Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk
Reload this Page >

NFL Sunday Ticket NO LONGER requires a DirecTV account!

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

NFL Sunday Ticket NO LONGER requires a DirecTV account!

Old 08-31-18, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket NO LONGER requires a DirecTV account!

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Thanks for that direct number. Makes thing easier.
Yes, it is nice. Plus you know who you are talking to (loyalty department) and not just being transferred over to another random CSR that can't do much for you.

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
And no new contract which is always good.
I think I haven't been 'in contract' for years now. I don't think they push that as hard as they used to, or maybe if you've been with them long enough (10 years now for me) they figure you aren't likely to go anywhere anyway.

In a way I kind of feel bad for people who don't call in because they are paying maybe $100/month more than I am for the same service. Then again, if everyone did it DTV would probably have to put a stop to it.
Old 08-31-18, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk God

The contract rqmt is YMMV. Sometimes they require it, sometimes they don't. I've played this game for 10 years and probably 4 or 5 times they make you contract for a year.

Last year I called in August and got free RZC - no ST. Then a week later I got an e-mail for free ST MAX and got it off that with no contract required w/o having to call.
Old 09-03-18, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Many thanks for the direct number! I called this morning, was immediately connected to an agent, and told her I was considering ST, but $400 was more than I could handle. She gave me the ST Max at a discount and $60 off a month for 12 months. No contract extension was ever mentioned. I was surprised to get the $60 off for 12 months deal because we already have several discounts due to having AT&T as our cell phone provider, so our monthly bill is only $89.99. So I guess after January our bill will be....$30??
Old 09-03-18, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Excellent!

I wondered about that, as in what if I now dropped down to the lowest subscription package with all of my discounts locked in...once ST rolls off could they end up needing to send me a small check every month? I sort of doubt they would let me keep my various channel discounts if I dropped the channels, but who knows?
Old 07-12-19, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Finally called in. FYI: Direct dial number to the Retention LOYALTY Department is:
Spoiler:
1-800-824-9077
Bump for later next month.