DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 08-11-15, 10:20 AM   #51
DVD Talk Legend

Only applies if you're unable to get DirecTV due to line of site or other issues
Old 08-11-15, 11:09 AM   #52
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket NO LONGER requires a DirecTV account!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post
Yeah thats BS pricing. It would be nice to have since I just dropped DTV to go to Comcast for purely monetary purposes but DAMN thats not worth it at all.
Especially charging 60 bucks extra so you can actually watch it on a tv screen instead of a dang mobile phone. I believe I paid about $180 last year for NBA streaming and that got me months of nightly games to stream.
Old 08-11-15, 11:49 AM   #53
DVD Talk Legend

I think I read it last year but can you stream to multiple devices at once? Meaning could you chop the price with a couple of friends? $50 a month is just way to much for this service.
"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."
Old 08-11-15, 11:58 AM   #54
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

The most I'd be willing to pay is $10 a Sunday to stream the games and Red Zone.
Old 08-11-15, 01:05 PM   #55
DVD Talk Legend

My Canadian cable provider offers Sunday Ticket for $40 a month (minimum of 4 months commitment) with $50 for the season cost for RedZone. The good thing is that it includes MLB, NBA, NHL and College Football games along with the NFL games.
Old 08-11-15, 07:15 PM   #56
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
24.99 a month sounds awesome. i wonder if my niece who is in college can just order it and i just use the account. would that work?
I just went through the website. It verifies the student based on the college and DOB. My friend's son is a local University student. The website verified him and gave access to the service. You don't even need to use an .edu email address. You do need to use the student's CC and their billing address. I'm giving my friend's son $100 and he's charging the $99 to his debit card. Sweet!

I imagine you could get by with a Visa Gift card and only need your niece's name, college and DOB.

Edit : I completed the purchase with a $100 Visa Gift Card using my email and address. Just registered the card in his name with my address. Easy-peasy.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.

Last edited by Decker; 08-11-15 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-25-15, 09:38 AM   #57
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
I pay $40 for the ENTIRE SEASON of RedZone. There is no way I'll pay this much for ST. I'll just go up to the bar down the street when I want to watch an OOM game.
$50 for me, but still a bargain!
Linky: https://www.smithville.com/nflredzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
Fortunately for me, I just this morning converted my house into a huge single-unit apartment, and my landlord (me) won't let the building's only tennant (me) get DirecTV, so I should be able to sign up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I just went through the website. It verifies the student based on the college and DOB. My friend's son is a local University student. The website verified him and gave access to the service.

Edit : I completed the purchase with a $100 Visa Gift Card using my email and address. Just registered the card in his name with my address. Easy-peasy.
I'm curious - how did the site verify that your contact was a college student? Because I'm more than willing to convert my huge single-unit apartment into a College and let everybody here "enroll" for a couple of bucks.

Old 08-25-15, 12:58 PM   #58
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post

I'm curious - how did the site verify that your contact was a college student? Because I'm more than willing to convert my huge single-unit apartment into a College and let everybody here "enroll" for a couple of bucks.

It asked for the student's Name, DOB and name of university or college attended. I think they check the school's enrollment list or something like that. Don't need an .edu email address. I used my friend's kid's name and DOB (with his permission). Used my email address, my billing address. Bought a $100 Visa Gift card and registered it to his name and my address then just redeemed it. Cost me $106 for the season.

Hell, I bet there's a John Smith enrolled at a huge school like Texas or Michigan with a birthday today. Just sayin'...

Old 09-13-15, 05:30 PM   #59
DVD Talk Hero

First week of Sunday Ticket and all went smooth. The mobile app works great on both my Android phone and iPad.
I've tried both the Xbox One and PS4 app. The Xbox is nice because they have these "Next Gen Stats" where you can watch animated, diagramed TD and key play highlights. Still on the XO the interface gets cluttered and confusing since the Sunday Ticket package is integrated into the larger NFL app. On the PS4, the Sunday Ticket app is stand-alone which makes for a cleaner interface and much easier, quicker swapping from game-to-game.

Old 08-03-16, 11:24 AM   #60
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like the site is alive again for the upcoming season. I tried to renew the College account I made in my friend's name, but that part didn't work yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks...

Old 08-03-16, 01:53 PM   #61
DVD Talk God

i need to find a college kid with an email address as a backup in case DTV won't give me a deal.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 08-03-16, 04:41 PM   #62
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have been using my niece's email/address the last few years. She graduates this year, I have been telling her she needs to go to grad school
Old 08-03-16, 04:43 PM   #63
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
i need to find a college kid with an email address as a backup in case DTV won't give me a deal.
Yeah, if I dump DTV and go with FIOS, I might ask my niece to sign up for this. Nice to have in a pinch. Just wish Roku supported it.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 08-03-16, 07:18 PM   #64
DVD Talk God

success. found a guy who said i can use his college email address. if i can't get a deal from DTV, i guess i'm streaming red zone this season.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 08-03-16, 08:24 PM   #65
DVD Talk Hero

As I said before, you don't need to use a college email address, just a name, University and birth date.

I used this college kid's name, University and DOB. I bought a $100 Visa gift card, registered it in his name with my address and email and then paid the subscription with that. Worked like a charm
Old 08-03-16, 09:06 PM   #66
DVD Talk God

Quote:
As I said before, you don't need to use a college email address, just a name, University and birth date.

I used this college kid's name, University and DOB. I bought a $100 Visa gift card, registered it in his name with my address and email and then paid the subscription with that. Worked like a charm
Ok. I was worried I would have to use his email for registration and validation.

Old 08-04-16, 04:34 PM   #67
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I can confirm now that it's the same verification system as last year. No .edu email required.

This year they're also offering NFL Game Pass for an additional $50
Quote:

On Demand replays of all 256 regular season games
Live home and away radio of every NFL game
On Demand replays of all games from 2009-2015, including Super Bowls
Available in HD on virtually any laptop, tablet, phone, or connected device like a game console

NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis after such games have aired on broadcast television. Audio feeds may be subject to availability. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit www.nfl.com/gamepass.
Not sure if I should spring for that as well (and not sure if I can buy a $150 Visa Gift Card to register in the Student's name -- don't want to have to buy two Visa gift cards and pay for two $7 service fees.). I can't really imagine that I would watch that many preseason games or that many game replays, though some might be fun to check out while I'm running on the treadmill during the week.

Old 08-28-16, 11:44 PM   #68
Banned

My wife is a student. Just signed up 24.99 for 4mos is a great price Sunday ticket. I believe I can use the Xbox one and my Apple TV so I'm set
Old 08-28-16, 11:50 PM   #69
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah. It's a great deal. I went ahead and sprung for the NFL Game Pass for an additional $50. Don't know if I really needed it, but I did enjoy watching some Pre-Season games this week.

And yes to the Xbox One. It incorporates into the NFL app.
Old 08-29-16, 03:23 PM   #70

Quote:

I tried to signup using a college students name and university with a $100 Visa gift card and get the following error message:

Looks like something went wrong on our end. Please try again or check back later.

Anyone else get this error?

Last edited by leech1980; 09-08-16 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-29-16, 03:56 PM   #71
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NFL Game Pass hasn't worked on Roku since the beginning of the Pre-season games.

It had many problems with Roku last year and only went back a few seasons(didn't have 2009,2010,2011 seasons).

They are supposedly working on it for this season but so far, nothing.
Old 08-29-16, 04:02 PM   #72
DVD Talk Legend

Well I just signed up using my brothers name and college but my email address (does is scare anyone else how fast it searched through a college database to verify eligibility?) but I used my own credit card and it went through fine. I wonder if it's because we have the same last name?
"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."
Old 08-29-16, 06:03 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Well I just signed up using my brothers name and college but my email address (does is scare anyone else how fast it searched through a college database to verify eligibility?) but I used my own credit card and it went through fine. I wonder if it's because we have the same last name?
I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Last edited by leech1980; 09-08-16 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-30-16, 06:00 AM   #74
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is amazing how much of a pain in the ass they make it to give them money .. there are no circumstances in which I would every buy DirectTV again, I had them for 7 or 8 years ... but I have no problem paying for the streaming package.
Old 08-30-16, 02:12 PM   #75
DVD Talk Hero

So what link am I using? My niece just started college.