Reload this Page >

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Old 09-09-14, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Fantasy Football Talk 2014

Who do you think my higher waiver number should be used on: Kelvin Benjamin or Justin Forsett? I don't think my team has a pressing need for one position over another (WR vs RB).

QB: Luck, Ryan
RB: McCoy, Bernard, Jennings, DWilliams, Woodhead
WR: DThomas, Allen, Patterson, Randle
TE: Ertz, Reed

Woodhead, Randle, and Reed all seem like waiver wire fodder at this point. I'm leaning Benjamin since he seems to be in a position to deliver WR2 numbers this season. I'm unsure of Forsett. He's been around and while he's shown flashes he's never been able to grab a higher-level role. I don't know. I have a feeling I have a 50/50 shot of getting the one I put in the top priority for, and zero chance of getting the second.
Old 09-09-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Who do you think my higher waiver number should be used on: Kelvin Benjamin or Justin Forsett? I don't think my team has a pressing need for one position over another (WR vs RB).

QB: Luck, Ryan
RB: McCoy, Bernard, Jennings, DWilliams, Woodhead
WR: DThomas, Allen, Patterson, Randle
TE: Ertz, Reed

Woodhead, Randle, and Reed all seem like waiver wire fodder at this point. I'm leaning Benjamin since he seems to be in a position to deliver WR2 numbers this season. I'm unsure of Forsett. He's been around and while he's shown flashes he's never been able to grab a higher-level role. I don't know. I have a feeling I have a 50/50 shot of getting the one I put in the top priority for, and zero chance of getting the second.
Benjamin. Hands down.

He looked every bit the part of a #1 receiver, especially when he engulfed a corner with his long arms to grab a TD off of his back. He could easily be an every-week start at WR2. Forsett got looks because Pierce was unable to hold onto the ball. But the Ravens have an uninspiring offense and are likely to be in an RBBC by the end of Thursday's game against Das Burgh. Forsett will help your weekly RB depth but I don't see him as a season-changer.

Besides, if you delete the "wire fodder" from your roster, you need Benjamin for depth more than Forsett. Go get Kelvin 'Private' Benjamin.
Old 09-09-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Agree on Benjamin.
Old 09-09-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, if he wasn't already owned in my league I'd go after him myself.
Old 09-10-14, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, that's where I was leaning anyway. You know how it's nice sometimes to hear others thinking the same way though I'll try #1 dropping Randle for Benjamin, #2 dropping Woodhead for Forsett ... and for a hail mary I'll put in #3 dropping Reed for Josh Gordon I probably won't get any of them, but I can go to sleep dreaming happy thoughts
Old 09-10-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moreno (BUF), Matthews (SEA), or Pierce (PIT)?

Garçon (JAX), Bowe (DEN), Edelman (MIN), or Tory Smith (PIT)?
Old 09-10-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What the heck? One of my leagues runs waivers tonight instead of last night. The guy who I mentioned added Tony Gonzalez? He dropped Markus Wheaton to make the move so I'm trying to get him and Forsett. I did add Starks in another league and will see how Lacy progresses.

I'm going to be camping this weekend and probably away from cell coverage from Friday night to Sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
Moreno (BUF), Matthews (SEA), or Pierce (PIT)?

Garçon (JAX), Bowe (DEN), Edelman (MIN), or Tory Smith (PIT)?
Moreno and, uh, Edelman.
Old 09-10-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Moreno and Garcon
Old 09-10-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
But you guys just said the cbs interface sucks and is getting worse. So what's the benefit? I actually though cbs had free leagues too.
We are paying for our league's 13-year history at this point.

I'm over it.

Fuck CBSsports.com

What they have done to the site over the past two years is awful.
Old 09-10-14, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the recap email from cbssports yesterday, so at least that is 'neat'. I was a new addition to this league and had no idea they were paying for it.

No idea what to do for RB2 this week. Mathews vs SEA, Ingram @ CLE, or Stacy @ TB.

Pierce was dropped for Forsett in my league, so I might try to snag him just in case.
Old 09-10-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Ben Tate out 2-4 weeks
Old 09-10-14, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah saw that, what a wasted pick. Luckily he fell a bit to where I took him.
Old 09-10-14, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I notice ESPN's fantasy site was down for maintenance last night. Horrible timing considering it took away the last couple of hours before the deadline for waiver claim submissions. I got mine in, but I wonder how many people got screwed because they figured they could wait until the last couple of hours (before midnight PST).
Old 09-10-14, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
I got the recap email from cbssports yesterday, so at least that is 'neat'. I was a new addition to this league and had no idea they were paying for it.

No idea what to do for RB2 this week. Mathews vs SEA, Ingram @ CLE, or Stacy @ TB.

Pierce was dropped for Forsett in my league, so I might try to snag him just in case.
I'd go with Ingram.
Old 09-10-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah saw that, what a wasted pick. Luckily he fell a bit to where I took him.
Yeah, Foster fell to the fourth round (after Bush but before Ellington, Bell, and Stacy) and Tate to the fifth (right after Gerhart but before Mathews and Jennings), and I couldn't resist the value of both despite the risks. I can go with Joique or CJ0.5K in a pinch.
Old 09-10-14, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Matthews, Stacy, or Ingram...I do have a lot more faith in Stacy picking it up than I do Gerhart on my Yahoo roster.
Old 09-10-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Was offered Cobb and Forte for Megatron and Pierce...I'm very deep at WR (Thomas, Garçon, Edelman, Welker, Gordon (ha), Tory Smith, Bowe). Not so much at RB (Matthews, Foster, Pierce, Moreno, Tate).
Old 09-10-14, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Cam Newton at home against the Lions

or

Nick Foles @ Indy?
Old 09-10-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Cam Newton at home against the Lions

or

Nick Foles @ Indy?
that's tough. Lions looked D looked good, but they were playing NYG. Foles looked terrible for a half, but then looked great. I think Foles is the right choice here.

Edit: Fantasy Pros says Foles is #5 and Newton is #14, so I'd probably roll with Foles.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb.php
Old 09-10-14, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I haven't analyzed the teams, but I wouldn't have a problem with the move. The Cards have lost some significant players, and Houston has Watt and hopefully Clowney in a few weeks.
Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
The Cards have quite a few cupcakes coming up on their schedule as well, especially those delicious rack of Rams twice.
Thanks, I'll probably roll with the Texans.
Old 09-11-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just had this offered to me:

Carlos Hyde, Arian Foster and DeAndre Hopkins for Victor
Cruz and Demaryius Thomas.
I have Gore.

Thomas and Cruz are my top two WR's.

That's a big ol' nope.
Old 09-11-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but if you give up on your 1st/early 2nd rounder (like Demaryius) after one week, I'm not sure what to say.
Old 09-11-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's trading season! Our commissioner proposed barring all trades till after week 4, but I said that made no sense. If I lose a QB in week 1, then I'd have to go for the waiver wire to get by for three weeks instead of making a deal for someone else's backup. The proposal was rejected.

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
What the heck? One of my leagues runs waivers tonight instead of last night. The guy who I mentioned added Tony Gonzalez? He dropped Markus Wheaton to make the move so I'm trying to get him and Forsett. I did add Starks in another league and will see how Lacy progresses.
I missed out on Forsett but got Wheaton.

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
I notice ESPN's fantasy site was down for maintenance last night. Horrible timing considering it took away the last couple of hours before the deadline for waiver claim submissions. I got mine in, but I wonder how many people got screwed because they figured they could wait until the last couple of hours (before midnight PST).
Yeah, I ran into that too. Fortunately I'd already put in my bids and was just trying to check their status.

Was offered Cobb and Forte for Megatron and Pierce...I'm very deep at WR (Thomas, Garçon, Edelman, Welker, Gordon (ha), Tory Smith, Bowe). Not so much at RB (Matthews, Foster, Pierce, Moreno, Tate).
That's a tricky one. You're losing the best player, and if Moreno is for real and Mathews and Foster hold up (ha), you have three solid guys there. You have a ton of WRs but obviously you can't rely on Welker, Gordon, or Bowe yet, and Torrey looked unreliable after week 1 as well. Cobb is a solid replacement, though, and you'd get a bellcow RB. I guess I'd lean toward making the deal.

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
The Cards have quite a few cupcakes coming up on their schedule as well, especially those delicious rack of Rams twice.
And Seattle and San Francisco twice.

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
that's tough. Lions looked D looked good, but they were playing NYG. Foles looked terrible for a half, but then looked great. I think Foles is the right choice here.

Edit: Fantasy Pros says Foles is #5 and Newton is #14, so I'd probably roll with Foles.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb.php
Since I'll be out of town, I'm going to have to make a decision on Cam early. I probably have to roll with him in both leagues over Dalton and RGIII.

Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
I just had this offered to me:

I have Gore.

Thomas and Cruz are my top two WR's.

That's a big ol' nope.
Yeah, he's just hoping you're panicking about both Gore and Thomas after week 1.
Old 09-11-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to figure out what to do here:

WR2: Fitz or Cordarrelle

Flex: loser of above, Ellington, T West
Old 09-11-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm trying to decide between starting MJD, Fred Jackson, or Terrance West as my RB2.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.