DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

Old 07-17-14, 11:10 AM   #26
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket NO LONGER requires a DirecTV account!

Is it available for free if you already have NFL Sunday Ticket? Don't see that mentioned anywhere.
Old 07-17-14, 11:24 AM   #27
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcastja View Post
I wonder if multiple people can use the same account at the same time, like with HBOGo.
doubtful. they usually only allow one login at a time. i know there are exceptions to that rule (MLB.tv).
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 07-17-14, 12:02 PM   #28
DVD Talk Hero

Hmmm... I've never really had to contemplate this before being a cable TV user. I like Red Zone for $40, but man it would be nice to have the whole package of games. I'll probably break down and get the Console package.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 07-17-14, 12:14 PM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktick View Post
Does the regular Sunday Ticket for DTV customers include streaming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
Is it available for free if you already have NFL Sunday Ticket? Don't see that mentioned anywhere.
I dunno. I'm not a DTV customer. If you are, check with your provider.
Old 07-17-14, 12:34 PM   #30
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody know if I can use Air Play on my AppleTV to watch the games from my iPad?

PSN - sauce07
Old 07-17-14, 01:33 PM   #31
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce07 View Post
Anybody know if I can use Air Play on my AppleTV to watch the games from my iPad?
Comments in this thread imply that will not be available at the $200 tier.
Old 07-17-14, 01:40 PM   #32
DVD Talk Legend

BTW - Once the news broke about this yesterday it has started to be picked up by other sources. There is some skepticism about whether this offer is available nationwide, due to the following text in the offer's fineprint:

"NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service will begin Sunday, September 7, 2014 and is only available in limited areas to non-DIRECTV customers located in eligible ZIP codes/select properties."

Diving deeper:

"According to DirecTV, the streaming version of NFL Sunday Ticket is available for those in an apartment building where DirecTV isn't supported, as well as those living in New York City, Philadelphia or San Francisco. The service is also available at ten colleges: University of Washington, University of Texas at Austin, University of Southern California, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Florida, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Alabama, Syracuse University, The Ohio State University and Harvard University." --- source: Tom's Guide US (July 17, 2014 10:30 AM)

Fortunately for me, I just this morning converted my house into a huge single-unit apartment, and my landlord (me) won't let the building's only tennant (me) get DirecTV, so I should be able to sign up.
Old 07-17-14, 01:49 PM   #33
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, website tells me I'm ineligible. Fuck them.

edit : Using my sister's address in San Francisco, I'm eligible. I wonder if I could work around it somehow...

Last edited by Decker; 07-17-14 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-17-14, 02:05 PM   #34
DVD Talk God

DTV is going to get a ton of blowback on this, especially since they haven't even really talked about this yet.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 07-17-14, 02:47 PM   #35
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think I'll ever get that $50 deal on a season again.
Old 07-17-14, 08:30 PM   #36
DVD Talk Legend

I remember last year with the Madden deal I was concerned about the language they used in the description:

Quote:
The wording on this deal still scares me:

Quote:
Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
The way I read that, is if you are a DirecTV subscriber you get jack unless you subscribe to Sunday Ticket Max (which makes absolutely no sense, because isn't that package the one that includes Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet or mobile?) If you're not a DirecTV subscriber but you can get it, you get a discount on subscription. If you absolutely positively cannot get DirecTV, then hey, free mobile sunday ticket.

I know people are saying to just tell them you live in an apartment that doesn't allow satellites or something, but I wonder how stringent this is going to be.

Also, unless the DirecTV app programs in Chromecast compatibility (fat chance), or if you can play it through Chrome, I doubt people will be able to watch this on their TV with Chromecast.

edited to add: the EA guy says that you don't need to subscribe to DirecTV to get this offer:

http://kotaku.com/madden-special-edi...n-wi-508524868

But it's still worded that way, so who knows?
Old 07-29-14, 02:33 AM   #37
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I was always excited about this because I don't have DirecTV, but based on the previous posts, it doesn't look like very many people can even get this online.

FUCK.
Old 08-24-14, 04:26 PM   #38
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry for the bump, but I'm just looking into this now, and I'm dumbfounded.

I cut the cord a few years ago. Last year I got in on the Madden deal, and had this service for next to nothing because of it. I thought it was great, and was going to purchase it at full price this year.

Just went to the website, put my address in, and it says it's not available in my area. I don't get it. It was available in my area last year. And shit, it's on the internet, why is it only available in certain areas?? Doesn't make sense to me.

Guessing it has to do with some BS contracts that they have to put together year to year, but it's a little ridiculous. For a league that seems to be all about squeezing every dollar they can out of everything, they sure are leaving a lot of money on the table with this. MLB is eons ahead in this department.
Old 08-24-14, 04:31 PM   #39
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It will be interesting to see what happens to Direct TV if they should lose the NFL Sunday Ticket package.
Old 08-24-14, 04:33 PM   #40
DVD Talk God

Yeah, it's a joke offer. If you don't live in 3 cities or an apartment that they can somehow verify, you're SOL.

I'm still wondering about DTV and their renewal with the NFL for ST after this season. Still no word. I'm guessing the NFL is trying to figure out how to maximize this shit before online viewing becomes flawless.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 08-24-14, 05:51 PM   #41
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NFL Now(streaming channel) should be called NFL Useless. If their are no live games or the NFL Film Library at my fingertips-it is pointless and useless.
Old 08-24-14, 05:58 PM   #42
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
NFL Now(streaming channel) should be called NFL Useless. If their are no live games or the NFL Film Library at my fingertips-it is pointless and useless.
There is highlights and personalized news and analysis from the NFL network studio. Who said live games were supposed to be part of it? That's what Sunday Ticket is for.

The nfl films stuff is $1.99 per month. It's premium content. You can watch A Football Life and other things.
Old 08-24-14, 06:54 PM   #43
DVD Talk Hero

Seriously, you guys : If I have my sister's SF home address and use one of her CC# with her billing address to pay for the service (paying her back, of course ), do you think that would work for this? They couldn't block me from getting it at my address in NV after I paid for it, right?

Old 08-24-14, 06:57 PM   #44
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Seriously, you guys : If I have my sister's SF home address and use one of her CC# with her billing address to pay for the service (paying her back, of course ), do you think that would work for this? They couldn't block me from getting it at my address in NV after I paid for it, right?
Probably depends if they track IPs.
Old 08-26-14, 11:01 AM   #45
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
There is highlights and personalized news and analysis from the NFL network studio. Who said live games were supposed to be part of it? That's what Sunday Ticket is for.

The nfl films stuff is $1.99 per month. It's premium content. You can watch A Football Life and other things.
Thanks for the info. Didn't know about NFL Now Plus. Hopefully they are faster at adding content than the WWE Network.
Old 08-10-15, 12:58 PM   #46
DVD Talk Hero

For those interested.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/att-dire...ng-1201496512/

Quote:
AT&T hopes to score with football fans who want to watch DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket but can’t put a satellite dish on their apartment, condominium, townhouse, or college dorm — or have another obstruction. The telco just expanded its streaming option to those who can’t subscribe to the No. 1 satellite company, which AT&T just acquired.

NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV will cost $49.99 a month, and offer live out-of-market NFL games to computers, mobile devices, major game consoles, and smart TV devices including Roku and Chromecast. Students at any four-year university can pay $24.99 a month for NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV U.

Devoted fans willing to pay $89.99 a month can also watch Red Zone Channel, and DirecTV Fantasy Zone, with additional data and analysis for fantasy football devotees.
Old 08-10-15, 01:21 PM   #47
DVD Talk Legend

Holy prices Batman! I thought Canadian prices were bad...
Old 08-10-15, 02:18 PM   #48
DVD Talk Legend

24.99 a month sounds awesome. i wonder if my niece who is in college can just order it and i just use the account. would that work?
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 08-10-15, 05:41 PM   #49
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah thats BS pricing. It would be nice to have since I just dropped DTV to go to Comcast for purely monetary purposes but DAMN thats not worth it at all.
Old 08-10-15, 06:12 PM   #50
DVD Talk Legend

I pay $40 for the ENTIRE SEASON of RedZone. There is no way I'll pay this much for ST. I'll just go up to the bar down the street when I want to watch an OOM game.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh