Reload this Page >

The June 2012 Pro Wrestling Thread - No Slammiversary Out

Sports Talk Discuss all things Sports Related

The June 2012 Pro Wrestling Thread - No Slammiversary Out

Old 06-06-12, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The June 2012 Pro Wrestling Thread - No Slammiversary Out

Should have brought back the wingled eagle.
Old 06-06-12, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Well according to PWI:

"This afternoon, PWInsider.com sent the photo to several WWE sources who noted that while there were some changes being made, it is indeed the new belt design."

If that's the case, then wow, just wow. I didn't think they could come up with something worse than the spinner. TNA did with their Jeff Hardy Divas championship, but jeez, what an awful looking piece of crap.
Old 06-06-12, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After initially saying "YUCK" and throwing up in my mouth a little at the look of the new belt, I think there is a little room for optimism (which, in WWE land, is like getting an alcohol swab for your lethal injection when you get the death penalty).

I think what we are looking at is the main face plate of the New WWE Championship belt. It isnt attached to anything, and it looks like the diamonds (cubic cerconias? LOL) are still in the process of being attached. Looks to me like someone on the inside snuck a cell phone camera pic to get something out as soon as possible. The shape of this plate is very reminicent of the WWE Draft logo of yesteryear (also kinda yells out WWE Network, the channel we will never see!). What I THINK is possible is that there will be room around where they place this on the belt itself for a nameplate for the champion and additional design.

Will it still look putrid? Probably. But for every genius thing this company does (bringing back the original design of the IC Title belt), we get 5 head scratchers.

Just one man's opinion....
Old 06-07-12, 08:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe it's the camera angle or the lack of strap, but the thing just looks too square. And too many jewels or divets or whatever those decorative bumps are. I know the current belt has them too, but I was hoping that would be the first thing they lost when they replaced the belt. It makes me think of 'mall kiosk bling' and not a prestigious championship.
Old 06-07-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The design isn't my cup of tea, but I still think it's much better than the Spinner belt.
Old 06-07-12, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They need to dump J-Mar already and get a belt maker that isn't fascinated with 'bedazzled' stuff.
Old 06-07-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Impact is beyond awful tonight. Just FYI. I think the only reason I tune in nowadays is for the train wreck effect. Looks like Mickie James is going to turn heel over being left out of a country music video.
Old 06-08-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by timber View Post
that belt never went away. Too bad shemus is wearing it.
qft...
Old 06-08-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The big gold belt is goofy ... way too large. It would probably even covers Ric Flair's gut these days.
Old 06-08-12, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Numerous sources within WWE say Kelly Kelly has been granted "time off" by organization officials. She has been on the road full time since her 2006 debut and requested the break to recharge her batteries.

"She's been here since she was a kid," said a company source. "She had been pushing for time away to spend with her family and her boyfriend. Six years for someone of her age is a lifetime. She needed a break."

Many of her colleagues don't believe Kelly's returning anytime soon, if at all, since she has begun promoting her alternative stage name (Barbie Blank) and is currently accepting requests for appearances and endorsements outside of WWE. She added the following information to her Twitter account over the weekend: "Barbie Blank/Kelly Kelly, WWE Diva, MAXIM Cover Girl and 100 Hottest Women. For full appearances/endorsements please contact Heidi at [email protected]."

Kelly last competed on television on the May 21 Raw SuperShow, losing to Beth Phoenix. She last wrestled on May 26 in Quito, Ecuador.
Wow! Figured she'd be around another 2-3 years before they would eventually can her.
Old 06-08-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Obscurity awaits. She needn't worry though, she won't be lonely.

According to Randy Orton, it's time to give her pussy a rest.
Old 06-09-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As part of the deal with TNA over Ric Flair appearing at the HOF, Christian will be at Slammiversary this weekend. No word if he'll appear on camera yet.
Old 06-09-12, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DGibFen View Post
As part of the deal with TNA over Ric Flair appearing at the HOF, Christian will be at Slammiversary this weekend. No word if he'll appear on camera yet.
If he doesn't, that seems like a very poor deal for TNA. I know they're getting commentary on a DVD as well, but what's the point of having Christian at a PPV, if he doesn't appear on camera?
Old 06-09-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 734 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
If he doesn't, that seems like a very poor deal for TNA. I know they're getting commentary on a DVD as well, but what's the point of having Christian at a PPV, if he doesn't appear on camera?
A Hall of Fame event seems quite a bit different to me than an actual PPV appearance though. As for the new WWE Championship design, I don't hate it but it's a bit on the plain side if you ask me. I liked the Winged Eagle or the Attitude era belts best probably. The Undisputed Championship design wasn't bad either.
Old 06-10-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
A Hall of Fame event seems quite a bit different to me than an actual PPV appearance though. As for the new WWE Championship design, I don't hate it but it's a bit on the plain side if you ask me. I liked the Winged Eagle or the Attitude era belts best probably. The Undisputed Championship design wasn't bad either.
Well, Flair also did appear at WrestleMania as a part of the HOF festivities. So it's not out of line to have Christian on camera. He won't be wrestling, that's a given.

I just hope he's not the first inductee into TNA's Hall Of Fame. No offense to Christian, but no way should they give him that "honor." The other possibility is that he would introduce the first inductee, which makes more sense.

In other news, the Kofi Kingston curse spreads to another partner. R-Truth broke his foot last week, and will be out of action for a while. Brodus Clay and Zack Ryder have taken his place on WWE's tour of Spain.

So it looks like there will be at least one new tag champion on Monday.
Old 06-10-12, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Christian not only appeared on camera, but he was introduced by Hogan, and gave a speech in the ring.

But his face read "wow, I wish I wasn't here tonight".

Last edited by DGibFen; 06-10-12 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-10-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
I just hope he's not the first inductee into TNA's Hall Of Fame. No offense to Christian, but no way should they give him that "honor."
That honor goes to Sting.
Old 06-10-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
that honor goes to jeff jarrett.
:d
Old 06-11-12, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

I don't disagree it should go to Jeff, but at the PPV they announced Sting as the first inductee.
Old 06-11-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott Steiner makes me laugh... but i do agree on some points

SCOTT STEINER DOING HIS BEST TO GET INTO THE TNA HALL OF FAME AT BROOKE HOGAN'S EXPENSE
by Mike Johnson @ 6:37 PM on 6/10/2012

Although he's been really quiet of late via Twitter, Scott Steiner opened up with both barrels towards TNA and Brooke Hogan in particular, writing (language edited):
"After brooke hogan tweeted that she could make more money on her back than i did in my wrestling career...Which i accepted and i will get into later,a high ranking official from TNA (who i respect)called me and Without going into the whole conversation he ask me to stop tweeting and since im trying to Save TNA from the same fate as WCW,and this official also has TNA's best interest in mind i agreed...Until b**choff opened his mouth spewing his bullsh** as usual,but first since i missed brookes debut. I know The camera adds 10 lbs but OMG how big is her head,did everybody notice when they were advertising her For the show they had a picture of her that looked totally differerent of her when she walked out,how many Gallons of paint did it take to airbrush that big head...and this is why i accepted her challenge that she Could make more money on her back, even though guys have fetishes and sometime guys are just bored But she has too many physical variables and abnormalities to be competitive or make money as a whore. Keep in mind she could have issued the challenge that she could make more money singing but she chose Prostitution bcuz even she knows her singing sucks...her dad took her to a few music studios in nashville in a last ditch effort and of course they got laughed out of the studio...same results cant sing cant dance and shes an amazon. A lot of responses to her debut was that she was a amazon..she has fat knees,cankles and did i mention she has a big head Spinkled with a lil transvestite dust. So with the horrible ratings and reviews of his daughter what does hogan do;re-tweets a sexual tweet bcuz The guy asks him too! LOL what a f**king idiot..need some ppl to tweet hogan the most vulgar sexual laced tweets and lets see if The dumb**s will re-tweet them. For 21/2 yrs since hogan bitchoff n pritchard have been in charge the ratings have sucked and TNA continues. To lose more and more of its fanbase and they think bringing in hogan's no talent daughter in will help The ratings.....they are fn crazy....the knockouts are pissed and think shes a joke."
ever since they went live, their show blows even worse than the tapings and their ratings are worse as well
Old 06-11-12, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
Scott Steiner makes me laugh... but i do agree on some points
I agree with all of his points, even though his grammar is awful.
Old 06-11-12, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can anyone inform of just what Mr. Steiner said in that incoherent mess?
Old 06-11-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Can anyone inform of just what Mr. Steiner said in that incoherent mess?
TNA is being brought down by Hogan and Bischoff. Bringing in Hogan's no-talent daughter is further proof of that.
Old 06-11-12, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
TNA is being brought down by Hogan and Bischoff. Bringing in Hogan's no-talent daughter is further proof of that.
Thanks for the translation. Very amusing to think of what he's trying to communicate and what he actually writes.
Old 06-11-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,103 Likes on 860 Posts

Doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of twitter if you're going to go on long rants anyway? I'm not super familiar with it, but I thought the character limitation was part of the appeal?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.