da Punisher 611 View Post
So I have my leagues draft this Friday night. We each keep one player with me keeping Doug Martin.

I have the 5th pick in the draft (12 team PPR league). I was thinking that might be Jimmy Graham territory since I know he won't be kept.

So far the keepers are
Martin
Charles
Mccoy
Andre Ellington
Forte
Giovanni Bernard
Calvin Johnson
(Other owners haven't announced who they're keeping yet)

Should I go graham at 5 or something different?
Just looking at the list of keepers so far, you have four guys already out of the pool who are generally considered higher picks than Graham (Charles, McCoy, Forget, and Megatron). That leaves two players who are generally taken ahead of him (AP, Peyton), plus guys who are in that general vicinity like Lacy, Lynch, Rodgers, Brees, Bryant, Thomas, and Green.

I kinda think you're not going to get a shot at Graham, especially if AP and Peyton end up on the keeper list.
Old 08-25-14, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I'm impressed that he passed on Lacy in the first and still got him in the second.

Just looking at the list of keepers so far, you have four guys already out of the pool who are generally considered higher picks than Graham (Charles, McCoy, Forget, and Megatron). That leaves two players who are generally taken ahead of him (AP, Peyton), plus guys who are in that general vicinity like Lacy, Lynch, Rodgers, Brees, Bryant, Thomas, and Green.

I kinda think you're not going to get a shot at Graham, especially if AP and Peyton end up on the keeper list.
I'm hoping he slips to 5...
Just about everyone in my league values RB's like they are gold.
I'm thinking Murray Lacey lynch and bell will go with the 4 picks before I pick.
Old 08-26-14, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

why take 2 QBs? in a shallow league, there should be plenty of WW guys to fill in if you need one for injured QB. seems like wasted pick by taking 2 QBs
A lot of it depends on your league. Mine has 21 players per team so pickings tend to be pretty slim (we start three RBs along with three WRs and a TE). We only start one QB, but people traditionally draft THREE. I finally gave up on that and just went with two. Even two can seem like a lot, but if something happens, I don't want to start a #20ish QB. Not that there are any guarantees when you have two, of course.

I did a draft on Sunday via Yahoo, and the mobile app wouldn't let me in at all. Ten minutes in, I gave up and booted up my laptop. I had missed the first three rounds but was able to draft #s 4-9 before I had to leave the house, and of course it still wouldn't let me in. Not till two hours later could I actually see the team it had mostly drafted for me.

Tonight I was participating in a couple mock drafts on ESPN until their service apparently shut down and said they had no more mock drafts. So I switched over to Yahoo and joined a draft there. Then about 12 rounds in, the screen froze (this was on my laptop), and I could see picks happening but I couldn't actually pick myself. I eventually just gave up and left.

I know fantasy is a huge server hit. And I know I'm part of the problem, because last year I was in a CBS league and a Yahoo league, and this year I added two ESPN leagues. And last year I did no mocks while this year I've probably done 10. But this is the only thing I use Yahoo for, and I know people who are migrating away from their services. If you want to kill your brand, especially among what must be a highly desired demographic, botching fantasy football is a great way to do it.
Old 08-26-14, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Who would you rather have? Ball or Murray at RB? I have one guy offering me Murray and Floyd for Forte. Another guy said Matthews and Morris for Forte.
Old 08-26-14, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Charles, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Forte, Megatron, AP, McCoy, Graham, Bell went before my Thomas pick, and...

...I was confident the guy drafting behind me w/ the 12th/13th picks wouldn't make me regret my first one. He took Bernard and Bryant.
Old 08-26-14, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Here's my work league one. Dynamic was totally different than my main league. People were reaching for guys all day long. So everyone had a QB by like round 6 or so, so I made a calculated guess that the 3 remaining guys I would target would be available in the last round. I got the guy I wanted.

1. (6) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
2. (15) Montee Ball (Den - RB)
3. (26) Andre Ellington (Ari - RB)
4. (35) Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
5. (46) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
6. (55) Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)
7. (66) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
8. (75) Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
9. (86) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
10. (95) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
11. (106) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
12. (115) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
13. (126) Mason Crosby (GB - K)
14. (135) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
Old 08-26-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
Charles, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Forte, Megatron, AP, McCoy, Graham, Bell went before my Thomas pick, and...

...I was confident the guy drafting behind me w/ the 12th/13th picks wouldn't make me regret my first one. He took Bernard and Bryant.
So Bell and Bernard went before Lacy presumably because of the PPR, and the big three quarterbacks went early because of the six-point passing TDs. That makes some sense. Still, I think you did well with Lacy.

Here's my work league one. Dynamic was totally different than my main league. People were reaching for guys all day long. So everyone had a QB by like round 6 or so, so I made a calculated guess that the 3 remaining guys I would target would be available in the last round. I got the guy I wanted.

1. (6) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
2. (15) Montee Ball (Den - RB)
3. (26) Andre Ellington (Ari - RB)
4. (35) Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
5. (46) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
6. (55) Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)
7. (66) Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
8. (75) Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
9. (86) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
10. (95) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
11. (106) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
12. (115) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
13. (126) Mason Crosby (GB - K)
14. (135) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
You got Romo in the last round
Old 08-26-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So Bell and Bernard went before Lacy presumably because of the PPR, and the big three quarterbacks went early because of the six-point passing TDs. That makes some sense. Still, I think you did well with Lacy.
Yeah, the quarterback scoring has been skewed for years. A few of us have been pushing for four-point passing TD's for years, but haven't made any headway w/ the majority of the league. Assholes.
Old 08-26-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

You got Romo in the last round
during the draft, as i could see what was happening with QBs, I told my buddy I was going to draft my K in the 2nd to last round and my QB in the last. it worked out and he enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 08-26-14, 11:59 PM

Draft question for the experts on here. I have 0.5 PPR League draft where you also draft an individual defensive player. Around what round should I draft my defensive player and should I also draft a backup defensive player?
Old 08-27-14, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another ESPN draft, 5th pick

LeSean McCoy RB
Jimmy Graham TE
Le'Veon Bell RB
Alfred Morris RB
Randall Cobb WR
Vincent Jackson WR
Pierre Garcon WR
Joique Bell RB
Kendall Wright WR
Matt Ryan QB
Mike Wallace WR
Danny Woodhead RB
Buccaneers D/ST D/ST
Philip Rivers QB
Brandin Cooks WR
Blair Walsh K
Old 08-27-14, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I need some help here. First time doing an auction draft and I'm a little worried. The settings are kind of quirky. With the flex position you are allowed QB/RB/WR/TE and QB TDs are 6 points. 1 PPR, 12 team league.

QBs: Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Smith
RBs: Gore, Tate, Woodhead, Rice
WRs: Welker, Demaryious Thomas, Harvin, Tavon Austin
TE: Heath Miller
K: Prater
D: Cinci

So here are my problems: RBs are pretty weak. So is my TE. Every single one of my WRs plus my kicker and D are on a bye Week 4. I think I gotta dump Prater. Maybe Alex Smith and Tavon Austin, too. I put Alex Smith up for bid because teams were bidding for QBs but nobody bid more than my $1 starting bid so I was stuck with him. According to our settings, last year Alex Smith scored more points than AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, and Jimmy Graham so QBs are pretty valuable in our league, I think. Should I try to make some moves now, or wait a couple weeks into the season when people might be more willing to trade?
Old 08-27-14, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would start Rodgers and Luck each week. Put in Wilson when either is on a bye. Lose Smith for a WR that can fill in on bye weeks. Drop Prater as well since he is out the first 4 weeks of the season. Your RB may be fine if Rice can play like he should.
Old 08-27-14, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, that was my thinking. I was going to start Rodgers and Luck with Wilson filling in and maybe trading him if someone is desperate. Auction drafts are kinda fun. I like that you can get anybody you really want instead of hoping to get a good draft position.
Old 08-27-14, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm taking part in 3 leagues for money this season. Feeling confident, won both leagues I was in last year ($400). First draft was last night. 12 team PPR.

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Julio Jones
3) Montee Ball
4) Pierre Garcon
5) Andre Ellington
6) Emmanuel Sanders
7) Matt Ryan
8) Kyle Rudolph
9) RGIII
10) Justin Hunter
11) Brandin Cooks
12) Jordan Reed
13) Bengals D/ST
14) Blair Walsh

Last edited by Osiris3657; 08-27-14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-27-14, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Draft question for the experts on here. I have 0.5 PPR League draft where you also draft an individual defensive player. Around what round should I draft my defensive player and should I also draft a backup defensive player?
I have a little experience with a league that includes IDPs, and they are always low priority guys. I'd wait til near the end and I wouldn't worry about backups, especially if the bench space was needed for other players.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.